Skyrim Armor Mods Without Boob Plates

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Since asking on the Nexus website is like a black man politely requesting a lynching, I thought I'd ask here: has anyone come across any Skyrim mods that don't use the damn boob plate? So far, I've found only one, and it hasn't been updated in years.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3296/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3296&pUp=1
The comments section also explains just why I avoid Nexus for recommendations. People cannot seem to comprehend that women having breasts does not mean you need to mould tits into your armor plates.

EDIT: I seem to have found an armor that suits my needs, and possibly yours. You might need a Nexus account to view it, since it is technically NSFW (has a non-nude version however).
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34213/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D34213&pUp=1

If anyone discovers some other mods, feel free to post them.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
I remember a friend of mine said he was making an armor mod, and he said sculpting/skinning female models was especially tedious to say the least and didn't feel like making one without the breast plate. So he said he thought about just completely stopping. No idea what happened after that.

But no I never have actually seen that myself with my own eyeballs.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Yeah, the dark side of ES (or any game that allows and encourages you to self insert really) modding.

Not as bad as the moogle race mod.

And of course all the out of place creepy anime heads.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I agree with you on that one.

I'm not modder, but I'm not sure why it's so hard to simply make a curve over the breast?

However I will take breast plates any day over the sluts, sex, and skimpy outfits mods.

Some real sad shit with those.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Mick P. said:
If you want to be realistic an adventurer would not get very far wearing full plate armor at any rate. You'd need a magic anti-gravity ring or something.
This isn't about realism, it's about practicality. And most sensible people wouldn't go wandering with their full battle dress on for a hiking trip. Even so, Armor and swords being super heavy is a bit of a myth. They need to be used for hours on end in protracted combat engagements, so they need to be a reasonable weight to use effectively for long periods at a time. It's a sad thing when the Soul Calibur series (which is built around scantily clad women) has a better protected character than bloody Skyrim.

Even so, that's not what I'm on about. I'd just like some nice, rounded armor, not breast sockets.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Mick P. said:
If you want to be realistic an adventurer would not get very far wearing full plate armor at any rate. You'd need a magic anti-gravity ring or something.
This isn't about realism, it's about practicality. And most sensible people wouldn't go wandering with their full battle dress on for a hiking trip. Even so, Armor and swords being super heavy is a bit of a myth. They need to be used for hours on end in protracted combat engagements, so they need to be a reasonable weight to use effectively for long periods at a time.

Even so, that's not what I'm on about. I'd just like some nice, rounded armor, not breast sockets.
Just to tease a bit. A small man thinking that any armor they wear would be practical against a monster the size of a t-rex. considering what people wear for bear armor alone. :p

Lets be honest, any monster that size would easily destroy a human, from the force alone, with a single swipe. So screw realism and practicality. :p

Not to mention, using Metal against some creatures that generate electricity. THAT is not practical. :p

Sep 14, 2009
haha wait, you are trying to find *armor* in a SKYRIM MOD that doesn't go skin tight over the boobs?

good luck :)

in all seriousness though, considering HD boob mods are ALWAYS in the top fucking mod downloads, not to mention nude scenes/armors/etc... you are going to be digging to china in the nexus to find mods that fit your needs.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I remember a mod that made females wear male versions of hard armours (steel plate, ebony etc), which sounds closest to what you are looking for. It never really made much sense to me that females would be wearing armour that is specifically forged to curve around their breasts. Only queens or especially wealthy women would have that luxury.

A lot of Elder Scrolls mods are silly or juvenile. You need to look harder if you're trying to get more authentic/realistic ones and that can be a hassle sometimes.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I found this mod, which looks like it might do what I want. It also updates the female models so they look like warriors rather than dainty waifs.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34213/?
Edit, might be NSFW because of 3D boobies. But there's a non nude version, which I appreciate.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I found this mod, which looks like it might do what I want. It also updates the female models so they look like warriors rather than dainty waifs.
Edit, might be NSFW because of 3D boobies. But there's a non nude version, which I appreciate.
Keep getting an error trying to load it (even after removing the ? which I assume was not part of the URL). I'm interested, though, because I'm probably snagging Skyrim for my PC ocne I've got my graphics card upgraded to something that wasn't invented by Ben Franklin.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Nice, if I start playing skyrim again I'll use that. Especially for removing the boob plate for ebony and steel which always looked awful too me.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Can't say I have. I started looking for mods a year before I actually got Skyrim or Oblivion & I still haven't come across male head replacements that makes men look more feminine or mesh replacements that make men look scrawny.

I have a rare fetish for androgyny so you'd say "it's to be expected that you wouldn't find those things" but I did find such mods for Morrowind.

Other mods I found for Morrowind that had no decent Oblivion replicants were the Cait mods, which add a hugemungous array of animals & animal sounds. Sure there's ones that put cats & dogs in towns & farm animals in farms, but the Cait mods had seagulls, crows, little birds, squirrels, all kinds of fish, coral, sand dollars, hermit crabs, seaweed, oysters, fireflies, bees, dragonflies, snakes, ants, etc. What do I have to do to find a mod sound that makes wind in the mountains & waves near the sea?

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Mick P. said:
Armor isn't as heavy as you think. Even full late-medieval plate was actually lighter than what soldiers in WWII carried. Not totally practical for long walks, but not totally impossible.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
I really wish TES Nexus would get an aesthetic folder / category and erotic category and relegate all such mods there. It's frustrating to have to cursor past the 3500 naked elf mods to find whatever I'm looking for.

Lonewolfm16 said:
Mick P. said:
Armor isn't as heavy as you think. Even full late-medieval plate was actually lighter than what soldiers in WWII carried. Not totally practical for long walks, but not totally impossible.
But on the other hand, many civilizations used leather or linen since the rigid metal armour had a bad habit of being easily pierced by crossbow bolts. The flexible linen cuirass was actually more effective at stopping projectiles due to it's ability to spread out the impact over the surface.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Keep getting an error trying to load it (even after removing the ? which I assume was not part of the URL). I'm interested, though, because I'm probably snagging Skyrim for my PC ocne I've got my graphics card upgraded to something that wasn't invented by Ben Franklin.
Do you have an account on the Nexus websites? You need one to view NSFW mods (which this one admittedly does fall under, despite having a non-nude patch)

I'll post a screenshot to give you an idea of what the armor now looks like:
Oh yeah, no nipple cones on the Plate Armor.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I swear a friend of mine made something like this awhile ago but she just responded to me and well...

Friend: Pfft don't be stupid. Why the fuck would I want realism in my fantasy? Last thing I worked on was better curves for the rather blocky butt in Oblivion. Never touched Skyrim.

Kalezian said:
I've been having the same problem, but I actually want boob plates.

on my male orc barbarian.

bonus points for a mod that adds a chainmail bikini for him.
I actually had a mod like that for my mage in Skyrim. He wore something very similar to Princess Leia in Star Wars and there were so many more! It was the best outfit EVER. I swear I got it off Skyrim Nexus also but haven't had it running for a long while.