Skyrim: Is this an easter egg?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
Istvan said:
Cyrus perhaps?

I want at least 50 people correcting me on how it can't be Cyrus and how I fail at life for not knowing Elder Scrolls lore. :D
glarglarglar not Cyrus flehflehfleh u no nothing! myarmyarmyar learn your lore quaghquaghquagh.

OT: i heard there was a Knights of the Nine flag, skelton and book... check for a KotN book.
I found that. It's pretty far north. Near Dawnstar I think.
On a glacier rather than rock.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
There's another skeleton in the North-eastern corner of the map past the mage college, that skeleton however has a crate of gold ingots next to him. There's a shipwreck near him too, my guess is he tried to escape with the gold ingots but died to the cold.

I recall some other skeletons located in other places too, I doubt all of them are some kind of in-joke, probably just placed their for immersion/decoration.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Well at first I thought it was a Mario reference, but I quickly dismissed that idea, now if you had found a red hat and a set of blacksmiths cloths that would be a different story.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Maybe the mudcrab merchant's descendant knows where Creeper and Umbra are hiding.
As amusing as that may be, Umbra is LONG dead.
Umbra is simply the identity someone assumes when they possess the sword Umbra. Now if Clavicus Vile would stop being such a selfish **** and throw it at another Orc... >:O

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Maybe the mudcrab merchant's descendant knows where Creeper and Umbra are hiding.
Umbra is simply the identity someone assumes when they possess the sword Umbra. Now if Clavicus Vile would stop being such a selfish **** and throw it at another Orc... >:O
Oh believe me, I'm well aware. But one of the Elder Scrolls novels tells that sometime between Oblivion and Skyrim, Umbra lost it's hunger and became a GIANT FLOATING CASTLE that almost destroyed Tamriel before it was killed for good.

The book was called The Infernal City. It's a good read if you already have intimate knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Oh believe me, I'm well aware. But one of the Elder Scrolls novels tells that sometime between Oblivion and Skyrim, Umbra lost it's hunger and became a GIANT FLOATING CASTLE that almost destroyed Tamriel before it was killed for good.

The book was called The Infernal City. It's a good read if you already have intimate knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore.

I've heard a bit about it... though I didn't realize the city was supposed to be Umbra of all things! o_O

Weird shit!

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

I've heard a bit about it... though I didn't realize the city was supposed to be Umbra of all things! o_O

Weird shit!
That's why there ISN'T an Umbra in Skyrim. Umbra died FOR GOOD four decades after Oblivion.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
How can you all be so blind!?! Clearly it is a statement about the slaughtering of innocent crabs, who cannot fight for themselves!... and that 9/11 was an inside job!!!

All joking aside, if it is a reference, it is a really obscure one, personally think it was just thrown in as a landmark.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!
That's why there ISN'T an Umbra in Skyrim. Umbra died FOR GOOD four decades after Oblivion.
Poor Umbra :<

Well, that still doesn't explain why they left Goldbrand's fate a mystery. DLC?

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!

It's unconfirmed, but apparently Emperor Titus II wielded Goldbrand during the re-taking of the Imperial City, near the end of the Great War.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Thanatus1992 said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!

It's unconfirmed, but apparently Emperor Titus II wielded Goldbrand during the re-taking of the Imperial City, near the end of the Great War.
I think they mention it in one of the in-game books. Though, that was a bit ago and I am pretty sure he was a few emperors ago. So where did it go? :O

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I found this and thought the same thing is it an easter egg I dont recognise ... hmm dunno capture the flag?

Inithra

Jun 15, 2011
Damn, I know nothing about the lore. To me, the books in this game are either skill ups, new spells, alchemy instructions, or dross to be discarded. Honestly, if the book doesn't have a value of 50 or more, it doesn't even get opened.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!

I wouldn't really say "poor Umbra" since it was flying around creating Undead, killing people, and generally destroying the world

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Fappy said:
I think they mention it in one of the in-game books. Though, that was a bit ago and I am pretty sure he was a few emperors ago. So where did it go? :O
Tamriel is a big continent and the artifacts have a habit of returning to their Daedra owners and then resurfacing in different places. A Redguard in Hammerfell might be using it to fight the Aldmeri Dominion or it might be sitting in a sorceror's lair in Black Marsh for all we know.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Fappy said:
Thanatus1992 said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!

Actually, he is still the current emperor. The Great War was only 30 years ago.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I found an easter egg too. Maiq the Liar is still alive 200 years after the events in Oblivion.

OT: I don't know if it is or not. Maybe it's part of a mini quest?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:
Thanatus1992 said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Fappy said:

Weird shit!

Actually, he is still the current emperor. The Great War was only 30 years ago.
Well then I stand corrected. However... Massive Skyrim Spoiler to Follow:
How come he didn't have it when I put a dagger in his chest? :(