Sick of the Duke Nuke 'Em hype

Inchronica

Feb 3, 2011
Am I the only one who is not excited for this game what so ever? If anything, This game is more of a step back than forward. (IMO) It's just feeding the stereotype of what most people think a gamer is. I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but, I'm not laughing. I'm wondering why games like this are even being made.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Not excited about it, but instead of caring, I'm just going to ignore it and look forward to the stuff I am excited about.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Because games, like any medium, should try to appeal to as many as possible. We have movies like this, we have books like this, why not games?
I'm not looking forward to it, but I can see why some are.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Because people like having fun. Crazy, right?

If you're not excited for it, then ignore it. BAM! Problem solved.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Inchronica said:
Am I the only one who
No, you are not. In fact, you are never the only one.

And its entire purpose is to be a satirically over-the-top game, which is a nice change of pace from the samey-shooter games being spewed out now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
If this sets gaming backwards...why don't people ***** about Saint's Row setting gaming backwards?

BRING ON THE BACKWARDS.

If this is ruining gaming, let's burn gaming to the ground, then. I want more stuff like it.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
"I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but, I'm not laughing."

I say the same thing about Jim Sterling, I can't do anything about that and you can't do anything about the DNF hype I'm afraid.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
I'm not a fan either but hey you wanna get excited it's your choice. I'm sure people don't get why you like games that you do.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I wish I could just *sigh* and be done with it but that would get me a warning...

OT: I like how you are trying to "defend" the status of a gamer it seems like. It's really cute but I have to say you're wrong that it perpetuates what a "gamer" is. If anything more CoD games and CoD clones would right now do more to that then a nice jump back to the days of the Duke. To top it off I really could careless about this game anyway. If a friend of mine buys it I might ask to borrow it for awhile but I doubt I'll buy it. Hell I didn't even know 12 somewhat years ago that they were even making a Duke Nukem Forever and for the longest time the whole DNF joke was lost on me until I saw the ZP bit on it.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
It's the gaming equivalent of Jackass. And like Jackass i'll: rent it, wonder what the big deal was about, be underwhelmed, make a note to ignore any sequels, and return it.

Some people feel otherwise, they're welcome to their opinion no matter how wrong I think they are.

I really haven't seen as much hype for Duke Nukem as I have for, say, Skyrim. Or the Left 4 Dead games, or any Halo game, or(etc.) you get the idea.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Inchronica said:
Am I the only one who is not excited for this game what so ever? If anything, This game is more of a step back than forward. (IMO) It's just feeding the stereotype of what most people think a gamer is. I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but, I'm not laughing. I'm wondering why games like this are even being made.
Yeah, the sad part is Pitchford is really taking Duke seriously, and the game itself seems to be taking itself seriously.

The Duke kind of came out when I was growing up, but I never got into it. Because I wasn't a rebellious kind of kid, and two I didn't buy M-rated games just because. The Nuke fandom kind of passed me by.

I fail to see his relevance in modern gaming, but I won't deny fans their thirteen-year wait. Nostalgia is the biggest thing going for DNF.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Yes, I'm sick to death of hearing about the Duke. I have no interest in it and I couldn't care less if it up and died tomorrow.

That being said, even if I don't like it, I acknowledge that there are those hardcore fans that do like it, just like there are Halo fanboys, and Half Life fanboys, and My Little Pony fanboys. The difference here is that the Duke fanboys have literally been jerked around for the last 15 years. For 15 years the game has been passed on, build up, sold to them, and then yanked away. And while I can see the lulz in that a couple times, at this point I'm inclined to let the fanboys have their moment as the Duke is FINALLY going to be released.

So, just let them have this one. This ONE. When Duke Nukem Forever: Again comes out and they won't shut up about THAT, THEN you can call them out for being fucktards. Everyone deserves a moment in the spotlight though. Let them have theirs.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
It's not getting that much hype. Not once have I seen an ad for it somewhere like on a bus or on TV. There's a lot of stuff but it's all internal and quite easy to ignore.

That said, I've been following all the hype, and it looks hella fun!

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
The hype is part of the character, ridiculously long development time aside, Duke Nukem is something of a joke. As far as I can tell it hasn't really broken the bank for advertising, so much as let the media run with it soon it will be released and there will be no new news about it and we can go our merry way without hearing anything about The Duke.