SimCity Mac Launch Runs Into Trouble

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
"Right guys, the Mac version seems to be complete, shall we go to testing to make sure it works?"

'Nah, just sell it now and let our terms of service keep us from giving any money back'

*insert maniacal laughter*

This seems to be every meeting EA has lately. With all that went on for the pc version you'd expect them to triple check the game and check it again on a different set of machines too...

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
kiri2tsubasa said:
It is a fucking Mac, what do you expect?

Also to those that say it is unplayable, fucking bullshit since day 5 (I had exams). 143 hours of game play with SimCity. If the game was actually unplayable then I should have barely gotten even a fraction of that.
Clearly you misinterpreted 'many players are not able to play the game' as 'All Mac users have been having some issues'. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that other people can't be suffering issues.

So it works for you? Great. But don't shit on everyone who's been having issues with it because of your personal experiences.

elexis said:
I must congratulate EA, never before has there been such an authentic and accurate port of a AAA game from one platform to another.
But why oh why did it have to be for all the wrong reasons?

OT: I must be one of thousands who saw something like this happening. Seriously, is anyone really surprised by this cock-up?

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
WOW...Just WOW...

Anyone besides me thinking the Sims 4 is kinda rushed out because of the flop that is the Simcity 2013?

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
Maybe this is how EA will stop having to make Simcity titles. If they just keep fumbling launches eventually even the die hards will give up.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Or how about giving people the full game some servers to play on if they so desired, hell maybe ip to ip play, personal lobbies the whole 9 yards.

Shocking want sim city? buy sim city 4. its the last proper one and it dont look too bad even today.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Anyone that bought this crap after the screw up on Pc should have their head checked.The fact that a few players got it to work at all is the suprise here. But i have to give EA some credit it takes some serious moves to run such a big title into the ground after only one try.But hey maybe they can try selling Simcity on Wii U :)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
This is funny and all, but it's also quite a shame. EA did rather a lot in the space of a few weeks to earn them some good karma and try to fix up their reputation; however quickly they resolve these Mac issues and however small the percentage of affected users is, surely for the most part the bad press from this will just override any good they were able to do.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
They almost always say "small number of players" no matter how many or few are having problems. It's par for the course to try and make the issue sound as insignificant as possible, as a matter of PR.

We can add it to the list of things publishers say because they think we'll fall for it, along with such favourites like "broadening the appeal" and "player choice".

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Surprising no one ever...

You have to give it to EA though: No OS inequality from them, it sucks on everything. :D

Captcha: margin of error.
I ain't gonna lie, this made me chuckle.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Ha ha ha, isn't that just terrible for little ol EA? It almost seems like they're pushing things onto customers that they don't want it and making them suffer for it. May they suffer bankrupcy quickly.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
elexis said:
I must congratulate EA, never before has there been such an authentic and accurate port of a AAA game from one platform to another.
Damn, that's one good burn there, thanks for the laugh.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
This is just hilarious... you'd expect them to learn at least a little from such failures.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Well, at least they are used to things not working.
And ea is probably using same crappy system that it use for PC hence the problems.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Say it actually works out in a couple of months... Does anybody know if interaction between Mac users and PC users will be allowed?

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Is it possible that Maxis didn't actually port the game to Mac at all and just repackaged the PC failure? If they have been working on the Mac version for months and can't get that right, then they should probably leave the industry or start work on a spiritual successor to Big Rigs.