Simon Pegg's Paul Trailer Hints at Stellar Comedy

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Simon Pegg's Paul Trailer Hints at Stellar Comedy

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are back, but this time they're taking a road trip across America with an Alien instead of killing zombies.

Fans of <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Shaun-Dead-Blu-ray-Simon-Pegg/dp/B0025VLEM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287427255&sr=8-2>Simon Pegg and <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Fuzz-Ultimate-Blu-ray-Broadbent/dp/B002HR1W1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1287427270&sr=1-1>Nick Frost have been pretty excited about Paul for a while; there's been a lot of buzz about the film ever since it was on display at Comic-Con. Back then, there was some footage for fans to look at, but the rest of us were only able to go on the impressions that others wrote. Now, though, a teaser trailer has been released for the general public to check out, and the upcoming alien/buddy road-trip comedy looks pretty dang funny.

The movie stars Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, with Seth Rogen providing the titular voice of Paul. The Reader's Digest version of the plot is that two buddies go on a road trip across America, only to find an alien who they end up helping escape a sinister government agent played by Jason Bateman.

According to Screen Rant, the trailer gives a basic idea about the movie, but it doesn't actually showcase its (very) raunchy humor: "This teaser doesn't do the film, or the laughs it will offer, any justice and I wish that those who view this had the chance to see the footage from the Paul panel at Comic-Con. Fortunately, we can look forward to the red band trailer and other footage that will showcase the biggest selling point the movie has to offer, the cast of the film."

Paul is due out on March 18, 2011. While Pegg and Frost are involved with this project, director Edgar Wright isn't, which means this isn't the final entry to the <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Ice_Cream_Trilogy>Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy. Instead, that honor goes to a mostly-unrevealed project known as The World's End. At the moment, though, Paul seems like it'll do a decent job of helping ease the wait for the trilogy's conclusion.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5666676/heres-the-first-trailer-for-paul-simon-pegg-and-nick-frosts-alien-comedy>io9

Jul 22, 2009
That is the first time I've seen anything to do with this and it does look great.

I'll be seeing this :D I loved Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz!

And Sigourney Weaver too! Subtle reference to Alien there?

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Sigourney Weaver!

:D

I'd be a fangirl anyhow, but this must makes it unmissable.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
As much as i'm a fan of Pegg, Frost and Rogen's voice, this trailer hasn't sold me on it, not by a long shot.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Pegg and Frost can only be a good thing.
However, I reckon the humour quotient of this film will most depend on how much Seth Rogen decides to talk. By which I mean I hope he mostly keeps his mouth shut.

About the Blood And Ice Cream Trilogy, will it ever be finished? Pegg and Frost have got two more Tintin films to film, plus Simon Pegg's role as Scotty, and with Edgar Wright attached to direct Ant-Man...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Pretty winning cast except for Rogan. Honestly, I don't understand why people think he's so funny. He's just a fat rude idiot. Regardless, I'll probably see this eventually.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Tremp10k said:
Jason Baetman as a sinister government agent... i dont see it
He's meant to be more of a Fox Mulder piss-take.

I'm hoping that this is good. I am glad to see these guys back together, I just hope they don't pander to the wider audience and keep it like spaced etc. They wrote it and Greg Mottola is directing so I am hopeful.

poiumty said:
Uh... how is this related to videogames? Did i misclick the site or something?
Yeah you want a different site. They've ALWAYS done movie news here.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Why does the Alien have an American/Canadian accent? I hope they explain this...

Doesn't look as funny as Burke and Hare, but I'll check it out I daresay

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Standby said:
As much as i'm a fan of Pegg, Frost and Rogen's voice, this trailer hasn't sold me on it, not by a long shot.
Same, baring Rogen. Dunno the guy.

poiumty said:
Pegg and Frost are too awesome for us to not know them. And be interested in their next movie.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
It has Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in it.

I decided to see it before knowing what it even was. Looks great though, can't wait.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
poiumty said:
Dude, you've been visiting the site for more than a year. How could you only just have noticed that we cover things other than videogames?