Skyrim Early Release

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
I live in the Netherlands and decided to pre-order Skyrim.
Yesterday I found out we have an earlier release then the rest of the world, except Norway, so great!

I ordered the boxed version, since I'm one of those guys that prefers a cd and booklet, just for show. It came in the mail today, so I decided to instantly install it, so the download won't take forever when everyone else gets it.

I fire up steam, use the cd-code and...

Nothing

Steam won't let me install the game because 'this game hasn't been released yet'..

So I ask you, what is the use of sending Skyrim earlier out, when you can't even install it (probably only PC-version). I don't want to spend 2 days looking at the great and awesome map that came with it...

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I've heard it works on consoles (there was a post with some first impressions around here) Kinda wish I had Skyrim right now. I'm really bored and I've nothing better to play. MW3 was a (not unexpected) letdown.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Sober Thal said:
To make sure you don't get it late. I would think that's the point of sending it early.
Case fucking closed. Christ what a dumb question.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I made a thread about it and it was filled with 6 pages of people calling bullshit on me having already played the ps3 version.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
My friend picked up his copy from the store today. I'm not sure if he has the pc or 360 version though. And yes, I also live in the Netherlands.

Luxy27

Nov 10, 2011
Well it's 11/11/11 in New Zealand. But I can't play the game. This is bullshit. Why make us wait because we're ahead of America time wise.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Luxy27 said:
Well it's 11/11/11 in New Zealand. But I can't play the game. This is bullshit. Why make us wait because we're ahead of America time wise.
Fucking grow up, honestly.

If you bought the game on PC, you should at least have a passing understanding of how Steam works, and all you have to is look at the store page to see when it unlocks.

Grow a brain kgo.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
I'm in a similar boat, and yet Steam fan boys will argue it helps us... somehow. All I see is Valve making a metric fuck tonne of money, and my legally purchased copy of Skyrim not working for no reason of any kind.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Luxy27 said:
Same here, but we are actually waiting for the Australian time to lapse because on the Skyrim Steam page it states

Available: 11 November 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour

At least it does for me.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah that literally just happened to me now.. so depressing having to press cancel installation :(
It happened with Dragon Age 2 aswell -.-