Skyrim Input Lag Issues

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Hey gang,
So I have been having input lag issues with my Skyrim game for Steam for a while now. I recently reinstalled the game fresh, disabled all of my mods, and it still has about half a second input lag, which makes the game unplayable, especially in combat. The game worked fine with no input lag for a while, and it seems to have just randomly started one day. I assumed it was one of the mods updating that caused it, but apparently that isn't so. If anybody knows how to fix this please help me out. I just bought Dawnguard and I can't wait to try it!!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I didn't have any issues myself besides mouse acceleration, so I'm not sure if any of this will work, but here's what I found.
Step 1:
-update skyrim to version 1.1
(fixes mouse sensitivity issues in the menus)

Step 2:
-if you are not playing on gamepad, go to skyrim "gameplay" options and disable "360"
(removes a lot of input lag)

Step 3:
-go to your video driver control panel and set "frames rendered ahead" to "1"
(removes a lot of input lag)

Step 4:
-go to "Skyrim/skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini" and set "bMouseAcceleration" to "0"
(disables sluggish skyrim mouse acceleration)

Step 5:
-go to "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrim.ini" and add "iPresentInterval=0" to the [display] section
(disables vsync, very important for all following tweaks)

Step 6:
-download "D3D_Antilag_v1.1" (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34#content) and move "D3D9.dll" and "antilag.cfg" into the game folder (where the *.exe files are located)
-open antilag.cfg with notepad and set "frames rendered ahead" to "1"
(This forces frames rendered ahead to 1 and adds a framelimiter, which is required to fix vertical sensitivity issues)

Step 7:
-open antilag.cfg with notepad and change "FPSlimit" to "50"

Step 8:
-go to "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrim.ini" and add:
[Controls]
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0132
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200
(this syncs vertical and horizontal sensitivity for the FPS limit we have just set)

Step 9:
-change your skyrim video settings so that performance never drops below 40 fps
(vertical sensitivity depends on it!)

Step 10:
-mouse sensitivity fine tuning: open "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini" and set "fMouseHeadingSensitivity" to your desired value
(dont touch the sensitivity slider in the game options after doing this!)

But you know, a quick Google search could have told you all of this just as well.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Thank you Llil. I tried that and still, no dice. :/

TheYellowCellPhone, thank you as well, but that didn't work either. Hopefully something works soon. :/