SimCity Amusement Park DLC is Out Now

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
I hope nobody buys this... I hope nobody buys anything EA at all until they stop being douchebags, and until SimCity has MUCH bigger cities to play with...

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
So Sim City 5 didn't have amusement parks, even though Sim City 2000, a game from over a decade ago, included as part of the actual package? Not to mention Sim City 3 and 4 both had Amusement parks already available in the game without DLC. The entire direction of the game industry just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
For $10 you could have bought both the Humble Bundle 8 and the Weekly Humble Bundle. This nets you:

-14 quality games
-All the episodes of The Walking Dead, one of 2012's best games.
-The joy of supporting Indie developers
-The pleasure of giving away to charity

Or instead, you could buy yourself 7 virtual models of amusement rides.

Virtual buildings it is!

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
yamy said:
Humble snip
Thanks a million for reminding me! This will keep me occupied till summer sale starts.

OT: Thank you EA for reminding me to play Rollercoaster Tycoon. It's been a while.

EDIT: Turns out the disk has had it :( Off to GOG I go =D

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
MrWunderful said:
As of today, buying sim city was the biggest waste of 50.00 in my gaming career.
Career? I didn't realise hobbies were careers? Does it work like The Sims?
Yeah the worst part is when they delete my toilet! :p

I did do a lot of play testing in the older days, so maybe it was more of a part time career.

maybe I was being to harsh on simcity, I mean it has great intentions but the execution was just too buggy. I might just bust it out to see how it plays NOW (stopped playing it a day or two after release).

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Colt47 said:
So Sim City 5 didn't have amusement parks, even though Sim City 2000, a game from over a decade ago, included as part of the actual package? Not to mention Sim City 3 and 4 both had Amusement parks already available in the game without DLC. The entire direction of the game industry just keeps getting dumber and dumber.
I think you mis-spelled "greedier and greedier".

I loved the original-port of Sim City on the Super Nintendo. I played that for ages and probably still would every now and then if I still had my SNES (along with Secret of Mana, but that's another story).

I played Sim City... 3000? I think it was, but I found it far too complicated with too much micro-management, which I suppose may be considered odd for a Sim Game, but I disliked it because I found it too hard to "pick up 'n' play" without having needed to study the instruction manual for a few hours beforehand.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Legion said:
Far from making me want to play Sim City, it makes me wish for a sequel to Rollercoaster Tycoon. I loved those games.
Atari is selling the rights next month, so it may happen. Atari sure as hell isn't using it.
I did not know that. Makes me quite excited for a new RCT. Hell, I'd even settle for a new THRILLVILLE. Yes, I know, kids game. It's fun, shut up. But yeah, RCT3 is a game I go back to on a regular basis. Yes you read that one right to. The third one. Come at me.

OT: Don't care, good luck EA.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Wasn't one of the problems people had with SimCity that the cramped plots they expected you to build on didn't really give you room to play with a lot of extraneous stuff?

So their answer to DLC is... give people more extraneous stuff?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is not so much DLC as a kind of extravagant self-satire...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ah, no space to build buildings, lets give more waste of space buildings, and make them pay for it. watch out, the patch 5.0 will make sure the game wont run till you buy this DLC (also patch 4.0? seriuosly? The good games rarely ever reach 2.0 did they rebuild whole game 4 times now? no? then whats up with the completely idiotic naming?)

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Olrod said:
I didn't even realise SimCityOnline was still a thing.
Don't worry about it. Crest/Oral-B didn't know The Sims Social was about to not become a thing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123309-SimCitys-Toothpaste-Partnership-Gets-Off-to-a-Sparkling-Start] when they were offering stuff for it as a promo tie-in.

It's hard to keep track.