Simpsons Themed Quake III Mod Features Spider-Pig, Homer, and Chopin

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Simpsons Themed Quake III Mod Features Spider-Pig, Homer, and Chopin

A Quake III modder has gone and given us what we never knew we needed: a perfectly detailed rendition of the Simpsons home in which to play Capture the Flag.

Have you ever wanted to see Montgomery Burns blast a hole in Homer Simpson's head with a shotgun in the middle of Moe's Tavern? Have you ever wanted to see it done using a game engine from 1999?

If you answered "yes" to the above questions, than you have YouTube user and Quake III modder breisgaubrasilianer [www.youtube.com/user/breisgaubrasilianer] to thank for his amazing Simpsons themed Quake III Capture the Flag level.

The Simpsons, a long-running cartoon about a dysfunctional family, is no stranger to videogames. In fact, there are enough Simpsons-themed games to warrant an entire Wikipedia page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_video_games] dedicated to listing them all, but the one genre of game that The Simpsons never touched was the first person shooter, perhaps due to society's issues with familicide.

Well, thanks to Quake III and breisgaubrasilianer, that gap has been filled.

Source: Boing Boing [http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/14/simpsons-house-as-a.html]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I could have sworn I've seen that years ago. Are you sure this is news?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
GeorgW said:
I was thinking this.

The date on the Youtube video is 2007. :p

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Might be a bit late to the party, but this is still totally awesome. I like how it keeps the feel of the cartoons despite being in 3D

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
this makes me want to watch the Simpsons... Not just any simpsons though, old simpsons. It's made me nostalgic.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
GeorgW said:
Exactly what I though. That roof top full of tables next the the bowlarama? Rail gun spawns there, awesome high point for using it

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
I remember actually seeing this when I was trying to find so gameplay footage of Virtual Springfield for some research for a project I have long since forgotten about. It is a very cool little mod though, especially in a the attention to detail that just makes it feel like the cartoon. Whoever made it should be proud.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Probably saw that in the days when I was playing Q3, but I get the feeling the graphics have been updated on this map? It looks prettier (color-wise).

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Now I want to start a Simpsons marathon (proud owner of seasons 1-9). I love the detail. It made me remember different episodes as the player walked around the house.

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
reminds me of the creativity that went into the countless counter-strike and half-life stages and my days as a regular to the Sector 7-G half-life server. Haven't seen that many stages like that in TF2. There are probably way more like this in other PC shooter games and despite that, this one is still really well detailed, the little details in this case.