Single-Player Paxton Fettel Revealed for F.E.A.R. 3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Scrythe said:
Wait... so are you playing as Point Man in F.E.A.R. 3? Or is this another guy named Point Man?
The original Point Man from FEAR.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but...

The JUNGLE?! How do we end up in a jungle, or at the very least a very green forest. Last I checked, we're still in the middle of a bombed out city with crazy demon people, monsters, "clone" troopers, and a few idiots working for ATC who can't tell when it's time to start looking for new employment. Oh, and let's not forget the entire, "Demon child coming to destroy the world" bit. How does a jungle fit in to any of that?
Can't wait to play this game though. I love the insanity that is the storyline.

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
meh . . .

This is one title I'll probably wait a few months on - until the price drops a bit. I see a heavy console influence here, and a major derailment of FEAR's style . . . and without Monolith spearheading the project, I'm a little worried . . .

. . . I don't intend to completelyy give up on it, though - I was worried about FEAR2 due to the heavy cross-platform development; but that title turned out quite well (minus the lack of a few play mechanics) - much better than I expected, really.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
No... just no... either make it a spin-off or ditch the bullshit like co-op and telekinesis.

Unless the game gets amazing reviews, I'm not buying it.

Lordtommy

Apr 26, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but...

The JUNGLE?! How do we end up in a jungle, or at the very least a very green forest. Last I checked, we're still in the middle of a bombed out city with crazy demon people, monsters, "clone" troopers, and a few idiots working for ATC who can't tell when it's time to start looking for new employment. Oh, and let's not forget the entire, "Demon child coming to destroy the world" bit. How does a jungle fit in to any of that?
Can't wait to play this game though. I love the insanity that is the storyline.
Psssh, nuclear fallout ridden demon infested cities are so last fall. It's all about the trendy outdoors man this season.

... I wonder if you can eat people to regain health O.O

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
All the complaining about how this isn't in the spirit of FEAR is missing the core point here... YOU CAN POSSESS PEOPLE AND EXPLODE THEM WITH YOUR MIND. At some point, I'm willing to happily sell the 'fear factor' right down the river in exchange for basically playing Tetsuo with even looser morals.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Ok, this tread is pissing me off a bit. How many times have people complained about the fact that all shooters these days are just bland corridor fests? FEAR 1 was a good game but it was just a generic shooter that took place in nigh identical office corridors. Fear 2 mixed up the environments and did some really amazing things with its visual style and vision filters, but it was still just a shooter. Now they're actually trying to branch out and give us a new take on the tired fps formula and you're all bitching?!

These sorts of comments, and the people who make them, are the reason why the games market if flooded with generic brown shooters. You whine about the need for innovation and difference but the second any franchise tries to actually shake things up you flip your shit and moan how it's "not staying true to the model". If you just want more of the same then go play FEAR again for god sake, but don't start shouting how terrible the game is months before it's release simply because it's different from the games that preceded it. Judge each game on it's own merits.