Skyrim just got released 10 hours early in Australia

LogicArmour

Jun 14, 2011
I think Joyce Mayne started selling them early. It's fucking excellent. All friends are losing their shit over it. I'm probably not gonna see most of them until next week :p

Apr 5, 2008
Dammit lucky Aussie gits! You get it early, and you get the time zone difference!!!
I still have 24 hours to wait :'''''-(

How is it? Stop playing it for 5 minutes and share damn you, you owe us that much!!! How does it look? How much fun are you having? What is your avatar wearing? Do you like scary movies?

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
I still have to wait 2 more damn hours cos it's not unlocked on steam for aussies :S

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
purpleflamingo said:
Half hour ago i got a text from EB games saying come and pick up your order.

Apparently someone else started selling first...

Any details, escapisters?
They're fucked.

GAME got sent emails saying that even if other places broke street date that they'd be getting fined $10,000 per copy sold.

So, yeah.

Miles000 said:
Apparently GAME posted them out early.

Word got around, everyone else started selling it...

Steam won't let me install it yet :(
:O lol. That's hilarious, considering that they were given very strict orders.

EDIT: Accoring to my brother it got broken on Tuesday by Coles Myer chains. (Includes Big W).

Permission was given to sell early at 12 noon EST in Aus.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Yeah, as soon as I got word from the escapist, I called up my games retailer in Melbourne and ROCKETED over to their store to pick up my copy.

I've been playing since 5pm, my first impressions? GARFLBPRHBARLGBARGH!!!!!!

epuchphail

May 27, 2010
called into EB this arvo and saw the "OUT NOW" sticker slapped on the Skyrim Poster. Although i have no intention of playing the game, i still though it was quite hilarious seeing the 'out now' sticker right next to the release date... right next to what the actual date was...

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
purpleflamingo said:
Half hour ago i got a text from EB games saying come and pick up your order.

Apparently someone else started selling first...

Any details, escapisters?
Story goes that Harvey Norman broke release....

Apr 5, 2008
captaincabbage said:
my first impressions? GARFLBPRHBARLGBARGH!!!!!!
Look dude, you can't just tease the rest of us like that. That's good but not enough info, MORE! What was your 2nd impression? The 3rd? What weapon are you using? TELL US!

Dystopia

Jul 26, 2009
I got an email from Game (I'm in the UK) saying they had dispatched mine on tuesday evening, so fingers crossed for today...

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
KingsGambit said:
captaincabbage said:
my first impressions? GARFLBPRHBARLGBARGH!!!!!!
Look dude, you can't just tease the rest of us like that. That's good but not enough info, MORE! What was your 2nd impression? The 3rd? What weapon are you using? TELL US!
Well, I just weoke up now, so I'm about to start playing again (as you would).
From what I can tell, the map is GIGANTIC. Everything is framed perfectly and artisticly from every angle (especially places like Bleak Falls Barrow) and there are SO MUCH COOL ARMOR AND SO MANY AWESOME WEAPONS IT'S INSANE.

Also, I gotta say, movement is just beautiful. I actually spend most of my time in third-person now, except when fighting, just because it looks so wonderful.

Oh, and from what I can tell, the perk trees and levelling system are smooth as sick and really well redesigned. I'm already lvl. 5 and I've just been levelling up in things that I really want to.
Destruction magic is so fucking cool now, it's insane. My basic fire, frost and spark spells are like beam spells, making them really useful for combat and really cool to watch. Also, combat feels so much more heavy and powerful than before, especially with me using a war axe and flame spell combo (not really and Orc combo, but whatever).

And finally, last but not least, what you've all been waiting to hear, there have been just about no bugs in my game at all. The worst I've found is when the game is loading something particularly big, like a big plot, where the game will freeze to load for a few seconds, then resume like nothing happened, which is understandable, because the world is massive.

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
I got a message too it normally means a midnight release or it will be available at 9am or 10 whenever the stores open on Friday

Nelson Cook

Nov 10, 2011
GeneralTwinkle said:
Nelson Cook said:
I also got the TXT, I'm going to go pick mine up before work :D

Unfortunately I'm working till 1am today and most of the day tomorrow :( but that still leaves Saturday :)
Could you please tell me what crappy job makes you work untill 1AM? That sounds terrible.
Hungry Jacks/Burger King... :(

but I've been playing Skyrim, and its a blast :D