Singularity, Upcoming FPS

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Singularity is a first person shooter developed by Ravensoft.

For a look here's the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSlZLXKDQA

I've been keeping track of this game because I've always been a fan of time manipulation and Singularity seems to exploit such mechanics to great effect. You can fast forward a persons degeneration Indiana Jones style, rewind broken barrels and crates to create cover, or unlock doors by fast forwarding the door until it's broken.

The game uses the time manipulation for puzzle solving as well. Let's say you're in a room and you can only open the door by finding a code. You see a blackboard in the room, so you rewind the blackboard to a moment when someone wrote the code onto the board.

Singularity sounds like a very interesting FPS and while it doesn't look like a game to set the world on fire I'll still be buying it.

What are you're thoughts on this upcoming game?

DoomDispenser

Mar 4, 2009
Seems like a very interesting game, always liked the whole time control concept. Any idea as to what console it will be going on? (apologies if it's in the trailer, video isn't working for some reason)

Snake422

Feb 12, 2008
DoomDispenser said:
Seems like a very interesting game, always liked the whole time control concept. Any idea as to what console it will be going on? (apologies if it's in the trailer, video isn't working for some reason)
It's coming out for all consoles except for the Wii obviously.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Looks pretty cool, but I never put any stock in a game prior to release. Let's hope the hype machine doesn't chew up ruin another promising title.

DoomDispenser

Mar 4, 2009
Snake422 said:
DoomDispenser said:
Well then obviously I will be looking into it. Hopefully it won't be another Timeshift. *shudder*

Snake422

Feb 12, 2008
DoomDispenser said:
Snake422 said:
DoomDispenser said:
Well then obviously I will be looking into it. Hopefully it won't be another Timeshift. *shudder*
Yeah I heard Timeshift was a terrible game but you no what would be a worse game if they did port Singularity to the Wii assuming it's a good game like Dead rising or Dead space.
Though as I said in my previous post it's obvious it won't...I pray

DoomDispenser

Mar 4, 2009
Snake422 said:
DoomDispenser said:
Snake422 said:
DoomDispenser said:
Yeah I heard Timeshift was a terrible game but you no what would be a worse game if they did port Singularity to the Wii assuming it's a good game like Dead rising or Dead space.
Though as I said in my previous post it's obvious it won't...I pray
The Wii really isn't that bad for shooters. I really enjoyed Metriod and Call of Duty, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming Conduit. People really just underestimate the Wii, though with the sea of crap the console has I can't blame them. It hard to find the golden games for Nintendo nowadays, but believe me, they're in there.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularity_(video_game)

It looks good but the game will have to be lengthy to win any praise from me.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
It depends on how heavily they rely on the game mechanics, meaning that it has to be a good game even if they take out all the "control". This is the problem with many "Inventive" games, they attempt to add the decorations when they dont have the foundations to support them, and they end up just being one big gimmick.
So, in other words if its another Fracture then we may have a problem on our hands.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
First thought: Oh great, another FPS.
Second thought: I do so love time control, but it's usually rather samey.
Third thought: Maybe this won't suck.

If it's coming out for the PC, I may check it out.
What he said except for the PC part, I own an xbox.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Looks interesting. Although, it might end up another Timeshift...Ugh, that's the LAST thing we want.
But is there only one gun in the game? That would get rather monotonous, kind of like the end of Half-Life 2, when you could use nothing but the Gravity Gun...
Either way, I'll most likely check it out. It looks cool.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
It looks pretty good. Shooting communists seems like a refreshing change of pace from shooting Nazis.