Skyrim Dialogue Skipping Glitch

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Hey all, I've been playing Skyrim on my PC for a while now, and I only just came across a glitch where the NPC dialogue and the mouths don't match up. This would only be slightly annoying if that was the only problem, but when the mouths get done speaking one line of text it moves on to the next, even if they weren't done speaking before. A character will abruptly stop speaking mid-sentence and move on to the next. It really messes up the game for me. I've tried starting from an older save file, turning off the subtitles, and downloading a fix on the internet. None of it has worked. Please, if you know how to fix this, let me know. I'm about ready to stab a baby right now. :/

*Edit* I'm playing on the PC, and this happens on every character file.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Cryofthewolf said:
Hey all, I've been playing Skyrim on my PC for a while now, and I only just came across a glitch where the NPC dialogue and the mouths don't match up. This would only be slightly annoying if that was the only problem, but when the mouths get done speaking one line of text it moves on to the next, even if they weren't done speaking before. A character will abruptly stop speaking mid-sentence and move on to the next. It really messes up the game for me. I've tried starting from an older save file, turning off the subtitles, and downloading a fix on the internet. None of it has worked. Please, if you know how to fix this, let me know. I'm about ready to stab a baby right now. :/
Is it every npc that does this or a specific one ? (Esbern@the ratway,i'm looking at you)

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
Is it every npc that does this or a specific one ? (Esbern@the ratway,i'm looking at you)
It's every NPC, not just the Esbern thing. That's all I could find on Google though, was fixes for the Esbern glitch. :/

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Try reinstalling I guess? there isn't much to do other than that or try updating your drivers.

I just recently came across a glitch that really messed up my textures and made all the water look like a never ending abyss. I had to reinstall to get it fixed.

Cryofthewolf said:
Right, sorry. It's on the PC.
Nope sorry my bad. I didn't notice you said PC at the start terribly sorry about that.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Cryofthewolf said:
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
It's every NPC, not just the Esbern thing. That's all I could find on Google though, was fixes for the Esbern glitch. :/
Hmm, that's strange, i guess your voice files got corrupted somehow, you might wanna try the bsa unpacker for voice files anyways since it'll rewrite the old ones but if that dosen't work i guess reinstalling is the only option, keep your saves ;)

Edit: when i say try the bsa unpacker, it's on the main "Voices.BSA" not "Voicesextra.BSA" like Esbern

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
Have you restarted your computer? I've had a few occasions where the game tries to access the hard drive a lot and stutters, restarting the game didn't help, but restarting Windows did.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
Hmm, that's strange, i guess your voice files got corrupted somehow, you might wanna try the bsa unpacker for voice files anyways since it'll rewrite the old ones but if that dosen't work i guess reinstalling is the only option, keep your saves ;)
Alright, I downloaded the BSA unpacker and opened the voices file, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I extract the files to the data folder?

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
isometry said:
Have you restarted your computer? I've had a few occasions where the game tries to access the hard drive a lot and stutters, restarting the game didn't help, but restarting Windows did.
No, I haven't tried that yet. I'll see if that works. :)

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Cryofthewolf said:
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
Mekado said:
Cryofthewolf said:
Alright, I downloaded the BSA unpacker and opened the voices file, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I extract the files to the data folder?
Yes, extract all into data, the subfolders are already there.