Skyrim; MW3; Battlefield 3; Saints Row 3; AC Revelations and others... Which will you be getting?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Saints Row The Third and Battlefield 3. I'm a little iffy about Battlefield 3 on the PC, but I'll probably be getting it anyway.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I just bought GOW3 and Dark Souls.

Will be buying Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, MW3, and ME3.

Will probably buy Torchlight 2, GR Future Soldier.

It kind of sucks that we go months on end with no games worth playing, and then suddenly are bombarded with games that could last a year by themselves.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Skyrim.

Couldn't get through Arkham Asylum (for some reason me and third-person games don't get on, although I do think it was very good it wasn't for me) so I don't think I'll be getting Arkham City, and the only multiplayer shooter I routinely play is TF2 so I'm going to avoid Modern Warfare and its ilk.

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and ME3. duh.
1. I dislike the same-y-ness of today's FPS'. MW1 is enough brown for me, thank you very much.
2. yes, i will be getting the collector's editions
3. If guild wars 2 doesnt at least have a beta before next year, imma shank someone in my impatience.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I already got Arkham City and my brother is getting Battlefield 3.
I'm still undecided about Skyrim.
Definitely not getting AC:Revelations... I don't need to play AC2 again.

KennardKId5

May 26, 2011
None, because I'm a person who buys things 2 years out of date because:
A: I'm a PC gamer that doesn't have an excellent setup
B: I don't feel like spending over 20 dollars on a game.

That is not the formula I use for figuring out to buy games, but good guess, captcha.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Battlefield 3 is the only one I've pre-ordered out of the ones you have mentioned. I'll probably buy MW3 at some point, if I have the money. Skyrim will be bought eventually - when it comes down in price. Since there's no multiplayer component, there's no real need to buy it quickly, and I might even wait for a "game of the year" edition to come out before purchasing it. As much as I loved Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I liked them for the setting (post-apocalyptic, how-the-50s-imagined-the-future US) and not so much for the mechanics. Skyrim is a continuation of the fantasy world of the Elder Scrolls, and I don't like Fantasy. There's NOTHING wrong with Fantasy, I want to be very clear on that, but it's just not my cup of tea. Orcs and Elves and Dragons.... sorry, it doesn't do anything for me. I'm sure Skyrim will be a wonderful game, well worth the money if you love Fantasy Western RPGs. To be honest, I'm not that big a fan of Western RPGs, and the word Fantasy just stops me dead cold in my tracks. You can dress up the fantasy in any way shape or form - you can call it dark, gritty, steam-punk..... I'm still not going to like it. As a general rule, any game with Orcs and Elves instantly loses a great deal of interest from me. I don't know why. I just don't like that setting. But I know it will be a good game, so I'll get it eventually. If only so that Bethesda can earn enough money for another Fallout. I would walk over hot coals for another Fallout.

Saints Row 3? Hm. Probably not. I don't like "gangs" or anything gang related. I didn't like GTAIV, and I didn't like Saints Row 2, so I won't like SR3. I know it's supposed to be campy and fun and a satirical take on gang culture... I still don't like it. As a general rule: if the protagonist wears his or her cap backwards, deals in drugs, wears gold chains and thinks flashing money at a camera while prostitutes jiggle their bodies around them and drives a car that bounces up and down on its suspension... I'm not going to like them or the game they are in. I just... I just don't like that stuff. I really, REALLY don't. I have zero tolerance for that lifestyle or those "values" (if drug dealing and shooting each other can be called "values"). Oh I'm sure it'll be a good game. Just like how GTAIV was a good game, but I still wanted to cave in Niko's head with a rusty pipe, and he was the protagonist. Some protagonist 'Ohh, I am morally conflicted! I am so very deep! I am such a sympathetic character" "Hey cousin! Want to deal drugs and shoot some gang members?" "....Okay!"

Assassin's Creed Revelations? It looks interesting, but I haven't played a single Assassin's Creed game to date and it'd be too much effort to get invested into the series now. I'm sure it'll be a good game, but it's gone to far along for me to get into it.

As for some you didn't mention:

I will be getting Uncharted 3. Uncharted doesn't have the best story in the world, but it is cinematic and flashy and I had a lot of fun with the second one.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
I pre ordered skyrim an hour ago! and i might ask for battlefield 3 for christmas. other then that, I don't really have any interest in many other games coming out this year, to many 3's

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Just Skyrim. I'll wait for an Ultimate Edition of BF3 to come out, I'm not that interested in MW3, AC I lost interest in because I'm tired of Ezio. And Saint's Row 3, for some reason I feel as if I shouldn't play it just because I didn't play the other two, I don't know why though.

Oh, already got Dark Souls and RAGE though, so those are my others from this year. Not much i'm looking forward to next year though unfortunately, just Farcry 3. AW and DD I'll wait till they go to a bargain bin price. And, I have no clue when Metal Gear: Rising is coming out so, meh to that game lol. Also, my PC can barely handle Unreal Tournament 3, so I won't be able to get Guild Wars 2 or Tera. :(

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Skyrim and AC Revelations.

Whether I'll actually have the cash to buy them this year is another story.

I really want to get Arkham City, just don't know when that's going to happen either.

Not at all interested in MW3 and BF3, I'm a better person than that now. Only simpletons buy those games anymore. Joking, btw. But really, I just can't even pretend to get excited about yet another contemporary military themed FPS now.

Aug 1, 2010
After the MASSIVE disappointment that was Arkham City, my only real hope for the rest of the year is Skyrim.

pleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuck...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Skyrim and Revelations, without a doubt. I've had my fill of military shooters and honestly BF3 has just totally lost the "battlefield feel". It's pretty much dead to me now; BF3 feels as much a clone of BFBC2 as MW3 is a clone of MW2 and MW2 is a clone of MW. And this is from someone who had until now owned every Call of Duty, from the very first one up until present day. (Excluding expansion packs)

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls and Assassin's Creed fan. (Played through Morrowind and Oblivion with over 300 hours on each, as well as 100%'ing AC2 and BroHo while also having played through AC1) I am however a bit dubious about Revelations. I'm worried it's just another glorified expansion pack. I'm also worried that they'll continue the bullshit tradition of having pointlessly irrelevant plot (irrelevant to the major story arc revolving around the aliens and their artefacts) until the last fifteen minutes, where they'll cram yet more enigmatic cliffhanger and expect the player to be satisfied after a 20 hour epic. That really fucks me off and it's led me to believe that the AC story has got so wacky and out of control that not even Ubisoft knows what direction to take it and how it's going to end, hence stringing us along with these bullshit "psuedo-sequals". It's like AC has been swallowed up by its own ambition.

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
I've got Skyrim, BF3 and SR3 all preordered. I had MW3 preordered as well, but then I realised I wasn't benefitting from preordering it and since I didn't enjoy the last modern warfare, I might as well buy MW3 preowned in a years time.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
None, well, for me at least. Buying Skyrim for a friend. I don't care for generic war shooters much anymore. Out of all of those, Saints Row 3 is the only that I might eventually get, but I haven't played any of the earlier ones yet, so probably not. There aren't really any games coming out until next year that I have any interest in...