SIMCITY - Confirmed - Offline, Terraforming, and more with Mods!

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
Forgive me if there is already a thread about this, but I have been reading the SC threads daily for a week prior to launch and then daily post launch. I wanted to spread the word about this as to try to keep EA from "fixing" the work being done to give people the features they wanted.

Basically, a modder found a way to play offline, but further more, was able to edit the city in region view, including adding multiple highways into the town, and allowed building outside of the main "box" that you are forced to use.

Here is a link to the video for proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmce9oIxJag

Also, there seems to be a problem because ONE dev said that modding was alright.

However, another dev heard about all this, and said "I know what I am fixing tomorrow"

Now the reason he said this is because you can totally troll someone elses city this way, so even though 90 percent of the players would totally benefit from being able to terraform, the 10 percent of friendless losers will indeed use it as a tool to ruin the fun of others.

Hope this brightens your day, or at least gives you hope that SimCity might come around.. sometime...

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
Edit - Looks like someone posted a topic on this right when I was typing this up, so feel free to merge these posts if you feel like it forum admin.

EA is actually doing just that on this subject hehe.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
GamerPhate said:
Edit - Looks like someone posted a topic on this right when I was typing this up, so feel free to merge these posts if you feel like it forum admin.

EA is actually doing just that on this subject hehe.
Just send a PM to Marter or another Mod to merge this thread with one of the other 'SimCity is a trainwreck' threads.