Since when did a knife kill me more than a .50 cal

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Just a thought i had.
Why will a knife do an instant kill when it is a fact that it's possible to survive 30 stabs?
I mean sure balancing is everything but... C'mon! I've been countlessly stabbed in the leg in call of duty 4 only to feel the terrible feeling of hitting the ground like a bad of dead meat.
"who need's a leg when you are a sniper..."
Speaking of, why will a knife kill you more than a .50 cal, i mean a sniper rifle can kill 5 peeps in a row, but they wont to the bloody one hit kill, life is unfair and knife's should be nerfed.

Edit: This sis one of the reasons i loved TF2 so much

LOOY said:
A more important question is: Why can everyone suddenly throw grenades across 3 blocks of houses and why do said grenades create explosions that kill everything in a 10 metre radius?

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
I agree about the damage amount. I've seen what the M2-.50cal can do. But the knife kill is soo devilishly satisfying.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
I guess its the fact that if you get stabbed in the right area, you die.

Also the fact that you have ranged weapons, use them?

Hexadecimal16

Mar 11, 2009
It doesn't make sense to me either, but sneaking up on a blissfully unaware sniper and plunging a knife in his back is too strangely satisfying for me to care.

Jul 9, 2008
DarkRyter said:
Balancing is far more important than realism.
Exactly. If it took more than one stab to kill, there would be no incentive to do it, and short range combat would come down to who has the better gun for close quarters, rather than reflexes/cunning.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
DarkRyter said:
This
Well, if i die because of a one hit kill by a knife i want it to be somewhat realistic, can't the shove a katana through my spine, that would be realistic and somewhat balancing.

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
DarkRyter said:
This
Haha! Everytime I nail someone with the .50 in COD4 without the glorious kill to go along with it, I just have to laugh. I saw a video of a .50 Incendiary round going through 17 of 18 hard drives stacked together, and there's no plausible way for any human to survive a hit anywhere near the center of mass.

EDIT: Video in reference.
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg1MjEsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
orannis62 said:
DarkRyter said:
Exactly. If it took more than one stab to kill, there would be no incentive to do it, and short range combat would come down to who has the better gun for close quarters, rather than reflexes/cunning.
When wa the last time you used Cunning over shooting wildly with a big gun? Please Intelligence and stratagy has no place is multiplayer, unfortunatly, what can be achived by planning can jsut as easyly be achived with a bigger gun. Shame isn't it?

confernal

Feb 5, 2009
Its easier to aim for major organs then to just shoot at somebody and hope to hit somthing they need.

sheomad

Aug 17, 2008
Well paying attention to the animation of the knife is a slit not a stab so oh course its going to be very painful possibly deadly. ._.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
It's called Risk/Reward, if you risk a close quarters attack, you are rewarded with an instant kill. It has more to do with Game Balance and Fun than with realism.

Jul 9, 2008
McCa said:
orannis62 said:
DarkRyter said:
When wa the last time you used Cunning over shooting wildly with a big gun? Please Intelligence and stratagy has no place is multiplayer, unfortunatly, what can be achived by planning can jsut as easyly be achived with a bigger gun. Shame isn't it?
You just need to be a bit creative. It's fun to know an enemy is coming and lie in wait, ready to knife them. Sometimes, it's useful to put 2 obvious claymores, that they'll take out and then, assuming that those were all you had, sprint up to where they think you should be, running straight past your hiding place where you can knife them. It's a fun time if done right.

LOOY

Apr 14, 2008
A more important question is: Why can everyone suddenly throw grenades across 3 blocks of houses and why do said grenades create explosions that kill everything in a 10 metre radius?

HazukiHawkins

Mar 3, 2009
McCa said:
orannis62 said:
DarkRyter said:
I have to say that anyone who gives the little guy with a knife a chance against the big bad camper who knows the level and always has the rocket launcher, is okay by me. Besides, if you're talking realism, if you have a huge long rifle and a guy with a knife is right there near you, he can probably just grab the gun barrel and hold it to one side while he stabs you in the throat or somesuch?

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
LOOY said:
That's going up into the f****** thread

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
You know what would be awesome?

As crappy a game as the current gen Turok was, it had some of the best knife sequences in gaming. If only COD4 had the knife cinematics from Turok. Then I would accept its overpowered attack status.

*Kicks leg and puts knife through skull*

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
HazukiHawkins said:
McCa said:
orannis62 said:
DarkRyter said:
I have to say that anyone who gives the little guy with a knife a chance against the big bad camper who knows the level and always has the rocket launcher, is okay by me. Besides, if you're talking realism, if you have a huge long rifle and a guy with a knife is right there near you, he can probably just grab the gun barrel and hold it to one side while he stabs you in the throat or somesuch?
Na not on about realism as I said "Multiplayer" As for realism in war when are you going to be that close to stab someone. And If you are it would be in the back as you would be some SAS badass with a minigun for an EYE! And a flamer for a PENIS!

(Anyone know who did the ork model with that on from the Ol' DOW Forums or Am I the only one from those parts?)