Skyrim: Dawnguard Arrives on Xbox 360 Tomorrow

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Skyrim: Dawnguard Arrives on Xbox 360 Tomorrow

The final hours of the tyranny of the sun are at hand.

The vampires you'll meet in Dawnguard don't look like the usual breed of pale-skinned chump that turns up now and then in various dimly-lit recesses of Skyrim. These guys are big, they're bad, they fly and they've got a seriously nefarious plan in the works to bring permanent night to all of Tamriel! The only thing standing between them and eternal darkness: The Dawnguard!

Aside from a looming Very Big Decision - will you join the Dawnguard or become a Vampire Lord yourself? - we don't actually know where you'll go, what you'll do or who you'll do it to in this thing. But we do know that you'll be able to do it soon - tomorrow, in fact, because that's when the first official add-on for the game arrives on Xbox Live. Skyrim: Dawnguard will be available for 1600 Microsoft points, which translates into about 20 bucks, and will initially be available only in English language territories. French, Italian, German and Spanish versions of the expansion are planned for mid-July.

[video=5784]

As for when the PC and PlayStation 3 versions of Dawnguard will be out, we actually don't know that either. It's kind of a tradition for the 360 to get a 30-day exclusivity window so July 25 wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation, but one guy who may or may not be in the know (okay, it's Mike [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Mike+Kayatta]) said he heard it would be a 60 day period. Maybe. Whatever it turns out to be, when we know, you'll know.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010

I must get Microsoft points... Goddamn it microsoft. 1600 Points again!? AHHHH Fuck off! A $20 card here is only 1400!

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
oh fuck you bethesda.

The 360 is the worst console, why would you ever give them it first?

On second thought, it also attract the most dumbasses who sit around and *****... Smart move Bethesda, Smart move.

This was (not very clearly, apparently) a joke. Please stop quoting me. >.<

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Already had me code when the Mass Effect news broke, now I'm in quandry over which to download first!

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
I could buy it tomorrow...but i've plan on getting skyrim for PC (when i get another one), then buying it and giving my 360 version to my friend so...

Do i just wait upwards of two or more months til i get the funds or cave in and waste 20 bucks to get it tomorrow just to buy it again later... Decisions, decisions, how do i want to screw myself?

Dec 14, 2009
kortin said:
oh fuck you bethesda.

On second thought, it also attract the most dumbasses who sit around and *****... Smart move Bethesda, Smart move.
Just...

No.

OT: I'm interested to see what exactly the factions are gonna be like.

One of my characters is a vampire, but she isn't into enslaving humanity and destroying the sun.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, that's what I get for being among the PC gaming master race.

This DLC (expansion?) certainly looks quite interesting, I can't wait to get my hands on it :D

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
figment of mind said:
I could buy it tomorrow...but i've plan on getting skyrim for PC (when i get another one), then buying it and giving my 360 version to my friend so...

Do i just wait upwards of two or more months til i get the funds or cave in and waste 20 bucks to get it tomorrow just to buy it again later... Decisions, decisions, how do i want to screw myself?
Nah, just be excessive like me and buy it on both.

Captcha: oontz oontz - Oh hell no!

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Just...

No.

One of my characters is a vampire, but she isn't into enslaving humanity and destroying the sun.
PC/PS3 master races. 360 scum!

Dec 14, 2009
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Just...

No.

PC/PS3 master races. 360 scum!
PC master race I can buy, but considering the PS3 is the console that seems to get shafted at every opportunity, I'm in inclined to disagree.

Especially since Skyrim works better on the 360 than the PS3.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
PC master race I can buy, but considering the PS3 is the console that seems to get shafted at every opportunity, I'm in inclined to disagree.

You never hear about how "everyone hates the PSN's community" though, which gives it double points! Plus the fact that Skyrim has worked fine since I got it for me and actually stopped working completely for a friend of mine who owned it on the 360. :eek:

And we all know that we base everything that happens to me as a fact for how life works.

Dec 14, 2009
kortin said:
Daystar Clarion said:

You never hear about how "everyone hates the PSN's community" though, which gives it double points! Plus the fact that Skyrim has worked fine since I got it for me and actually stopped working completely for a friend of mine who owned it on the 360. :eek:

And we all know that we base everything that happens to me as a fact for how life works.
Quality of the community =/= quality of the console.

Anecdotal evidence =/= actual evidence.

If you don't like the 360, that's fine, but don't do this.

Because it's hardly a desirable attitude.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
If its 60 days till it comes out I will seriously lose it.

Fucking Microsoft.
But at least I got mods, the console, the Creation Kit, and the workshop.
Also a month or two of bug fixes, and work done on it too!

HAHAHA!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
Pfft, vampire lords?

I'd much rather be Lord of my Pack, thank you very much.
Well, my three main playthroughs are a good imperial "ranger" type character, an evil, sneaky khajitt, and a mage who is...undecided.

So, I'll make the ranger into a werewolf, and he'll join the dawnguard, the khajitt'll join the vamps, and the mage...will run. Like he usually does, because as much as I love using magic, I kinda suck at it, and some vampires are hard-f***ing core.

Blade_125

Sep 1, 2011
What a good way to alienate a good chunk of your customer base Bethesda. I'm sure that won't negatively affect you in the future.

For me this won't matter in the slightest, as even with close to 200 hours across two characters I still have so much content to cover. There is still one stronghold I haven't even set foot in yet. Content is definetly not something this game lacks, so I don't need to pay top dollar for more content. I'll wait till there is a sale.