Skyrim Challenge: Insane Mode

OzzyThunderTeen

Feb 17, 2011
Challenge: Start a new Character and Reach Lvl 50
Rules: No Fast Travel (This is the challenge)
No using Shouts in Battle
No Companion/s or Horse
No using the hired cart to go to strongholds
1 Life
Hardest Difficulty
Why I am doing this... Cause I can, lets see who can make it the farthest without dying

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! (By myself)

Derek_the_Dodo

Sep 28, 2010
You mean you weren't doing this from the very start? I know I was.

Ok with the exception of the 1 life thing but only because I didn't want to repeat content in a game with near limitless content in it. Also the occasional "FUS!" every now and then in battle.

You forgot two other things to add to the list.

No looking at the map
No quest marker

And another that I didn't follow, but considered. No compass at top of screen (stick piece of card to the top of the monitor if you cant bear to put HUD transparency on)

Your hardcore mode is already slightly easier than mine was because you know where all the cool shit is from previous playthroughs. But i guess that can't be helped.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
I don't know why you would want to use the max hardness setting in Skyrim, as anything past normal tends to make things more tedious rather than harder. Running around in whatever lightest armour you find appealing on normal mode so both you and your opponents' attacks are lethal would be more exciting.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Meh. Sounds tedious and boring.

After getting a mage to lvl 43 (started on Adept, but ended up on Master) I just made a new sneak/archer. Only lvl 17 now I think, and sadly I had to turn the difficulty down to Expert, because that Companions quest to find the shard of the axe was almost impossible at one point. Even on Expert it was tough, but doable.

1 life though? No thanks.

I like a challenge, but I don't think these rules qualify as a "challenge" but rather they're just masochistic lol.

I mean, I love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but 1 life... on Master... good luck with that.

Anyway if you make it at all far let me know. I guess if you're careful to level up to mid 20s off wolves you might do ok, but low levels with crap armour and weapons and very few skills makes it just extremely tough to survive against the harder draughers and bandits. Hell, even those bounty hunter 3-somes are extremely challenging.

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
Want a real challenge?

Challenge: Start a new life from nothing and be successful.
Rules: No Fast Travel (Cars, buses, planes, trains, you have to walk everywhere.)
No Shouting, begging or panhandling.
No companions, or car.
No public transportation to get to work.
1 Life
Hardest Difficulty (you start out homeless, with the shirt on your back)

Go.

Yeah, I wouldn't choose to do that in real life either. I sure as hell ain't gonna do it in a game.

OzzyThunderTeen

Feb 17, 2011
Meh, Survived to lvl 8, got killed by the dragon after a 15 minute fight.
Weaponry, Iron sword, hide armour, hide shield, for fun.
DtD: That never occurred to me, but i like my Hud
M: True, since this character i used light armour, i found myself running and healing alot
W: I ended up continueing even after i died, i'm still in master difficulty and god thigs are hard to kill with an iron sword...
HaN: You dp is right... the Green Bastard you are.
SLTQ: Also I play skyrim on Xbox cause my comp is bad quality.