Shut up and take my money!

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Because you did not specify how much money, I would get a private zeppelin that I would then live in. I'm pretty sure airships fall under the purview of geekdom.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
If I had the expendable money for it, I'd absolutely love a personally-fitted black cloak [http://www.khwiki.net/Black_coat] from the Kingdom Hearts franchise, complete with gloves and boots.

That would be perfect.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I would like to have a bigger place to live so I can fulfill a silly dream I had since I was a kid: To own every console I ever played, with all the games I like and have them all installed. Which actually translates in buying a lot since I have three consoles now =(

Also, mangas from a particular artist I like.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
If I had the money and space to display them properly, I'd go broke on the Sideshow and Hot Toys collectibles. Their Avengers models more specifically. Their Iron Man, their Captain America, and their Loki were all amazingly well detailed and very cool.

It's not that I couldn't afford them now exactly. It's mostly that I own a small house and can't really justify the high price tag on a thing I'll likely never get to display in any meaningful way. There just isn't enough space in this house for all of mine and my daughter's stuff, let alone a place to put out something like that which is far more form than function, if you take my meaning.

Storm Dragon said:
Because you did not specify how much money, I would get a private zeppelin that I would then live in. I'm pretty sure airships fall under the purview of geekdom.
Pfft. Zeppelins are so mainstream. REAL geeks prefer dirigibles.

*pushes up glasses* And I was already into them before they were "cool"

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-fx-ii-preamp-fx-processor.php
This, a decent power amp, a set of cabs and the most expensive 8 string money can buy :D

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Muspelheim said:
A lifetime supply of my favourite cigarettes.

Ehm, geeky things, right!

Well, I'm not entirely sure, come to think of it. Perhaps a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. suit, they look comfortable when out and about in the woods. Perfect for picking mushrooms. I could get a boar hunting license and really get in the swing of things.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111201115142/stalker/images/thumb/4/4d/Spartacus.png/276px-Spartacus.png

Howdy-ho.

YES.

I Will also have one of those too please! We could work together, I wait outside bars and tell people to "Come in, Don't just stand there!" and you wait inside and tell them to "Geeeet onnnnn outtta heeeeeereeee!"

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I bought this:

Scraggy's cute.

I've gotten out of the buying random shit thing, but I had trouble resisting this. Still, I'm having a little buyers remorse waiting for it to arrive. Impulse buys, eh?

The AOT maneuver gear thing was friggin' cool, though. I don't cosplay, but...wow.

nyankaty

Nov 4, 2013
Oh gosh... There's far too many geeky things I would want.

1) Every Unoa doll from Alchemic Labo. Alchemic Labo is a guy in Japan who makes garage kit resin dolls and sells them and they're hideously expensive. I have only one now and she's worth well over $1000 which is why I have just one. To collect all of his Unoas would be thousands and thousands of bucks.
2) Every Wonderful from Studio Uoo. Wonderfrogs are the cutest vinyl frog toys.
3) Every single Silent Hill game ever made.
4) Every piece of Kingdom Hearts merch ever.
5) Zooey Deschanel's entire wardrobe.
6) Every figurine ever made from Earthbound and Mother 3. I have a Dosei-San right now but he's the only one I could find in my price range. He's sitting by my computer now. DOING.

I'm really not much of a fandom merch type person really, I get more joy out of looking up fanarts online of the things that I love more than having a figurine.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Resident cynic reporting in.

I'd not buy anything "geeky" for the sake of buying something "geeky". Maybe I'd get a coffee mug with a caffeine molecule drawn on it, or change my name to "Freddie" and then hang an "Hg" sign around my neck for Halloween, but, eh, otherwise I'd just keep buying games that catch my interest and continue to not care about clutter.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I can think of one thing that I would like to have.

So, who wants a ride, first?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Gundam Model kits. All of them. And lots of shelf space. I miss putting those together, and I have current models that need replacement parts.

I'd restart my weapons collection. Archaic, and modern.

I'd get
<youtube=cDoRmT0iRic>

I'd prolly get every game I ever wanted. There's a lot on my back list, frankly, but I'm too broke to buy'em all, and all the systems to play them all on.

And for a dash of crazy, I'd opt to go full cyborg ala Motoko Kusanagi. <.<

Which makes me think of Fuchi/tachikoma, which makes me think of
<youtube=2iZ0WuNvHr8>
which would be on my list.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I would buy this beauty ... if I had the money.

It is the Cold Steel Dragonfly Series Katana - Model 88DK.
It costs more then a grand and I would love to have it.
Cause who doesn't want a family sword? :D

I'm just one of those guys who admires good craftsmanship ... especially if it is medieval weaponry.

But that is a actual realistic thing I can buy ... if I could buy anything.
It would be a lightning coated sword. >.<

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
A full-sized Majora's Mask, a full-sized Sleeping Lion Keyblade, and an Organization XIII fitted coat.

So. Much. WANT.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'd buy a to scale model of a Dark Knight from Dark Souls because I BE A FANBOY!

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Every single miniature from wizkid's mechwarrior: age of destruction miniatures game.

Aw who am I kidding. Full sized battlemech, anyone? Just don't piss me off or your car (or even your house) might become a throwing weapon!

Of course, I would settle for a suit of battletech battlearmor. that would do nicely.

Oh, and after reading the thread title, I am disappointed not to see at least one picture of Fry saying "Shut up and take my money already!"

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013

Old_Teabags

Mar 27, 2011
The Batmobile. I would have to have it, then cruise around to all the clubs and yell "IM BATMAN"!"

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
I'd want a room made in to a replica of the TARDIS console room circa the end of Tom Baker's/Beginning of Peter Davison's run.

Also a custom cell phone built to look like an old rotary phone & a carpet bag to carry it on to public transportation with. I'd arrange for friends to call me while I'm on the train/bus and reach in to the bag, pull out the phone (with a cord trailing in to the bag) and hold the phone so it could be easily seen. And glare at anyone who stared at me/it.