Signed 360 Not Quite the Prize it Seems

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Tenmar said:
Here is what would be the sad part. That this is what Microsoft has been doing with all those defective Xbox units. Gut em and put em in new cases.
The guts are new, though. The case is old.

Confusing, ain't it?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Microsoft ripped someone off?! Egad! Someone inform the newspapers!

lol I'm just kidding. But really, this was a douche move.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I just wonder what the contest winner can do about it. Can he return it and get an xbox 360 in an xbox 360 case signed by Peter or is he stuck with something only good to be sold on ebay?

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
I just wonder what the contest winner can do about it. Can he return it and get an xbox 360 in an xbox 360 case signed by Peter or is he stuck with something only good to be sold on ebay?
It's pretty cut and dry. Microsoft either replaces the 360 prize with a similar one or they'll look stupid. Making a mistake like this is plenty bad PR as is.

But unlike some, I'm not really seeing any intentional ripping people off here. A hilariously stupid mistake, yes, but nothing worse than the moronic statements the console companies put out almost daily.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
That's not really a 360 for playing, anyway. It' a collector's item, and I scorn him for even having the chance to notice that he can't actually use it.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
There's two ways around this.

1: Rip out the case, and shove it in a new 360 case.

2: Just slice off the bit of plastic, and VOILA. You can plug the damn cables in!
Agree. Not really that big of a deal in all honesty. The winner still has the best 360 out, but in a totaly unique casing no one else in the world has. Just remove the backing and not only will it work just fine, but with the extra ventilation he's adding, it'll be less likely to RRoD.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Even easier, The HDMI port is totally unobstructed so just use that. Problem solved. Some people are retarded.

Molyneaux is hardly a Uwe Bol. His games are at least ok and sometimes good. Uwe Bol has never made anything worthwhile in his entire career. He's not perfect, but he's far from a Uwe Bol.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I wouldn't feel the least bit of remorse cracking that case to get to the ports. As previous poster said, it would probably provide better ventilation and less chance for RROD. Or better yet sell it back to Molyneaux. The guy's so full of himself he'd probably offer beaucoup bucks for it. Like he'd want to play anything on it....

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Wait a second... I'm still stumped on why anyone would want a Molyneaux-signed 360. That's kind of like a DVD player signed by Uwe Bole.
I went out of my way to buy a DVD signed by Tommy Wiseau, so that should answer your question.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Id buy a plane ticket, go to england, find peter and shove this so far down his throat he shits up the proper Xbox i won.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Why go through all that trouble, they could have just mailed him the box with rocks in it. lol now im wondering if it was signed "steve" all over the front panel in permanent marker.
But Dr. Hobo said my Boxerz o' Roxerz was the most advanced system. I told her that, then she hit me again.
But a Xbox signed by the Pixel Torturer, might not be a prize.

Kailias

Mar 11, 2009
Wow, I feel bad for the guy that won that... Still it sounds like he already had a 360 anyway so at least he can still play his games. Just wow though, how do you make a mistake like that?