Skyrim Hearth Fire DLC Leak

SlamDunc

Aug 17, 2012
If this is around 150 MS Points I certainly dont mind. That is what I paid for the Houses in Oblivion.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
The Scotsman72 said:
chiggerwood said:
Knight Templar said:
I doubt all it is is building a house, unless this was one of the small cheap DLC's they said they would make along with the bigger ones.

chiggerwood said:
the prick doesn't even give you a pat on the pack, or even an acknowledgement of what you did,
You made it clear you were not paying even the most basic attention to what was going on, but how can you miss the fact he entrusts you with the use and safekeeping for the weapon of a god?

it's just that I've been with the series since Morrowind, and the games just keep getting more and more simple minded.
Simple games for simple minded people. Gotta keep the majority entertained right?
You can keep the majority entertained, and have a high minded game at the same time just look at... and uh... ummmmm shit. Some days I really hate people.

You know I use to say that I love the Elder Scrolls without having to put an asterisk in front of that statement, save for a few words about bugs, but now half the books are gone, the spell list gets shorter and shorter, as does the weapons and utilities, all of it apparently replaced by more sparkly effects, and grander graphics. The lore might as well not even exist. It feels like they're just making shit up as they go along.

I miss the levitation spell and the blue lantern from Morrowind, I remember I used to make a game of stealing all the lanterns in Morrowind. I miss using a candelabra for light. I miss making my player look like a pirate, and using a cutlass in Oblivion. I miss the old leveling up system where you would have to sleep and then you get a message with your character screen about what your character was thinking as he/she progressed "is this what getting old feels like?" I miss stories that thought past the next mission, and side quest that added to the lore, like getting an Aeylid crown for a collector in oblivion. I love what happens when you give him the wrong one. I miss being able to lose and leave the world to chaos. I miss character classes and specialization. The immediate gameplay's improved sure, and people don't look like automatons, but, I guess what my point is is that Skyrim isn't an Elder Scrolls game. It's not, it just isn't. It's like someone wearing the skin of an old friend and trying to pass themselves off as your friend, They have quest locked dungeons now for fucks sake. Skyrim is as complicated as the "Two Worlds" series now! I use to turn my nose up at people who said they like Two Worlds! And this is the game that won game of the year *slow clap* I hate the game industry.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
FelixG said:
lokicdn said:
A DLC to build my own house. Hmmm, does it also come with horse armour?
Sadly not, but you DO get mudcrab armor

AHH! So *THAT'S* what happened to the Dwemer! =p Damned Deep Elves, you can never trust mer until you've changed them enough to make them Khajiit...

Also, since we're talking house mods, I strongly suspect that the house in Hearthfire (also the name of a month in TES, though usually corrupted/misspelled as Heartfire) will both not be the entire mod and also not be as awesome as http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20751 .

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
chiggerwood said:
I miss stories that thought past the next mission, and side quest that added to the lore, like getting an Aeylid crown for a collector in oblivion. I love what happens when you give him the wrong one.
You mean like
-The entire Dawnguard DLC that expands upon vampires and Falmer
-The lost to the ages quest that expands upon what happened to the Dwemer in skyrim
-The entire Main quest that greatly expanded upon the lore of the Dragons, the akaviri, the draugr, the blades, and the greybeards
-The thieves guild that finally expanded upon their connection the nocturnal
-The college of winterhold that showed part of the god Magnus was left behind, and expanded on the destruction of saarthal
Skyrim has more new lore in it then Oblivion did.

And at least it didn't have the ball bustingly bad retcon of turning the province from a tropical jungle into a classic mid-evil landscape that Oblivion pulled.
chiggerwood said:
I miss being able to lose and leave the world to chaos.
You couldn't lose either Oblivion or Morrowind
chiggerwood said:
I miss character classes and specialization.
Except the character class system prove gave less diversity in your characters then skyrim's does.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Schadrach said:
FelixG said:
lokicdn said:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20751 .
OH SHIT! How could I have missed that mod, it's amazing! Unlike all the other so called large house mods that aren't so much a house as a badly crafted museum this one looks like a true, mystical fortress!

Thank alot for pointing this out for me!

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
I'm confused? Should I buy this or download the mod? You can download mods onto an Xbox can't you?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
This is a little strange. I'm guessing they have more to this DLC or it's really cheap as I have this EXACT mod and it's really well done.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
SacremPyrobolum said:
Schadrach said:
FelixG said:
lokicdn said:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20751 .
OH SHIT! How could I have missed that mod, it's amazing! Unlike all the other so called large house mods that aren't so much a house as a badly crafted museum this one looks like a true, mystical fortress!

Thank alot for pointing this out for me!
It occasionally skirts the edge of the museum bit, particularly the mannequins arranged in the circle facing each other, but that bit is supposed to be a sort of showcase for your shiny, shiny armor.

The rest of it has the clutter and furniture that makes a place look "homey", except for the dungeon level, which has the forge and dungeons and appropriate clutter that is less "homey" and more appropriate for a torture chamber, complete with a lackey necromancer.

The void storage system is unbelievably handy (especially the remote access spell), as is recall, and I've taken to using the imprisonment feature on major hostile NPCs that aren't *required* to be killed (like the Orsimer chieftain in Malacath's artifact quest), just because the idea of jailing them for several days while my necromancer performs alchemical "testing" on them is just too tasty.

I'm wondering if it works with Unlimited Bookcases or not (another awesome mod -- it uses the actual width of books to determine position and capacity on bookcases, and can also support non-book items in the same fashion), but I can't test because Dawnspire supposedly doesn't interact well with Dawnguard followers, and I don't really want to find out, since I've just got to finish the Soul Cairn to be able to ditch Serana.

Archonic Energy

Feb 8, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
evilneko said:
No reason to assume there's any more to it at this time. Two words: Horse Armor.
Also they did horse armor, once... and they have done like 10 DLC since then, and none of them have been like horse armor. If horse armor was something they did more then one time, you would have a point, but they haven't.
Hey... I kinda want Horse armour in Skyrim... it'd be epic!... Dragon bone armour for Shadowmare

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
These people must have ESP. They're able to tell exactly what a dlc will have, based entirely on limited information that someone gave out! Man, I wish I had ESP.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Moonlight Butterfly said:
This is a little strange. I'm guessing they have more to this DLC or it's really cheap as I have this EXACT mod and it's really well done.
Well... data introducted into the game files shorly before Dawnguard came out shows that Bethesda added support for verlet physics, the thing that controls realistic cape movements, allowing trees to bend, and flail weapons.

None of which was used in Dawnguard itself.

It is suspected that Hearthfire will add those along with seasonal foliage.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
So new DLC before Dawnguard is released for PS3?

As Stewie Griffin once said "How about finishing this candy bar before you start on another one?"

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
RaikuFA said:
So new DLC before Dawnguard is released for PS3?

As Stewie Griffin once said "How about finishing this candy bar before you start on another one?"
Considering it took several months after the Dawnguard trademark was posted before the DLC came out, and the Hearthfire trademark was only made like a month ago.... we still got several months.

I'm sure Dawnguard will be out on PS3 by then.

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
For the people who think dawnguard is going to come out for ps3 before this, has clearly forgotten what happened with Fallout 3. This is one of the few times a company like EA is preferable, because they want to nickle and dime all of there customers. I can easily see all of skyrim's dlc being out on 360 long before a single one shows up on ps3, or Dawnguard could be on the psn tomorrow(like how it just randomly popped on PC out of no where)

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
chiggerwood said:
I miss stories that thought past the next mission, and side quest that added to the lore, like getting an Aeylid crown for a collector in oblivion. I love what happens when you give him the wrong one.
You mean like
-The entire Dawnguard DLC that expands upon vampires and Falmer
-The lost to the ages quest that expands upon what happened to the Dwemer in skyrim
-The entire Main quest that greatly expanded upon the lore of the Dragons, the akaviri, the draugr, the blades, and the greybeards
-The thieves guild that finally expanded upon their connection the nocturnal
-The college of winterhold that showed part of the god Magnus was left behind, and expanded on the destruction of saarthal
Skyrim has more new lore in it then Oblivion did.

And at least it didn't have the ball bustingly bad retcon of turning the province from a tropical jungle into a classic mid-evil landscape that Oblivion pulled.
chiggerwood said:
I miss being able to lose and leave the world to chaos.
You couldn't lose either Oblivion or Morrowind
chiggerwood said:
I miss character classes and specialization.
Except the character class system prove gave less diversity in your characters then skyrim's does.
First off if I'm not entirely clear, or there's a bunch of grammatical errors I apologize. I'm quite tired, and this is quite long, so please bear with me.

Let's tackle this in no particular order. First of all I was referring to Morrowind (Leave the world to chaos) when it came to losing, and yes you can lose. you can kill one the main character (I can't remember his name it's been a while since I played it) after you kill him the game ask whether or not you want to leave the world to chaos (paraphrasing) and you can no longer finish the main quest. I know you cannot lose oblivion, but it would be nice if you could.

If you really want to get into the accuracy of lore and retcons you're just going to shoot yourself in the foot several times seeing as it tends to change from game to game. Tell me is Umbra one handed or two? What are the effects of Volendrung? What is Boethiah's prize? How about Azura's star what does that do? How is Daedra worship conducted? then there is Nirnroot that is not supposed to grow back, but nevertheless it does. Oh and let's not forget the function of the sigil stones, or the entire crossbow thing. This list could probably go on for a mile, but let's stop it here.

I enjoy the character classes and, choosing which sign you were born under much more due to the fact it made you think when you made a character and was more interesting than pressing E on a stone and it provided an extra challenge. Also the leveling up was much more realistic. you gained perks as you leveled through the skill and you couldn't lop off a bunch of people's heads and then get better at restoration magic.

Oblivion didn't have a lot of extra lore, but the lore it did have was higher quality. Oblivion Added lore about the Aeylids in which you found out a lot of interesting things about an ancient culture long since dead, and you even get to fight a few of them, it also intelligently expanded upon its theology with the old practices of the eight and one, and juggalag. and gave a good look into the nature of the daedra themselves. The falmer were introduced in Skyrim, not expanded, and the expansion of the vampires is some of the weakest story telling in Elder Scrolls history. The are products of daedra rape done by Molag Bal solely to spite Kynareth (at least I think it was kynareth I could be mixing up divines) who could do nothing about for some reason that is never adequately explained. Also I'm gonna copy and paste myself "The most interesting part of dawnguard is when the Arch-Curate Vyrthur talks about Akatosh abandoning him due to something he can't help, BUT! The ramifications of living in such a fucked up theology are never followed up on, or discussed again. It's just an idea that brought up, but dropped quicker than it was brought up. Then you kill him. The idea of a god abandoning, or not even attempting to help your ass and leaving you at the mercy of an evil deity because of a sickness you don't want and can't help is devastating. How can anyone worship a being like that? The answer: By ignoring the hell out the situation apparently. Who wants philosophical questions and high minded discussion in a video game anyways?"

To quote you "The lost to the ages quest that expands upon what happened to the Dwemer in skyrim" This is true but barely the only new information is that they started fighting over a shiny and that might have something to do with their disappearance. Not much is really expanded upon seeing as all I still know is what I've always known. which is the dwemer disappeared and no one knows why.

The greybeards were only mentioned one other time and that was in Redguard Skyrim didn't really expand on them just reintroduced them, what they did with the thieves guild was fine as is the draugr, However the same cannot be said about the dragons. their Lore is by far the shittiest. "They act the way they do because it's in their nature." that is the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. allow me to quote myself again. "Compare the reasons of the big-bads between Oblivion and Skyrim. Mehrunes Dagon believes Tamriel to be a plane of Oblivion that was stolen from him and he's just trying to take back what he believes to be rightfully his. Alduin is trying to destroy the world, because that's just what he's supposed to do. It's slightly alluded to that he feels that mer are inferior to him because he's the firstborn of Akatosh, but it's never really followed up on. It would be one thing if he was only trying to conquer the world because he's the first born of Akatosh, but he's not. He's trying to destroy the world, because it's just what he's supposed to do." It's piss poor writing. Skyrim may have more lore, but it's lower quality lore. It's the difference between a great single shot of espresso and shitty 16 ounce of burnt coffee. I stand by my statement. the games are getting more and more simple minded, and easy. Skyrim closer to two worlds than an elder scrolls game. I'm not saying that it's not good the freedom to explore is there Albeit slightly restricted and I like many of the things the added, but it's what the continue to take away that I find discouraging. I suspect that I'm not going to like the next one, and it just about kills me to say that.