Site Redesign and Branding Update

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Hey folks,

Just a quick update to let you know we just released a full redesign of The Escapist website, along with updated branding! The site is pretty much the same layout, but cleaned up, runs faster and is much better looking on mobile now. Further optimizations will be coming, along with our updated video player soon.

We also have further announcements to make on Monday, so keep an eye out on the website then for some cool stuff.

We've also brought back the iconic "E", but modernized the logo in general. You'll see this update in branding across all of our content, including videos, starting on Monday.

Hope you like it!

Attachments

Reactions: Alienware

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I noticed the 'e' right away today, and I approve.

One thing now that the forums are live from the main site. It's not actually the most clear that it's accessible from the top navigation panel. Since you get that dropdown that lists 'discord' alone it makes it seem like that's the only option. Some people may not actually realize that 'forums' itself is a link.

Are you planning on moving away from Disqus in the future for comments, now that the new forums are up and running?

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Are you planning on moving away from Disqus in the future for comments, now that the new forums are up and running?
Something is being worked on, but I can't say much more than that right now.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hmm, something about the E being lower case in size is annoying me. Like it feels like it should be larger, the size of the t at least and have the line going through it more of a wave and going to the T to cross it.

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Hmm, something about the E being lower case in size is annoying me. Like it feels like it should be larger, the size of the t at least and have the line going through it more of a wave and going to the T to cross it.
Some of ya'll are VERY picky lol.