Skyrim Level cap

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
I heard that @50 the enemies stop getting progressively harder as you level up. but that the cap is 81. So, starting at 50 you're becoming overpowered compared to the world around you. I'm at 48 right now and as far as I can tell I'm fighting the hardest version of every (Eldest Dragons, Death Lords, etc. ) They may still get more health, magic, etc but I don't think there are any new types left

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I'd wondered what the level cap for skyrim was i'd kind of assumed it was 50 as there's an achievement for getting to lvl 50.

neurohazzard

Nov 24, 2007
4RM3D said:
FYI, you can forge equipment that allows you to cast spells for free (without mana). You might want to take that into consideration.
........what? Are you talking about staffs, or is there an enchantment or set of enchantment that allows you to do this? If so, you have made my mage a very very happy fictional character. =P

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Except in practice it's hard to hit that 81 cap. I found around 40-50 I'd maxed out my desired skills and a few others simply to get the perk points. Also it gets pretty boring when you're at that level.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
neurohazzard said:
4RM3D said:
FYI, you can forge equipment that allows you to cast spells for free (without mana). You might want to take that into consideration.
........what? Are you talking about staffs, or is there an enchantment or set of enchantment that allows you to do this? If so, you have made my mage a very very happy fictional character. =P
With an enchanting at 100, you can apply skill buffs to armor equal a 25% reduction in mana cost for specific magic types (i.e destruction, restoration, etc). Put that bluff on four pieces of armor, and you can cast magic from that school for free.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I've heard the XP curve becomes something closer to a wall once you hit 50.
DA2 had a level cap of 70 or something else silly since you max out at 20-ish, it's similar here only there's no soft cap so it makes more sense.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Eh, I hadn't really bothered learning what the cap was. I just put my points into what I thought I'd need, and seeing as I'm not a Jack-of-all-trades like I normally am, I'm probably going to be struggling to find somewhere to put those 80 points. There's only so much I want to smith, and after that unbreakable pick lockpicking perk, there is no need for any others. Enchanting I'm just rushing to the 2 enchantments, and getting the soul drain ones as it makes things easy on me, 1 handed I've barely progressed beyond the first perk, and the critical strike and dual wield (1 point in each), I've put A point into restoration to reduce the cost of Novice or W/E spells, and Destruction I've just got the first Dual Casting Perk, and the Novice mana use reduction. I'm already finding that I'm looking for what I actually want to put my perks into, and I'm only level 30. Sure, I could go for an uber power build, but a build suited to my playstyle seems like more fun.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
one of my friends is level 81 it blew my mind.
Most likely he used the glitch to duplicate the Oghma Infinitum, which gets you to level 81 in no time at all.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Anteras, Female Argonion, Level 81, All Skills 100.

File Save size = 19 MB

And no I didn't use the glitch to reuse that mega skill book. I didn't know about it till after I did that quest.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
neurohazzard said:
4RM3D said:
As pointed out by EnigmaticSevens you can use 4 enchants to get 1 school of magic without the use of mana. I would like to add that you do need to have a lot of points into enchantment and while you are at it, you should unlock the final enchantment which allows 2 enchants on 1 piece, meaning you can choose 2 schools of magic.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure the cap is 81, i've seen that everywhere. Of course they also decrease the difficulty curve of leveling at level 50. At that point the amount of xp needed to get to the next level remains constant.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Amphoteric said:
I don't really want to put any element of grind in Skyrim. Getting to the seventies seems torturous.
If you alternate between certain standing stone's, thief/warrior/mage, you can level your skill quicker. Then if you are actually trying to get to 81 fairly and plan it out I doubt it's that bad at all, just start training the skill you never use with trainers at an early stage so you don't have to worry about them. I think it's possible just doing regular quest and not having to go dungeon diving every time.

Or, you can use the deadric artifact glitch where you can max out your skills in all unused skills in minutes.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I've been hoarding my perks too, don't know when I'll bust out and spend them yet, probably when I hit 50

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
You can get to level 81. That's when you get everything to 100.

My suggestion? Get a mod that lets you increase the number of perks per level up.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Yeah my character is level 63 now. It's gotten pretty difficult to level up, so basically I just cast Alteration and Illusion spells whenever I'm running around a settlement in an attempt to raise those stats.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Raising Conjuration as now caster was pretty darn easy. With those conjured weapons it leveled up in no time.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
There is a level 50 cap but its on the followers and not the player. theres a mod that removes that cap though I cnt see what good it would do because once you go past it you really dont need a partner since you wont need a mule anymore because the loot just isnt worth the time and effort to collect and sell because theres nothing left that costs mad amounts of gold. plus having a backup for a fight is not needed anymore.