Silliest Arguments you've ever had in public.

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
A Random Reader said:
One, of my friends had an argument with me over...
[HEADING=1]Warning!!![/HEADING] This will make you lose faith in humanity.(if you had it to begin with)
He thinks girls have penises, and yes, I had an argument with him over it. And I know they CAN have them, but they're not biologically a girl anymore, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and he was not a girl, btw
Please, for the love of Liam Nesson, did you punch the twat in the throat?
No, I did not, mainly because it was in the middle of science (guess what the topic was!) and partially because I was laughing too hard.

Mar451

Nov 25, 2009
I almost got into a fistfight in the middle of class arguing with a friend over the backstory of the Joker.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Oh god.

It all started with a thats what she said joke between me and my friend. It then started to get really weird, and about 10 people i could tell were listening intently.

Just take a guess at all the nasty things we said, i dont think i want to repeat them here on the Escapist.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I had an argument with one of my friends over whether the song Tainted Love by Soft Cell is considered upbeat. I stand firm in my position that it is in no way upbeat. It's called Tainted Love for god's sake.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
I once had an argument with several friends over which Rocket Power characters we would be if our lives were Rocket Power. Everyone wanted to be Twister.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Aby_Z said:
The only thing I can remember wasn't really an argument, but a nice group break-into-song. I started it out: "Butterfly in the sky!", a friend joined in, "I can fly twice as high!", then more people joined in for, "It's in a book, just take a look!" and then we had a group covering half the damned hallway singing "READING RAINBOW!"
I had one of those during my lunch time at school. One kid across the room yells "PANTS ON THE GROUND PANTS ON THE GROUND" then I yell "LOOKIN LIKE A FOO WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND"
then two other kids join in and in unison all 4 of us say "WITH THE GOLD IN YA MOUTH, HAT TURNED SIDEWAY PANT HIT THE GROUND" then about half the lunchroom started singing the rest of the song untill the princible came in and ended us.

And it doesnt end there. He had a big speach to us about how that song was an abomintaion to human existance. and just as he turns to walk out someone pantsed him, then the whole lunch room goes "PANTS ON THE GROUND PANTS ON THE GROUND LOOKIN LIKE A FOO WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND."

He was red faced and furios, that kid got 3 in school detentions but everyone agrees that it was 100% worth it, even the teachers watching.

Ahh im never gunna forget that day.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
CuddlyCombine said:
Also, I corrected someone who thought that 'octopi' was the correct plural form of octopus once (the correct one is octopuses, or, more pedantically, octopodes). That argument lasted a good ten minutes.
Incorrect!
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/octopuses

Also, your friend was probably trying to be funny (and failing). Way to be a know-it-all. You be smart, but you don't need to shove it down everyones throat.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
OH I got one!!!! My dad INSISTS that me and him have seen No Vacancy (or whatever that movie is called with luke Wilson) when I KNOW I have NEVER seen it before by the way is it any good?

shwnbob

May 16, 2009
In Government class I once asked my friend really loudly "France is a country?".... I wasn't kidding....

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:
The only thing I can remember wasn't really an argument, but a nice group break-into-song. I started it out: "Butterfly in the sky!", a friend joined in, "I can fly twice as high!", then more people joined in for, "It's in a book, just take a look!" and then we had a group covering half the damned hallway singing "READING RAINBOW!"
I had one of those during my lunch time at school. One kid across the room yells "PANTS ON THE GROUND PANTS ON THE GROUND" then I yell "LOOKIN LIKE A FOO WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND"
then two other kids join in and in unison all 4 of us say "WITH THE GOLD IN YA MOUTH, HAT TURNED SIDEWAY PANT HIT THE GROUND" then about half the lunchroom started singing the rest of the song untill the princible came in and ended us.

And it doesnt end there. He had a big speach to us about how that song was an abomintaion to human existance. and just as he turns to walk out someone pantsed him, then the whole lunch room goes "PANTS ON THE GROUND PANTS ON THE GROUND LOOKIN LIKE A FOO WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND."

He was red faced and furios, that kid got 3 in school detentions but everyone agrees that it was 100% worth it, even the teachers watching.

Oh god that is amazing; I really wish I could've witnessed something that. I can agree that the song is bad, but that is purely brilliant. If only someone put it on youtube.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
bawkbawkboo1 said:
Right before I was going to get surgery (for something I'd rather not say) I got into an argument with a doctor. While he was saying that the metric system is better for everything, he said something like "kilograms are a much better way to measure weight than pounds and ounces". I said that, technically, grams are a measure of mass and not weight, and that the official way to measure weight in the SI system is newtons. Also I was on drugs at this point.
He was right, you were wrong, the metric system is vastly superior to the imperial (you can't call something standard if only you and two 3rd world nations use it) system is almost every single way. Sorry but anyone who argues that imperial shouldn't be shot like the lame rabid dog it is needs to be punched :p

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Zildjin81 said:
Incorrect!

Also, your friend was probably trying to be funny (and failing). Way to be a know-it-all. You be smart, but you don't need to shove it down everyones throat.
Octopi is incorrect, but it's used incredibly frequently for some reason, so there are dictionaries that acknowledge it (even though it's wrong). For example, it's comparable to people saying that the plural of centipede was centipi.

As for shoving it down his throat, it's more of a friendly competition. We tend to jump at any chance we have to prove each other wrong. I think I'm winning by a very slim margin. This one time was different just because he was convinced that octopi was right.

tkioz said:
He was right, you were wrong, the metric system is vastly superior to the imperial (you can't call something standard if only you and two 3rd world nations use it) system is almost every single way. Sorry but anyone who argues that imperial shouldn't be shot like the lame rabid dog it is needs to be punched :p
You completely misread his post. He was arguing that kilograms are a measure of mass, not weight.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:

Oh god that is amazing; I really wish I could've witnessed something that. I can agree that the song is bad, but that is purely brilliant. If only someone put it on youtube.
How is it bad, its making fun of todays youth who wear their pants halfway down their legs and think their cool with their hats turned sideways and the gold in their mouths. Its not bad in anyway, uses no swears, its funny, and it addresses a concern of todays comunity. Put it that way and its a great song.

However i do have to admit that i wear my hat backwards and my girlfriend wears hers/mine when she steals it sideways.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:

How is it bad, its making fun of todays youth who wear their pants halfway down their legs and think their cool with their hats turned sideways and the gold in their mouths. Its not bad in anyway, uses no swears, its funny, and it addresses a concern of todays comunity. Put it that way and its a great song.

However i do have to admit that i wear my hat backwards and my girlfriend wears hers/mine when she steals it sideways.
It's a matter of musical opinion more than anything. I either listen to Metal or random other music, from japanese sound tracks (Paprika has the best) to Voltaire who has awesome satirical music. A song that's short as 'pants on the ground' simply doesn't appeal to me.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
A Random Reader said:
One, of my friends had an argument with me over...
[HEADING=1]Warning!!![/HEADING] This will make you lose faith in humanity.(if you had it to begin with)
He thinks girls have penises, and yes, I had an argument with him over it. And I know they CAN have them, but they're not biologically a girl anymore, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and he was not a girl, btw
He could have meant the clitoris, which is essentially an unformed penis, and just been articulating himself badly.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
CuddlyCombine said:
Zildjin81 said:
Incorrect!

Octopi is incorrect, but it's used incredibly frequently for some reason, so there are dictionaries that acknowledge it (even though it's wrong). For example, it's comparable to people saying that the plural of centipede was centipi.

As for shoving it down his throat, it's more of a friendly competition. We tend to jump at any chance we have to prove each other wrong. I think I'm winning by a very slim margin. This one time was different just because he was convinced that octopi was right.
Huh, guess the dictionary was wrong... interesting...

Oh, I thought you were serious about the space thing.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
Aby_Z said:

It's a matter of musical opinion more than anything. I either listen to Metal or random other music, from japanese sound tracks (Paprika has the best) to Voltaire who has awesome satirical music. A song that's short as 'pants on the ground' simply doesn't appeal to me.
Ohhhhh.

When you said agreeing with my princible i thought you ment the song was bad as far as the content goes. The fact that you dont like it because its not your style is completely accaptable.