Silliest Arguments you've ever had in public.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
So what's the stupidest, most moronic, argument you've had in public without the excuse of being on some form of mild altering substance?

For me it would be almost getting into a fist fight with my best friend in a restaurant... over Super Ted. Yes the cartoon. My position was that his secret magic words were "My Secret Magic Words" and my friend disagreed, it got out of control from there.

So how about you? the dumbest thing you've almost punched someone over?

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
I was yelling at my friend to stop talking in Pig Latin every single time he talks.

And he wouldn't respond to me unless i talked in Pig Latin too.

Honestly it was kind of fun.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I have so many of these arguements its not even funny.

One of the latest was my mate denying there was a 6th Star Trek Movie (There is, Star Trek 6: the Undiscovered Country...I had it on VHS).

Its usually the same mate i argue with. He's an idiot.

Julianking93 said:
Any argument involving Star Wars or Star Trek.
HOW THE FLUFF DID YOU MANAGE TO NINJA ME?!?!

Im onto you...

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I almost punched my dad when he insisted that Robert Carlisle wasn't in Trainspotting.

I also argue frequently with my friend about Pizza eating etiquette, I like to cut pizza into corners, then fold it and eat it. This is the easiest way to eat pizza and minimises loss of toppings or drippage. He insists on cutting it into eighths and eating it. What a prick...

delet

Nov 2, 2008
The only thing I can remember wasn't really an argument, but a nice group break-into-song. I started it out: "Butterfly in the sky!", a friend joined in, "I can fly twice as high!", then more people joined in for, "It's in a book, just take a look!" and then we had a group covering half the damned hallway singing "READING RAINBOW!"

We've also done the Pokemon thyme song, and then one time the entire pokerap. It may not be an argument, but it was public and it was awesome.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
One time at school I was dressed up as Captain Kirk for Halloween and a sixth grader walked past me (keep in mind this happened this year, and I'm in tenth grade) and he was dressed as a stormtrooper. I called him out from across the room about how Star Trek is better than Star Wars.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I had an argument with some one saying that the Coca Cola commercial was making a parody for "Lime in the coconut", some one else was positive that they said "Lime in the Can".

Many face palms ensued.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Since I'm a whore for facts, I have this annoying habit of correcting anybody who makes an incorrect statement. Well, as my luck would have it, I was out with a group of friends when one of them said it was as cold as outer space outside (it was a pretty chilly day). What followed can best be described as me trying to explain why space isn't cold while being confronted with an outpour of 'but the movies say' bullshit.

Also, I corrected someone who thought that 'octopi' was the correct plural form of octopus once (the correct one is octopuses, or, more pedantically, octopodes). That argument lasted a good ten minutes.

Jan 29, 2009
An argument as to whether Peach was a good videogame character. This was outloud with about 4 people involved, in a bandroom, but still.

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
I once had a strange discussion about the existence of blonde beavers. At first we meant the animal but then people started gives us strange looks which reminded us of the other way it could be interpreted...in which case we started talking about the other kind of blonde beavers and wondering if they existed...

Alex909

Sep 13, 2009
I argued that it's ok to eat Pizza from the crust down. My friend didn't see that there was no difference.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Trying to convince several people that Yes, there are such things as white squirrels and that I saw one. It lasted several hours longer than it should have due to a lack of internets.

And I was right!

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Furburt said:
Yesterday with my friends Dan and Alan.

"LOOK! I'm telling you, a pyramid has 5 faces! 4 around, and one on the bottom!"

"It's not! It's 4 faces! There's three around and one at the bottom"

This wasn't intended satirically, we were actually shouting this yesterday.

Apparently, Pyramids can have 4 or 5 faces.

Which makes it totally pointless!
Wait... Isn't one with 3 sides around and one on the bottom a tetrahedron? and a pyramid HAS to have a square base... Right?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Xboxs have better graphics than PCs."

Even the people around him who weren't gamers told him he was an idiot.

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
One, of my friends had an argument with me over...
[HEADING=1]Warning!!![/HEADING] This will make you lose faith in humanity.(if you had it to begin with)
He thinks girls have penises, and yes, I had an argument with him over it. And I know they CAN have them, but they're not biologically a girl anymore, so yeah.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Daveman said:
I also argue frequently with my friend about Pizza eating etiquette, I like to cut pizza into corners, then fold it and eat it. This is the easiest way to eat pizza and minimises loss of toppings or drippage. He insists on cutting it into eighths and eating it. What a prick...
You don't fold a pizza, real men just eat it as it is.

Oh, once got into a wrestling match in English class regarding the proper lyrics to the Phineas & Ferb (a children's cartoon) theme song. Turns out I was wrong, but I still won the fight dammit.