Skyrim - My Wife Sleeps in the Basement

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
So I really wasn't all that interested in getting married in Skyrim at first, seemed like a waste of time to me, but before I knew it I had the manor in Solitude and it felt pretty empty, except for an annoying Housecarl, of course. Anyway I went out and bought the amulet required for marriage, found this chick I met during the dark brotherhood questing, Muiri and we got married in the church.

That's when things got lame, I had her move into Solitude, which she did promptly...two days later. Then I went out and found her some tavern clothes, which look pretty sexy, I even put a nice enchantment on them to make sure she'd want to wear them over her crappy dress. NOPE, screw that, apparently she loves that crappy dress, as opposed to an outfit worth over 500 gold! Now I'm a bit upset but at least I'll get that sleep bonus. So it is 11PM and I check upstairs to see if she is asleep, she isn't. I search both floors, where the hell is she? I finally go into the basement and in a cobwebbed filled storage room, there she is, sleeping on a bedroll. Apparently I am so revolting she would rather sleep in the basement of my manor, than in bed with me, a thane of multiple cities, an arch mage, leader of the companions and a man who helped her take care of her ex-boyfriend. She constantly reminds me of that fact by saying "thanks for helping me with that...problem" over and over.

I want a divorce.

EDIT: Also I'm on the 360 so I can't do any of the fancy console commands to actually divorce her or make her act like a real person :/

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
I married her as well, but she sleeps with me, and im a khajiit!

A sexy Khajiit at that, but im still a cat. I also like the money i make from the business, comes in handy, i need it to buy me some skooma.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Instead of thinking she's repulsed by you, think instead that you put that damn wimmens in her place. Now make her make you a sweet roll.

Get some pootie tang on the side.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
The thread title alone made me lose it. Kudos.

(Mostly because my wife might well be sleeping in our basement and I'd never know, because I don't sleep anymore. I only Skyrim and work.)

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
NightmareLuna said:
Disappointed. :( Here I thought I was coming to a thread where a guy locked his wife in the basement so he could get some alone time with Skyrim.
Haha, sorry to disappoint you, I'm not THAT horrible of a person.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Do you have the Housecarl as well? Jordis Shieldmaiden. I found once I got her my wife moved back up to the main bedroom. Still no extra sleep bonus (Aela is a werewolf though).

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
I didn't even really read the opening post. I mean, i will in a sec.... but.

Welp, I am waiting for Raj to get here.

Hehe, I love Raj.

EDIT:

Ok, read.

I agree, the marriage seems a little f***** up in Skyrim, like they didn't care to much. Oh wait, whoops...

So when I walked into Breezehome, I was greeted by my ugly old wife. After I ate dinner, we both hopped into bed and went to sleep, ready to adventure the next day.

So when I woke up early, I rolled over and guess what?

Lydia was sitting in my room. Eating bread. In full armour. With a big sword. (Hey chicka bump bump) "Honour to you my Thane." She said.

And now I am still trying to clean up the blood and whenever my fat Nord wife walks in she always goes, "Oh Reman you stupid Redguard, why did you do that?"

If only the Temple would let me remarry....

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
DC_Josh said:
Murder her. Marry a better wife.

I mean it worked for Henry VIII.
Might take a few tries, though. Around wife number 6, you should have something good.

OT: Yeah, I thought this was going to be about something else. Funny

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Lil_Rimmy said:

Hehe, I love Raj.
I second this SO HARD. I've taken quite the shine to Raj and his stories. :)

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
Lil_Rimmy said:

Hehe, I love Raj.
I second this SO HARD. I've taken quite the shine to Raj and his stories. :)
ALL HAIL RAJ, THE ONLY TRUTH IN THIS WORLD!

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
JesterRaiin said:
...Typical Nords. Drinkers, wife beaters, domestical murderers, rebels... ;)
Don't forget dragon soulrapers.

EDIT:

You know....

I was meant to be doing homework. But I joined a Skyrim thread.

Well, screw that then!

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Lil_Rimmy said:
JesterRaiin said:
...Typical Nords. Drinkers, wife beaters, domestical murderers, rebels... ;)
Don't forget dragon soulrapers.
Judging by my own behavior also shoplifters, kleptomaniacs, womanizers and exhibitionists. :D

Lil_Rimmy said:
You know....
I was meant to be doing homework. But I joined a Skyrim thread.
Well, screw that then!
FOR SKYRIM !

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
ectoplasmicz said:

A sexy Khajiit at that, but im still a cat. I also like the money i make from the business, comes in handy, i need it to buy me some skooma.
So she's a cat person then?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Get your pickpocket to 100, steal her current clothes, then give her the new clothes.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
ectoplasmicz said:

So she's a cat person then?
She hasnt mentioned anything beforehand, but probably.