Sick of the Duke Nuke 'Em hype

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Necromancer Jim said:
Because people like having fun. Crazy, right?
It's madness, I tell you, MADNESS!

Yeah, I am looking forward to it, because I think it will be a whole lot of stupid fun. Yeah, the demo is said to be underwhelming, but from what I hear, it's eight months old, and not a good representation of the finished product.

I'm hopeful about this game: a relic from the nineties with updated graphics, and tons of testosterone and boobies.

I like having fun. But I guess that means I'm just a stereotype, though, huh?

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
LightningBanks said:
exactly, and theres not a single person in the world that likes every game to ever exist. So we all have a 'Am I the only one' thread in our minds, if we all posted our own, the escapist forums would drown in them
What do you mean "would" drown in them, we are drowning in them! :)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
If this sets gaming backwards...why don't people ***** about Saint's Row setting gaming backwards?

BRING ON THE BACKWARDS.

If this is ruining gaming, let's burn gaming to the ground, then. I want more stuff like it.
Not played the demo yet then? xD From my understanding, Saints Row is actually a good game beneath the silly.

OT: I'm annoyed by the amount of people defending it 'just because' more than anything. If that demo is even a tenth of what the game is like, the game will still be shit. All it has going for it is the shooting and the humour, and the shooting's piss-weak and its not funny. The game thinks its obscene, when really it isn't.

"Its just meant to be fun," is not an excuse for a bad game.

But still, you're now going to be executed for saying "am I the only one...?". You are NEVER the only one.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Well if the full game is anything like the demo, the hype won't last very long.

It was like playing an ugly, bland, low budget shovelware shooter from 2005...

Cid SilverWing said:
It's supposed to bring back the FUN shooters. Out the window with the brown "realistic" right-wing gunwankers that clog up the mainstream.
...it's also very brown.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
I know Duke Nukem is making fun of itself with all the sexism and OTT violence, but I still just find it unpleasant. I'm not looking forward to it, and from what I've seen of the demo for the game, it seems gearbox completely missed the point of what duke nukem was even supposed to be.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Sapient Pearwood said:
LightningBanks said:
exactly, and theres not a single person in the world that likes every game to ever exist. So we all have a 'Am I the only one' thread in our minds, if we all posted our own, the escapist forums would drown in them
What do you mean "would" drown in them, we are drowning in them! :)
Indeed, but a few survivors are hanging on by the rafts of the good forum posts :D