Skyrim Hearth Fire DLC Leak

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1404578-i-found-out-what-heartfire-is-about/

So apparently derptemp6698, the guy who leaked info about two Mass effect DLCs, and was right on both accounts, has claimed to have gotten information about Skyrim's next DLc HEarthfire.

"Hearthfire?, the next official game-add on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, has arrived. For the first time in the Elder Scrolls universe, purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, trophy room, and more! With Hearthfire, the possibilities of what you can build are endless."

Is it true? maybe
Is it fake? maybe

but if it is real... all I can say is.... BOUT DAMN TIME BETHESDA.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
I remember reading that Bethesda had trademarked the name so its not that far off to believe. I was hoping for something a bit more substantial, hopefully this will just be a small cheap dlc package.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
endtherapture said:
Oh um so I can buy something that I can get in a mod for free? Great.
This.
Now maybe if this was PART of a larger DLC then fine.

But didn't Bethesda say they were aiming for large DLC's with a lot of content? This is a step in the wrong direction.

If this is true I'll be mighty disappoint.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
endtherapture said:
I really hate it wen people try to use the "MODS ARE FREE" excuse.

You can get everything for free via mods. Shivering isles could be done for free via mods.

Does that mean Shivering Isles isn't worth the price? no.

With the mods are free excuse literally nothing Bethesda dos is worth buying... except it is.
Saviordd1 said:
This
Now maybe if this was PART of a larger DLC then fine.

But didn't Bethesda say they were aiming for large DLC's with a lot of content? This is a step in the wrong direction.

If this is true I'll be mighty disappoint.
Bethesda said they would be doing DLC of various sizes and various price points.

Some DLC will be as expensive as dawnguard, some will be less, some could be more.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
endtherapture said:

You can get everything for free via mods. Shivering isles could be done for free via mods.

does that mean Shivering Isles isn't worth the price? no.
Well this just isn't worth it is it? You can build a house. A buggy house probably. I probably do better with mods. Why would I need this DLC?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
endtherapture said:
Well this just isn't worth it is it? You can build a house. A buggy house probably. I probably do better with mods. Why would I need this DLC?
You could do everything better with mods, because modders lack the time or money constraints that Bethesda does.

why bother buying ANY DLC?
shivering Isles? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE
Knights of the Nine? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE
any of the Fallout 3/New vegas DLC? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE

If you bought Shivering Isles for Oblivion I must ask why.

Saying mods could do it for less is like saying god could do it for less, yes its true, but it really isn't an argument.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
endtherapture said:

Does that mean Shivering Isles isn't worth the price? no.

With the mods are free excuse literally nothing Bethesda dos is worth buying... except it is.
Do you just not see the difference between selling what amounts to a glorified house mod which has already been done versus selling a complete set of new lands, quests, enemies and NPCs at a level to which not very many mods actually aspire, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Sounds cool but I wasn't expecting them to release DLC like this. I was under the impression that Bethesda were only planning to do expansion sized DLC for Skyim. And if this is the second and last timed exclusive for XBL then... that's a bit of a disappointment. Oh well, I've always wanted the ability to have more choice over my homes in TES games. I guess it won't be bad as a piece of DLC.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
endtherapture said:
You could do everything better with mods, because modders lack the time or money constraints that Bethesda does.

why bother buying ANY DLC?
shivering Isles? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE
Knights of the Nine? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE
any of the Fallout 3/New vegas DLC? WORTHLESS MODS DO IT FORE FREE

If you bought Shivering Isles for Oblivion I must ask why.
I got the GOTYE editions of those games so yeah I didn't really buy any DLC. And I'm not buying the Skyrim DLC until it's really cheap.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
Part of the reason for this DLC when there is already a mod, would be that there are a lot of people that have Skyrim on console and therefore can't use mods but can buy DLC so this will give them the option of creating their own house if they think its worth the price.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
evilneko said:
Do you just not see the difference between selling what amounts to a glorified house mod which has already been done versus selling a complete set of new lands, quests, enemies and NPCs at a level to which not very many mods actually aspire, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?
Can you point to were it was stated that homes are the only thing this mod provides?

Homes are to Hearthfrie what Vampire Lord form is to Dawnguard, it isn't the only thing.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
evilneko said:
Can you point to were it was stated that homes are the only thing this mod provides?

Homes are to Hearthfrie what Vampire Lord form is to Dawnguard, it isn't the only thing.
Point me to where it says that.

No reason to assume there's any more to it at this time. Two words: Horse Armor.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
evilneko said:

No reason to assume there's any more to it at this time. Two words: Horse Armor.
Lets look at the Dawnguard description shall we?

"Dawnguard? is the first official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - the 2011 Game of the Year. The Vampire Lord Harkon has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable - to end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours."

No mention of all the new shouts, weapons, armor, the useable boats, the Flamer, the Dwemer stuff, the face changing, werewolf perk trees... you know... like 90% of the content. It only mentions the very core details of the DLC.

Also they did horse armor, once... and they have done like 10 DLC since then, and none of them have been like horse armor. If horse armor was something they did more then one time, you would have a point, but they haven't.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Not everybody plays on a PC guys so not everybody could can use mods.

All this "OMG THIS IZ POINTLESS I CAN JUST USE MODZ" talk is silly and childish.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
What is also interesting is that Bethesda added verlet physics support in the game awhile back.

Verlet physics controls stuff like realistic cape/cloth movements, flail weapons, bendable trees, and the fat giant showed in the gamejam video.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
evilneko said:

Lets look at the Dawnguard description shall we?

"Dawnguard? is the first official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - the 2011 Game of the Year. The Vampire Lord Harkon has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable - to end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours."

No mention of all the new shouts, weapons, armor, the useable boats, the Flamer, the Dwemer stuff, the face changing, werewolf perk trees... you know... like 90% of the content. It only mentions the very core details of the DLC.

Also they did horse armor, once... and they have done like 10 DLC since then, and none of them have been like horse armor. If horse armor was something they did more then one time, you would have a point, but they haven't.
Now I know you're just being deliberately obtuse.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
evilneko said:
Now I know you're just being deliberately obtuse.
Or I am just using Bethesda's past DLC descriptions to make a realistic assumption that houses are not the only thing in this DLC.

Using a companies past actions to determine future results? THE HORROR!!!