Silliest Arguments you've ever had in public.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
"No you're arguing"

"No you're yelling"

"It's called an Octagon"

"it said "Might" have Co-op"

I have argued over many a topic, and have both won and lost my fair share.

sukotsuto

Nov 15, 2007
Hoo boy

Me and my pops always has this heated debate over whether grappling vs striking in martial arts (He was slightly siding with striking, while I'm slightly siding with grappling). We both know that both can be important, but still, every bit of subtleties on whether this or that will work on a street situation, military situation, etc. It was fun though, since he's the only person who I can talk about regarding that, but still, people around would probably think that me and my pops will actually fight each other just to get the point across :p

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
I have a really good friend with whom I frequently fight in public. It always starts out as just mucking around, you know, slagging each others taste in music despite liking half of the others bands we're attacking, this gravitates to slaps, nipple cripples, dead legs and almost always goes into 10 second bursts of brawling. Normally this is funny, people accuse us of being gay, tell us to leave it home and etc.

However it sometimes gets out of hand. Last time it was because I headbutted him in the chest(bet it didn't even hurt) when he was trying to make me do YMCA with my arms(not gay). Apparently headbutting isn't in the rules so we had a little lovers tiff(still not gay).

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Videogame developers are addicted to videogames

that I'm pessimistic about everything
How a good friend of mine is pessimistic about everything

why can't I just say something as 'good'

Some WWE wrestling game is an RPG

Yeah he's a friend of mine. But his arguments are VERY weak and sometimes you want to smack him upside the head

Jul 9, 2008
Aby_Z said:
The only thing I can remember wasn't really an argument, but a nice group break-into-song. I started it out: "Butterfly in the sky!", a friend joined in, "I can fly twice as high!", then more people joined in for, "It's in a book, just take a look!" and then we had a group covering half the damned hallway singing "READING RAINBOW!"

We've also done the Pokemon thyme song, and then one time the entire pokerap. It may not be an argument, but it was public and it was awesome.
Hah, I had something similar. I was at my summer camp, and it's arranged that so that the Dining Hall is in the center of camp, and there's a line of cabins on each side, youngest closest to the hall, older farther out, one side boys, one side girls. Whenever the camp as a whole does something, we meet in front of the dining hall. This happened just last year, I was with my friends in the oldest boys cabin and we started walking towards the dining hall. As we passed and were joined by the second oldest cabin, we began singing and more boys joined as we passed their cabins. Long story short, we got half the camp to sing Bohemian Rhapsody together.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
Right before I was going to get surgery (for something I'd rather not say) I got into an argument with a doctor. While he was saying that the metric system is better for everything, he said something like "kilograms are a much better way to measure weight than pounds and ounces". I said that, technically, grams are a measure of mass and not weight, and that the official way to measure weight in the SI system is newtons. Also I was on drugs at this point.

MMMowman

Mar 9, 2009
At one of thoses giant chess boards I was arguging to my sister about a pawn movement rule called "En passant" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant ). She was yelling and screaming at me because she thought I was cheating.

mrques.jorge

Feb 21, 2010
MrBacon said:
Furburt said:
Yesterday with my friends Dan and Alan.

"LOOK! I'm telling you, a pyramid has 5 faces! 4 around, and one on the bottom!"

"It's not! It's 4 faces! There's three around and one at the bottom"

This wasn't intended satirically, we were actually shouting this yesterday.

Apparently, Pyramids can have 4 or 5 faces.

Which makes it totally pointless!
Wait... Isn't one with 3 sides around and one on the bottom a tetrahedron? and a pyramid HAS to have a square base... Right?

I assume you mean a regular tetrahedron, altought a tetrahedron is just a polyhedron with 4 triangular faces, also, it is a pyramid. Pyramids can have any number of faces as long as they are equal to, or, greater than four. So, the side faces, (let's call the total number of faces n), of a pyramind are always n-1, when n=4 or n>4. Also, the number of edges on the base face is always equal to number of side faces. When n gets big enough, the pyramid will start to resemble a cone, and the base face will start to resemble a circle, although, theoretically you only achieve a real cone as n aproaches plus infinity. So, that being said, the tetrahedron is a pyramid like any other, and, if i'm not tistaken, the simplest one. Hope this clarifies.

As for that thread itself, i'm always arguing about stupid shit with my brother.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
RossyB said:
Trying to convince several people that Yes, there are such things as white squirrels and that I saw one. It lasted several hours longer than it should have due to a lack of internets.

And I was right!
Your post deserves a win, I've never seen a white squirrel but there are albino's crocodiles so why not squirrels.

I'm thinking the stupidest argument was over how much i hate johnny depp and the other person was saying he was a revolution as an actor. I said i hated him in every role except jack sparrow and the person was like he is sexy and great and i said so he is sexy that is why he is such an incredible actor... she said yep.(i didn't really know where to take the argument from there so that was that)

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I got into an argument with a bud discussing whether to include nudists in our school play
...long story

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Here is one that I'm constantly dragged into because I enjoy sci-fi

No, Alien came out BEFORE Alien vs Predator
But AvP was first
/insert dates of films' original release date, other assorted time related facts
How do you know that
It's common knowledge
But AvP was first, you just made that up!
Repeat until the other person accepts I am right.

Another one is that a facehugger (still from alien) is NOT A SPACE SPIDER, but essentially a walking embryo, not to mention it does not have the body segments to be a spider Then I'm told a walking embryo would never be in a family movie. This argument is followed by Alien not being a family friendly movie.
Yes, my arguments revolve around being a geek. But they are so much more fun.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
I was actually having an argument with a friend yesterday over whether pi was really infinite and if .9999 repeating equals one.

Come to think of it, we never really argue or discuss anything serious at all.

vasudean

May 30, 2008
I had an argument with my dad on what clan Drizzt Do'Urden belonged to. I said that he belonged to the Do'Urden clan, but he said that he belonged to the Baenre clan, but took his father's last name. This argument lasted for 2 days until I brought the book over and showed him that I was right.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Arguments about wether we're going to die 2012 and wether God and psychics are real xD

I am against both! And my moronic,optimistic and yet so gullable friends were for... I can't believe these idiots!

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I was arguing with three of my friends that, technically, you could not decapitate a finger.

No, Pat, not even if the finger in question is arbitrarily named "Head." That's just stupid.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
Furburt said:
Yesterday with my friends Dan and Alan.

"LOOK! I'm telling you, a pyramid has 5 faces! 4 around, and one on the bottom!"

"It's not! It's 4 faces! There's three around and one at the bottom"

This wasn't intended satirically, we were actually shouting this yesterday.

Apparently, Pyramids can have 4 or 5 faces.

Which makes it totally pointless!
Furburt I thought you or your friend took basic geometry.
Were you guys referring to the shape or the world wonder?

Me and my friends were arguing about 09's game of the year the entire way home...
It was quite interesting and shocking.