Silliest Arguments you've ever had in public.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
We don't argue about anything, we'll just make a scene out of nothing. She's cool and she gets it right away and we'll just run out screaming at each other. Once we get where nobody can see us we just fall over laughing.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Zildjin81 said:
Huh, guess the dictionary was wrong... interesting...

Oh, I thought you were serious about the space thing.
Well, I'm serious in saying that space isn't cold, but I don't make a habit of ruining people's jokes with facts, haha.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
tkioz said:
bawkbawkboo1 said:
Right before I was going to get surgery (for something I'd rather not say) I got into an argument with a doctor. While he was saying that the metric system is better for everything, he said something like "kilograms are a much better way to measure weight than pounds and ounces". I said that, technically, grams are a measure of mass and not weight, and that the official way to measure weight in the SI system is newtons. Also I was on drugs at this point.
He was right, you were wrong, the metric system is vastly superior to the imperial (you can't call something standard if only you and two 3rd world nations use it) system is almost every single way. Sorry but anyone who argues that imperial shouldn't be shot like the lame rabid dog it is needs to be punched :p
I totally agree with you that the metric system is better, that wasn't what I was arguing about at all. Any decent middle-school science teacher should be able to explain that mass and weight are two fundamentally different things and have different units of measurement.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Any argument involving Star Wars or Star Trek.
or conversly, Star Trek over Star Wars

I've had an argument over robots before. I can't even remember what it was about, though I know that at one moment I was arguing that human beings were not machines, but at that point I was only arguing for the sake of watching my friend get madder and madder (I had to get off the bus just before he exploded, which was a shame because that would have been cool to see)

Now before someone calls me a bad friend this is standard procedure for us, except we usually make sense in our debates. This happened to be a day where on our Friday class our teacher said that we had a "surprise" project that we had to hand on the Monday after the weekend, so we were pretty pissed anyways. It was a good vent.

Lord Christmas

Aug 12, 2009
I once had an argument about the correlation between beards and the awesomeness of philosophers wich degenerated into a debate about plato and his ideas about eugenics which in turn lead me to yell "5 fucking bloodlines doesn't work" the middle of a coffee shop at one in the morning ( there was surprinsingly a lot of people in there). Twas epic.

To my greatest shame, I still lost the debate tough.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
bawkbawkboo1 said:
tkioz said:
bawkbawkboo1 said:
Right before I was going to get surgery (for something I'd rather not say) I got into an argument with a doctor. While he was saying that the metric system is better for everything, he said something like "kilograms are a much better way to measure weight than pounds and ounces". I said that, technically, grams are a measure of mass and not weight, and that the official way to measure weight in the SI system is newtons. Also I was on drugs at this point.
He was right, you were wrong, the metric system is vastly superior to the imperial (you can't call something standard if only you and two 3rd world nations use it) system is almost every single way. Sorry but anyone who argues that imperial shouldn't be shot like the lame rabid dog it is needs to be punched :p
I totally agree with you that the metric system is better, that wasn't what I was arguing about at all. Any decent middle-school science teacher should be able to explain that mass and weight are two fundamentally different things and have different units of measurement.
In common vernacular, the mass of an object is often referred to as its weight. The term weight in strict scientific contexts refers to the gravitational force of an object. The same issue could be seen in the usage of pound as well.

When someone says weight, unless they are involved in a scientific discussions you can assume they mean mass.

And okay now I'm see why you say it was a silly argument :p

sparkyk24

Jan 3, 2010
I have a friend that isn't very confrontational, and we almost never fight.

One time we got into a shouting match about whether or not Neo could have been killed via the Matrix after watching the Matrix Reloaded.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
mrques.jorge said:
MrBacon said:
Furburt said:
Yesterday with my friends Dan and Alan.

"LOOK! I'm telling you, a pyramid has 5 faces! 4 around, and one on the bottom!"

"It's not! It's 4 faces! There's three around and one at the bottom"

This wasn't intended satirically, we were actually shouting this yesterday.

Apparently, Pyramids can have 4 or 5 faces.

Which makes it totally pointless!
Wait... Isn't one with 3 sides around and one on the bottom a tetrahedron? and a pyramid HAS to have a square base... Right?

I assume you mean a regular tetrahedron, altought a tetrahedron is just a polyhedron with 4 triangular faces, also, it is a pyramid. Pyramids can have any number of faces as long as they are equal to, or, greater than four. So, the side faces, (let's call the total number of faces n), of a pyramind are always n-1, when n=4 or n>4. Also, the number of edges on the base face is always equal to number of side faces. When n gets big enough, the pyramid will start to resemble a cone, and the base face will start to resemble a circle, although, theoretically you only achieve a real cone as n aproaches plus infinity. So, that being said, the tetrahedron is a pyramid like any other, and, if i'm not tistaken, the simplest one. Hope this clarifies.

As for that thread itself, i'm always arguing about stupid shit with my brother.
MATH OVERLOAD BRAINSPLOSION!

I had one that not involved Star Wars, but Lord of the Rings.

While we were sledding.

with children staring at us after a while.

It started with "Its like that one gay guy who plays Qui-Gon Jinn" "No, you're thinking of Gandalf" "You mean Count Dooku?"

It was me, my best friend (Another escapist), and his two little brothers.

I curse a lot.

I try not to in public.

A fair share of parents yelled at me.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
me & my friends Jamie & Gill started arguing about why the supply of chicken would fall while we were on a train. (We were talking about economics because of exams coming up and stuff)

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Apocalypse Tank said:
Furburt I thought you or your friend took basic geometry.
Were you guys referring to the shape or the world wonder?

Me and my friends were arguing about 09's game of the year the entire way home...
It was quite interesting and shocking.
I can't believe you still remember this. I thought all of the search and destroy therapy took care of our relationship...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
A Random Reader said:
One, of my friends had an argument with me over...
[HEADING=1]Warning!!![/HEADING] This will make you lose faith in humanity.(if you had it to begin with)
He thinks girls have penises, and yes, I had an argument with him over it. And I know they CAN have them, but they're not biologically a girl anymore, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and he was not a girl, btw
Please, for the love of Liam Nesson, did you punch the twat in the throat?
F-I-D-O said:
Here is one that I'm constantly dragged into because I enjoy sci-fi

No, Alien came out BEFORE Alien vs Predator
But AvP was first
/insert dates of films' original release date, other assorted time related facts
How do you know that
It's common knowledge
But AvP was first, you just made that up!
Repeat until the other person accepts I am right.

Another one is that a facehugger (still from alien) is NOT A SPACE SPIDER, but essentially a walking embryo, not to mention it does not have the body segments to be a spider Then I'm told a walking embryo would never be in a family movie. This argument is followed by Alien not being a family friendly movie.
Yes, my arguments revolve around being a geek. But they are so much more fun.
AvP was first...? Seriously?
You people arn't doing enough punching to the throats.
I had not one but two silly aguments over something stupid.

1) My sister thought the new Final Fanasty lead, was Yuna from FFX, of course she dosen't known much about FF, so I corrected her by saying "no." She insisted, that this girl was her because she had a gun.

I decided to wop her on the head with a magazine, by the way, Lighting is based on cloud strife from FF7. We also held this fight in a Wallmart...On Feb 14.

2) My friend and I fought over the power levels in Naruto fanon... actully we fought about how to make a proper Original Character without making them into a godmode-sue. I believed it was possible...and he said it was impossible. Then we started going into character development, how to used japanese pronouns, deciding on a orgin (the only thing we agreed on is...that tragic back stories are better) whatever the character was to be evil, good or in between. The we argue about when to deliver angst or not. (I voted for angst, but with a character hiding s/he pain with being a goofball, my friend said that it should never be a driving point)

How did we end the argument?

We didn't, we been aruing about it for a year now...and yes, we got into physical fights over it...

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
Maze1125 said:
A Random Reader said:
One, of my friends had an argument with me over...
[HEADING=1]Warning!!![/HEADING] This will make you lose faith in humanity.(if you had it to begin with)
He thinks girls have penises, and yes, I had an argument with him over it. And I know they CAN have them, but they're not biologically a girl anymore, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and he was not a girl, btw
He could have meant the clitoris, which is essentially an unformed penis, and just been articulating himself badly.
No, the way he described it was... Do I really need to elaborate on this?
[sub]yes, he described it[/sub]

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
i deliver pizza i hear things liek this all the time this one i heard today...damn man her tits were all hanging out and shit, naw man they wernt, naw man you saw it they were, no they wernt this went on for awhile it was going back and forth like this for the whole time i was in the area

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
I was on a bus once and for the stop i got on until the time I got off, two young girl were arguing, and it went something like this.

Is too!
Is not!
Is too!
Is not!

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
I remember 2 rediculous public arguments.
One was with my friend on why the Chocobo Sage (FF7) charged 5000 gil for greens, when he had no need for that much money.
Another was at a game store when some guy mentioned that George Lucas only wrote the first Star Wars movie.

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
Probably every time me and a few friends try to talk about anime, without exception this one guy we know will always uninvited-ly join in the conversation then try to tell us that we suck because we all dislike Death Note and Naruto

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I remember when me and a friend had an argument about who was sexier. I said me, he said him and we argued all the way until we met our friends at the cinema where we asked them. One said me, and her boyfriend didn't say anything so I won :D

Me and my boyfriend argue all the time about pointless things. Rob Byrdon being Welsh, Daft Punk being French, the L'oreal model, what time a TV show is on...

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Modern Warfare 2, and my ability to be a team player.

Granted, I'm not actually one to think of others in the realm of DotA, but it still pisses me off when everyone complains that I don't co operate when they don't either.