Skipping Class

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
I never skipped class.

I mean what the hell was I going to do while skipping. At least I do something productive in class.
Really? because I sure as hell don't!

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I skip all the time, a lot more than usual this semester because all my classes are really easy. I just got my mid-term report card today and even with all the missed classes my average is a 73. I usually skip when I'm too tired to go to class or something.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Yeah, all the time in 6th Form, although it's less of a big deal there depending on the teacher.

I fucking hated politics and knew I was dropping it at the end of the first year so I stopped going, one time I went to hide out in a computer lab and kill some time... and walked straight past the entire class and teacher who had been in there for about half an hour doing some computer related assignment. Whoops.

There was one free period I had every week when everyone else was in class and it was boring as hell, so I used to go to woodwork with one of my mates and dick about with the tools, sanding bits of wood down to nothing and general dicking about. The teacher was so old and senile he not only didn't work out I wasn't one of his students, but he kept asking how my project was coming along...

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
When I have an easy lecture style class that I don't particularly care about. I show up for the tests and that's it.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I skipped a uni class once because I left my work clothes at home. If I hadn't skipped, I'd have been an hour late to work after class, so I had a good reason.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Public school is useless, skip all you want, just graduate. Nothing you did in high school matters once you leave. Even if your high school record means you don't get accepted to the university you want just go to community college for two years and try again, worst that happens is you save a ton of money.

If I had my life to live over again I would have joined the Army for 4 years after high school, then gone to college on Uncle Sam's dime. Then I would have been the cool guy who could buy beer and had a car and had war stories.

jonathan19

Apr 14, 2009
Well for some occasions it was just shear laziness other times it was because I was too tired from the night before whatever it may be other times it was because I was sick or didn't finish my homework

Citizen.Erased

May 19, 2009
I used to do it all the time, most of my friends had dropped out or were already finished with school so I always had people to hang out with.

High school was a complete waste of time anyway, as long as I went to 1/3 of each class I could finish the year with at least 60%.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
In high school we used to have spare periods before lunch, so sometimes we'd take early lunches. In college, pretty much any class that isn't a test.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
skiped a few times in high skool but now community college its a weekly occurence cause I hate last 2 classes just go home and find something to do

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
JoJo Bizzaro 7 said:
I go to a Baptist school with a required Bible class. I am an Atheist.
Nuff said.
I've learned that studying the bible with an Atheistic view is actually really interesting.

SHWiMM

Sep 30, 2009
Whenever my sisters forget to wake me up in the mornings I just wait for the late bus and willingly skip 1st period (and 2nd if I feel like it) instead of hitchhiking.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Whenever I skip school I end up doing something I wouldn't have done if I went to school. Like catching a steam sale just in time, or buying the last game at a store. Which kinda justifies my activities but I don't skip to try and get a lucky moment like that. Usually because I am tired or there's an assembly thing going on that I don't feel like sitting through.