Skyrim Magic and Loot

Razor Z7

Nov 20, 2011
Yet another Skyrim thread. What amazing loot have you found in Skyrim? What do you think of the magic? The Daedra Artifacts are nice, Especially Dawnbreaker.

Razor Z7

Nov 20, 2011
Wait, There is a black version of Azura's Star? The Wabbajack is extremely fun to use. Has anyone roleplayed as another member of the Daedric Lords?

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I have most of the Daedric Artifacts:
Sanguine Rose
Dawnbreaker (Superior, upgraded with Arcane Blacksmith)
Spellbreaker (Superior)
Mehrunes' Razor
Ebony Mail
Azura's Star
Saviour's Hide
Skeleton Key
Wabbajack
Mace of Molag Bal
Mask of Clavicus Vile
Ring of Namira
And I'm going to do the quests for the others shortly. There's nothing like wearing a Daedric artifact on your head and body and using another two in your hands.
I've also got an Ebony Sword of Leeching which is very useful against bosses, and four Dragon Priest masks (although I sold two of them, so no special reward for me!)

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
Ive got all but one of the Daedric Artifacts. Both the Saviours hide and the Ring of Hircine (gotta love bugs) Im missing two of the Dragon priest masks. I actually dont use any of them though. Because my Smithing/Alchemy and Enchanting are all at 100, so I can make awesome double enchanted weapons/armour. Like bows that steal stamina and paralyze, 200+ Armour with +70 life and stamina. I never liked the loot system in Elder scroll games...
HOWEVER when I didnt have high skills, I loved my "Scaled boots of hauling." +35 carry weight. YEAH. And the Galdur Amulet is pretty good.
Waiting on mods that add all sorts of magic weapons and armour.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Razor Z7 said:
Wait, There is a black version of Azura's Star?
Yes. The Azura's Star quest starts at a shrine near Winterhold (you can get directions by asking for rumors in inns). During the quest you recover the Azura's Star, which has been damaged. You can then choose to take it to the shrine so Azura can fix it (which gives you the restored Azura's Star) or you can take it to another character to fix, which gives you the Black Star - essentially the same as Azura's, only this one can capture Black souls (from people) as well. Black Star is better in every way.

As for cool artifacts, I'm kinda sad that most loot is vastly inferior to custom made stuff. The only item that I haven't enchanted myself on my Mage is my Robe (Archmage's Robe). Everything else is custom made (Yaaaay for 96% reduction in Magicka costs for Conjuration and Destruction spells). On my Assassin, everything was custom made. I really wish there were more unique high-end items that outclassed the custom stuff. Daedric artifacts are especially kinda poop. Except the Star and maybe the Wabbajack...

This is one of the few areas where Oblivion is superior to Skyrim - custom enchanted gear allowed you to pick and choose what effects you wanted, but it was surpassed in power by unique artifacts.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Well to be honest the weapons and armour are sort of pathetic. I was expecting the Mace of Molag Bal to be comparable to a Daedric mace in damage, yet my daedric mace does more than twice its damage

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
I have 5 Daedric artifacts. 3 Dragon Priest masks that are pretty awesome. Nightengale Armor (I AM REVAN)
Chillrend.

-drools on self-

Dec 14, 2009
I'm very much confused over the level scaling of the Nightingale Armour set.

When I first got the armour, my level 36 Wood Elf got the maxed set.

My Khajiit is also level 36 but I keep getting the 2nd tier instead of the 3rd tier set.

Strange...

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
All daedric artificats (including both the ring of hiricine and the saviors hide :p )
All the dragon priest mask.
Just about every collectable unique armor set (like the ancient shrouded or Jesters Outfit)

Egh... I don't have enough of them armor stands. =/

wakenbake

Nov 11, 2009
Volsung is my favourite - big boost to armour, extra 20 points of carrying weight, 20% better prices and WATERBREATHING!! (I'm not an Argonian). There's some sweet lake-loot!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Deadric artifacts I have:
Sanguine Rose
The Black Star (oh so very useful)
Wabbajack
Ebony Blade (my follower gets that)
Ebony Mail
Savior's hide (Legendary) (upgraded it and ran around in that for most of my early game)
Namira's Ring
Skeleton Key (don't have it anymore, but why would I need it when I'm swimming in lockpicks and with 100 Lockpick skill?)
Skull of Corruption
Spellbreaker (Legendary) (the only artifact I still use)
Mace of Molag Bal
Masque of Clavicus Vile
Oghma Infinium (damn that was useful!)
Volendrung
Mehrunes' Razor
Dawnbreaker

And all the Dragonpriest masks, but the only one I ever used was Volsung, for improved carry weight and waterbreathing.

Anything other isn't really worth noting. When you have full Deadric armor and weapons, anything other gets really useless. Still, the Wabbajack is always fun.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
wakenbake said:
Volsung is my favourite - big boost to armour, extra 20 points of carrying weight, 20% better prices and WATERBREATHING!! (I'm not an Argonian). There's some sweet lake-loot!
I love Volsung. The only reason I haven't replaced it with a Daedric helmet is because I don't know how to enchant something with waterbreathing. I mean it, I would forgo the carry space(which I love) and better prices if I could just get waterbreathing.

Most of the loot I get from quests or exploring usually goes either for sale or into my collection. I usually make and enchant all the stuff I actually use because I'm usually able to make most of it before I can find or buy it. Right now all of my stuff except for my hat(as stated earlier) and my arrows, and the only reason I still use ebony arrows is because I have found enough Daedric arrows yet to make my happy. As far as the Deadric artifacts and Dragon priest masks go, I only have two or three of the Daedric items and about half of the masks.

White_Lama said:
Razor Z7 said:
White_Lama said:
All of the Daedric Artifacts and all of the Dragon Priest masks :D
Getting those are easy, Console commands. :)
Yeah, I often use console commands on my Xbox 360 :)
How the hell do you use console commands on a 360?!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Fijiman said:
wakenbake said:
I love Volsung. The only reason I haven't replaced it with a Daedric helmet is because I don't know how to enchant something with waterbreathing. I mean it, I would forgo the carry space(which I love) and better prices if I could just get waterbreathing.

Most of the loot I get from quests or exploring usually goes either for sale or into my collection. I usually make and enchant all the stuff I actually use because I'm usually able to make most of it before I can find or buy it. Right now all of my stuff except for my hat(as stated earlier) and my arrows, and the only reason I still use ebony arrows is because I have found enough Daedric arrows yet to make my happy. As far as the Deadric artifacts and Dragon priest masks go, I only have two or three of the Daedric items and about half of the masks.

White_Lama said:
Razor Z7 said:
White_Lama said:
All of the Daedric Artifacts and all of the Dragon Priest masks :D
Getting those are easy, Console commands. :)
Yeah, I often use console commands on my Xbox 360 :)

How the hell do you use console commands on a 360?!
Just gotta get a random item with water breathing, disenchant it, then enchant your new helmet.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Circlet_of_Waterbreathing#Circlet_of_Waterbreathing

That has the list of items with it (bottom table is water breathing.)

As for me I have fully enchanted/smithed Dragonbone plate armor and dragonbone weapons (PC mod). I have all the daedric artifacts and almost all the masks.

Razor Z7

Nov 20, 2011
michiehoward said:
I have 5 Daedric artifacts. 3 Dragon Priest masks that are pretty awesome. Nightengale Armor (I AM REVAN)
Chillrend.

-drools on self-
Nightingale Armour + Flame Sword I AM SITH!