Simple: what's your favourite live album?

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
The Velvet Underground - Bootleg Series Volume 1: The Quine Tapes

also I'm disappointed that it took a page for Live at Leeds and Absent Lovers to be mentioned

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
RiouChan said:
Green day's Bullet in A Bible.
Ooh, I remember when that came out... I actually got to watch the DVD in a special theatre-esque viewing room. It was amazing.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010

The album contains both days they played live, the video is from the second day. They've won a few awards for "Best Live Band" too.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
Klarinette said:
If you're unfamiliar with the concept of a live album, it's when a band does a concert, records it, and sells it as an album. They usually try to keep things fuck-up-free, and they'll do some things they wouldn't normally do in concert. It's also usually a longer concert than normal where they do a pretty good chunk of their catalog, provided it's not something as massive as the Beatles'.

My favourite would be "Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album" by Reel Big Fish. It's just awesome and it's hilarious. A couple of the songs on it are ones that I prefer to the original album versions, too. Wish I'd been there for it.

The other I could choose would be Metallica's "S&M". It's awesome. That said, it's something that they could never do again because it just wouldn't be the same. Not only that, but the conductor of the San Francisco Symphony died, so... there's that.

P.s. Yeah, I checked for other versions of this... the last was in February of 2010 and there's a rule against digging up old threads, yes?
S & M is my favorite. It is such a powerfull experiance. I miss Michael Kamen, he was a truly brilliant composer.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Either Nine Inch Nails live album (can't remember the name) or Reel Big Fish Our Live Album is Better than Your Live Album

Doctor Gonzo

Jun 22, 2011
"Exit...Stage Left" by Rush still has one of the best recording qualities of any live album I've ever heard; it sounds even cooler on double LP, I might add.