Skyrim LP Help/Advice

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Ok so, I recently decided it would be fun to do an LP of Skyrim so I recorded a video of it and stuck it up on youtube. Thing is I'm pretty new at this whole thing so I wanted to get some people to watch and tell me what they thought and what could be improved.

I'm thinking that here on the escapist forums would be a good place to do that. This thread is here to ask you if you think that's a good idea.
Also I need to know how to embed videos and if theres a moderator around I'd like to know if it's cool with them.

EDIT: thanks for the responses, I have made a different thread with my video in it which you can find here http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.325927-Lets-Play-Skyrim
Check it out if you'd like

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Go for it, as for how to embed videos, click the "Share" button on the Youtube video you want to embed, copy the code AFTER the word youtu.be/. Now, put [_youtube=the code_], leaving out the underline spaces so it all together. Also, just quote this post to see an example of how the code looks in text form.

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Can't get better at something you never try so I don't see a reason not to go through with it. Also mind giving us a link to the video or your youtube name so we can see what you have so far?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I have a few tips from experience.

1. Be engaging. People would rather watch straight gameplay than listen to mumbling.

2. Be original(ish). Give people a reason to watch you instead of others. A good way to do this is to get a bit personal with your commentary, tell some stories and things that give your perspective.

3. Be consistent. People like consistency. People like schedules and reliability.