Silicon Knights Still Breathes, Dyack Has Left The Building

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
So long as Dyack's associated with the project, I'm not touching it. That guy makes Phil Fish look like a Buddhist monk.
Both of those guys have their heads so far up their asses Neil deGrasse Tyson is still trying to theorize how they haven't destroyed the planet with sheer pretentiousness alone.
Yes, but somehow I can still at least respect Phil Fish since he seems to at least on some level accept that his opinions are his own and they sound crazy more often than not. Dyack is just an arrogant, childish prick, based on all that I've seen, heard, and read, from multiple sources and multiple opinions. Plus it comes across very evidently in Too Human's game design...
I guess you haven't heard the recent crybaby antics of Phil Fish. He was recently blasting Valve on his Twitter for them taking a 30% cut of sales from Fez (which is public knowledge) and telling people to support upcoming the Humble Bundle specifically for HIS game so that he could get more money. Between that and the way he responded to being called out on Reddit its safe to say that Dyack and Fish are cut from the same cloth here. I'd say your statement falls more in like with Jonathon Blow.
No... I heard... I just forgot, and yeah... that was just stupid. That said, I wouldn't say what I said about Fish ever about Blow. Blow is... some freakishly weird robot that made a game that for the life of me does not have the amazing impact it supposedly should have. In fact, it just seems like the stereotypical "quirky 2D platformer with a message" that almost any indie studio makes these days. It's usually either that or a Natural Selection 2-esque multiplayer title.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Parakeettheprawn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
So long as Dyack's associated with the project, I'm not touching it. That guy makes Phil Fish look like a Buddhist monk.
Both of those guys have their heads so far up their asses Neil deGrasse Tyson is still trying to theorize how they haven't destroyed the planet with sheer pretentiousness alone.
Yes, but somehow I can still at least respect Phil Fish since he seems to at least on some level accept that his opinions are his own and they sound crazy more often than not. Dyack is just an arrogant, childish prick, based on all that I've seen, heard, and read, from multiple sources and multiple opinions. Plus it comes across very evidently in Too Human's game design...
I guess you haven't heard the recent crybaby antics of Phil Fish. He was recently blasting Valve on his Twitter for them taking a 30% cut of sales from Fez (which is public knowledge) and telling people to support upcoming the Humble Bundle specifically for HIS game so that he could get more money. Between that and the way he responded to being called out on Reddit its safe to say that Dyack and Fish are cut from the same cloth here. I'd say your statement falls more in like with Jonathon Blow.
No... I heard... I just forgot, and yeah... that was just stupid. That said, I wouldn't say what I said about Fish ever about Blow. Blow is... some freakishly weird robot that made a game that for the life of me does not have the amazing impact it supposedly should have. In fact, it just seems like the stereotypical "quirky 2D platformer with a message" that almost any indie studio makes these days. It's usually either that or a Natural Selection 2-esque multiplayer title.
I'll give you that. While Braid is just so run of the mill it hurts, at least Jonathan Blow's sanctimonious complaints were warranted when it came to how MS handled it. He also didn't make some claim that his game was "built for the console because that's where the money is at". That was another great gem from Mr. Phil Fish. And only to be called out on Reddit for that statement when he decided not even half a year later to release it on Steam. His response was that he did it, "for the money."

That's why I couldn't readily recommend Indie Game: The Movie. The Super Meat Boy developers were the only ones that showed a bit of class, while Blow and Fish were just narcissistic. That and the filmmakers were caught kind of throwing Phil Fish's partner under the bus in a big way. When 2 days after the movie's release they had to change one of the credit notes from "Fish's ex-partner asked not to participate in the film", to "Fish's ex-partner was not asked to participate in this movie", it threw any credibility of Phil Fish's part of the movie (the longest part too) right out the window. They just let Fish trash his ex-partner and didn't even bother to get the other side of the story. That's pretty bad for a documentary film to do.

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
I'll give you that. While Braid is just so run of the mill it hurts, at least Jonathan Blow's sanctimonious complaints were warranted when it came to how MS handled it. He also didn't make some claim that his game was "built for the console because that's where the money is at". That was another great gem from Mr. Phil Fish. And only to be called out on Reddit for that statement when he decided not even half a year later to release it on Steam. His response was that he did it, "for the money."

That's why I couldn't readily recommend Indie Game: The Movie. The Super Meat Boy developers were the only ones that showed a bit of class, while Blow and Fish were just narcissistic. That and the filmmakers were caught kind of throwing Phil Fish's partner under the bus in a big way. When 2 days after the movie's release they had to change one of the credit notes from "Fish's ex-partner asked not to participate in the film", to "Fish's ex-partner was not asked to participate in this movie", it threw any credibility of Phil Fish's part of the movie (the longest part too) right out the window. They just let Fish trash his ex-partner and didn't even bother to get the other side of the story. That's pretty bad for a documentary film to do.
*Sigh* Yeah... I didn't know that detail, unfortunately, until now. That... makes it a lot worse.