Skyrim fans aren't superior to MW3 fans.

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
Meh it's just part of the internet you have to deal with, no one is superior or smarter because of the game they like. I don't think I'm better for liking MW3 and I don't think the people that like Skyrim are inferior, even though in my opinion Skyrim and all of the ES games are steaming piles of shit and the COD really isn't that great either so I'll just go play saints row 3.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
C2Ultima said:
So I was looking at this [http://fandom.memebase.com/2011/11/07/fanart-cosplay-damn-right-you-are/], and I thought it was truly pathetic, for what I think it implies.

To me, It implies that people who like Skyrim are superior to people who like MW3. If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic, and have no business forcing your opinions on other people as if they were objective facts. It doesn't matter whether you like Call of Duty or not, but thinking that not liking it makes you superior is complete idiocy.

Being someone who likes a lot of things, I like both MW3 and Skyrim. They're both great games (don't even start, MW3 is great, and Skyrim goes without saying), especially for their genres, and they're both great fun. But the notion that preference is an indicator of superiority is ridiculous. That's like arguing that people who like ball point pens are superior to people who like mechanical pencils. It makes no sense.

In fact, this doesn't just happen with Skyrim, this happens with a lot of other games as well.

Am I just reading to much into this, and extracting messages that aren't there? This is the only place this happens right?

never mind [http://memebase.com/2011/11/16/internet-memes-and-push-to-skyrim/].
Ummm, aren't you technically saying that you are superior to the people that think they are superior to people who like different things than them ? By saying "If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic." You basically saying , that these people are inferior to you because they don'T think the way you do. Quite hypocritical actually. Who are you to say these guys aren't allowed to claim superiority over something like that ? A very Holy-er than thou attitude really. Since the begining of time, people have been using any reason to claim a superiority over another group of people. It is human nature.Right now you are claiming that people that don't act that way are superior to those who do by saying "thinking that not liking it makes you superior is complete idiocy ".

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
And here I clicked on the first link thinking it was something worthwhile..
Memebase?! You have to be trolling... No-one could be so naive (or stupid) to think that anything relevant or interesting has ever come out of that shithole of a community they have.. It's a made by trolls for trolls..

OT: Superiority is not achieved by liking something, it never is. Stupid people will always be stupid however.
I would argue that Skyrim is the superior game of the two, but that would not in any way make me superior to anyone. It just proves: 1. That I'm not that good at competative shooters. 2. That I prefer RPGs over FPSs. 3. That I am not prepared to pay for another copy of MW, I have two already.

I wish CoD would get some decent campaigns again. 1-3 were really good, and WaW was great fun, since then.. I have found all FPSs lacking.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
Vegosiux said:
Kopikatsu said:
MiracleOfSound said:
I like both games. That must mean I'm superior to myself.
You are superior in one way, and inferior in another. Therefore you cancel out and are just average. But as we know, average and below average do not exist as everyone is expected to be above average. Therefore, you do not exist.

How do you live with such a paradox?
It's easy if you have paradox absorbing crumpling zones installed, but I don't so I'm glad I'm not on the receiving end of that one!
Sweet zombie jesus, this talk of paradoxes has me in a tizzy!

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Anyone who claims to be superior, tries to force their opinions upon others and/or criticizes people for their gaming preferences over something so ridiculously subjective, isn't worth paying attention to anyway.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
C2Ultima said:
So I was looking at this [http://fandom.memebase.com/2011/11/07/fanart-cosplay-damn-right-you-are/], and I thought it was truly pathetic, for what I think it implies.

To me, It implies that people who like Skyrim are superior to people who like MW3. If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic, and have no business forcing your opinions on other people as if they were objective facts. It doesn't matter whether you like Call of Duty or not, but thinking that not liking it makes you superior is complete idiocy.

Being someone who likes a lot of things, I like both MW3 and Skyrim. They're both great games (don't even start, MW3 is great, and Skyrim goes without saying), especially for their genres,
I was with you right up until you said that point. Yes true, no one is better than anyone else 'really' but if you did a study, I'm sure you'd find that more intelligent people play Skyrim than MW3, let?s face it, Skyrim is a different sort of game.

But why I was still with you until just then, was because MW3 is kinda the weird alternative to BF3 - there's no reason to buy it if you... well could buy it and play it, because BF3 exists. A friend of mine works at a game store, and he's had so many people come back with the game and return it saying 'yeah, MW 2.5 is as good as Black Ops / MW2, but it?s really just an expensive map pack.

C2Ultima said:
and they're both great fun. But the notion that preference is an indicator of superiority is ridiculous. That's like arguing that people who like ball point pens are superior to people who like mechanical pencils. It makes no sense.

In fact, this doesn't just happen with Skyrim, this happens with a lot of other games as well.

Am I just reading to much into this, and extracting messages that aren't there? This is the only place this happens right?

Are you reading into to this... well like I said, if a study were done with enough people who mutually only played one or the other (so you couldn't be in it for example, nor could anyone that doesn't play either), I believe the results would indicate that the Skyrim players would have roughly 1 standard deviation of intelligence higher than the MW3 players, for the reasons above (but to summarise) A. BF3 exists, so buying MW3 doesn't make sense and B. Skyrim is a game that requires more intelligence to work out.

But ultimately, if you truly think that because you bought Skyrim you are better than the people that bought MW3, that's a bit off, I don't think that, I mean I don't like MW3, but just because I don't like it and someone else does, doesn't make me better than them.

So you might be reading into it a little bit, but I'm sure the prejudice is still there.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
brainslurper said:
So fans who buy a $60 dollar game with 300 hours of gameplay that has been in development for 5 years aren't superior to fans who buy a $60 game with 4 hours of gameplay that has been in development for 2 years? At the very least, skyrim fans are better at spending money.
i do not claim to understand the CoD/BF fan base, but i do understand this much.

they will be online frgagging each other for that 300 hours, easy. and honestly :p how many CoD/BF players you think actually TOUCH the single player.

its 2 different games aim at 2 different groups of people, one isn't better then the other in any way shape or form, to suggest so is laughable

thunderbug

May 14, 2010
well considering MW3 is just a repackage of MW2 which is a repackage of MW1 and therefore dosnt deserve a fan base, we can assume that most people who call themselves a "fan" of MW3 are idiots, as this is the case any other person would be superior to them, from this we can assume that Skyrim fans fall into the "other person" category, meaning that yes skyrim fans are infact superior to MW3 fans. Hope this cleared things up for everyone.

Grant Hobba

Aug 30, 2010
C2Ultima said:

Being someone who likes a lot of things, I like both MW3 and Skyrim. They're both great games (don't even start, MW3 is great, and Skyrim goes without saying), especially for their genres, and they're both great fun. But the notion that preference is an indicator of superiority is ridiculous. That's like arguing that people who like ball point pens are superior to people who like mechanical pencils. It makes no sense.

I don't want to scare you... but I think i'm in love <3 hahah

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
C2Ultima said:

To me, It implies that people who like Skyrim are superior to people who like MW3. If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic, and have no business forcing your opinions on other people as if they were objective facts. .
but... but your forcing your opinion on me as if it was an objective fact!

i don't have anymore input than that :/.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
cthulhumythos said:
C2Ultima said:

To me, It implies that people who like Skyrim are superior to people who like MW3. If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic, and have no business forcing your opinions on other people as if they were objective facts. .
but... but your forcing your opinion on me as if it was an objective fact!

i don't have anymore input than that :/.
......No. No I'm not. The whole thing is just my opinion.

Dasmaster

Apr 17, 2009
Dude, Skyrim fans are superior to MW3 fans and i can even prove it to you. Here goes:

Because MW3 is a multilayer game it suffers from its fan base. In this case its actually quite notorious for being full of twats and unfortunately most of them have mics.

Skyrim on the other hand is an exclusively single player game thus you will never have to be bothered by the fan base. Which means Skyrims fans are superior just because they dont destroy your gaming experience.

poodlenoodles

Nov 17, 2011
i don't understand why people make such a big deal about who likes what games. i like skyrim more than mw3, but that's just my opinion and i think we should all just understand that just because we like somthing it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Honestly, I've found both fanbases to consist of similar people. The true test of superiority is clearly whether you enjoy (read: bought) Team Fortress 2. [small]I kid. I'm no elitist.[/small]

I do think Skyrim is a far better game than anything Activision has ever published, but that's a matter of personal taste, and people who enjoy MW3 are by no means worse people than me. Well, some of them are. The blowing-up-best-buy and stealing-copies-at-gunpoint guys, for example. But your choice of games is by no means any gauge of your personality or worth as a human being; no shit. I know plenty of people who own every CoD game and are just awesome.

Gustavo S. Buschle

Feb 23, 2011
Well you see, the person who made that most probably dismisses any FPS fan as a screaming 12 year old I guess. If they claim to be better, they are just as bad as those 12 year olds.

akkronym

Dec 4, 2010
OP - missing the point.

Skyrim fans don't feel superior to MW3 fans because of the game; it's because of the community it attracts. MW3 has become so popular that it has drawn in people who are familiar with the rest of gaming culture and certainly aren't playing MW3 for what it does right. I've played COD games and Elder Scrolls games and neither of the new releases really appealed to me too much; Skyrim slightly more than MW3. I know enough about both to know that from a design standpoint, you could do A LOT worse in both genres - except for two things that differentiate them. Bethesda tries harder to deliver an experience that is new and refreshing and Activision keeps bouncing the Call of Duty franchise around like an FPS Madden. The fact that the lack of interest in the story is apparent to the player has to be stifling for the dev team and the tweaks to the multiplayer with the additions of new maps is an appalling excuse for a sequel which brings me to my second point.

The MW3 community sucks. There's no disputing this by saying "I don't hear them that often," or "I can just mute them so it doesn't matter." The MW3 community has perpetuated and created more negative gaming stereotypes, memes, and standards than any other community for any other game. The face of gaming today is a 13 year old talking about sexual deviancy, cursing into his microphone before his mother gets home from work because of that one time he got knifed and his team laughed. The gameplay for COD is so much fun in an arcade sort of way but it ruined by a popularity that draws in the type of crowd that would be excluded from any other real world activity and instead of shunning and shaming these invaders, COD has become over run with them to the point that the best argument about their existence is the fact that you can ignore them. The point is you shouldn't have to. Skyrim players don't have to worry about this because it is a long term single player experience and the forums will, for the most part be filled with helpful and enthusiastic individuals who aren't flaming you about being a noob or ranting about their KDR. It was never about MW3 (most gamers look back very fondly on COD4) - it's about the people we've assimilated into our culture and how they act around us. You wouldn't let people act like that on your basketball team, at your book club, or in a game of dungeons and dragons so why the hell should we put up with them in COD? Because they bought the game too? Bullshit.

TLDR: COD doesn't suck because of how it was made. It sucks because of who it was made for and Skyrim is a refreshing alternative to watching another Call of Duty game sweep GOTY for no reason other than brotastic popularity.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
What is this nonsense? All Skyrim fans do is basically fly around in solid gold jetpacks, saving people from burning hospitals in their spare time. Of course they're superior.

charlest92

Sep 4, 2010
Ummm yup, well, I'm gonna look at this from the perspective of someone who doesn't play either series like its going to give me the best sex of my life.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the latest installment of what I see as a phenominally mediocre series that sells very well, primarily because of its multiplayer oriented content. On the other side of the spectrum is The Elder Scrolls: V Skyrim is again what I see as a horrendously overromanticized game which only contains a stupidly long single player campaign.

As I have played both games and previous titles in both series I can say without a doubt that Skyrim is a better game. This is a conclusion based on the requirements of both games and the playability of both. After the soaring popularity of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare I think that even the most up the ass fanboys can admit that the developers began sacrificing the single-player game for multiplayer and overall technical success for grapical quality, as well as the fact that in the past 3 games there have been only minor additions to the legit gameplay. In addition to that Mw3 will reqire an execellent internet connection for the multiplayer to properly run with a full compliment of players during a heavy useage time. Call of Duty is a good series with near perfect gunplay, excellent simulated explosive effects, is visually stunning, and contains beautiful single-player setpeices.

The Elder Scrolls series has not made any large changes to its gameplay either because with the exception of the combat getting a little repetitive and a lack of player immersion it is technically solid. The freedom of choice and open world are what pulls people into the Elder Scrolls games all three of the games from this series that I have played (Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim) may not have the best graphical quality especially when compared to the CoD games but they make up for it in the humongous ammount of time you can sink into the game without any real regret.

The issue is that these are games from two UNIVERSALLY different genres, and the only real comparison that can be made is the way that each game was intended to be played. Cod:MW3 is a multiplayer game and you will have to shell out extra cash every time the Devs piss out a new map pack. Skyrim and the like have stellar standalone single player campagins packed onto the one disk no internet required no extra content that HAS to be downloaded to keep the game fun.

charlest92

Sep 4, 2010
Comparing the fans is pointless. Simply compare the games, in two catagories continuous play value w/ the internet And Continuous play value without the internet.

Any game that requires the internet to be fun is shit, therefore skyrim is better.

EDIT: SKYRIM w/internet CPV 9.5 (eventually) VS. MW3 W/internet CPV 8.8
Skyrim no internet CPV 8.5 VS. MW3 no intenet CPV 6.4