Skyrim: Now With Real Shouting

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
My biggest question is: Can you just use the voice for the equipment selecting and stuff? but still move around and swing yer sword n stuff with a controller?

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
*watches video*

Hmm. How to really, really suck at Skyrim: use Kinect!

Was this video supposed to put me off using Kinect forever? If so, it succeeded. I've never seen a more useless user interface.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
You always wonder... Why don't big huge corporations realize what their hardware can be used for. You'd think Microsoft and Sony would have been jumping up and down to have their peripherals integrated into the game.

But no. They are staffed with brain dead horses, the only possible use they can think up for their peripherals is... what Nintendo did 2 years ago.

Tha Gamin Industy iz run by zmart peoples.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
God Damn it's fun to play a game by awkwardly leaning side to side and constantly keeping your left hand in front of you...

I see an official Skyrim Kinnect DLC in the future when the Official PC version of the Kinect gets released.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
this video just further confirms the fact that using kinect for movement controls is stupid. However, if i could scream FUSROHDAH at my TV and have my character actually use it that would be awesome, although my neighbors prolly wouldn't appreciate it.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
I already yell the Dragon Shouts on occasion, so I can definitely get behind that. Also, voice commands to open the menus would be nice.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Somehow this looks less immersive than pressing Z to do the same. And makes you look like a complete lunatic in the process.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
How can you make a video like this and NOT use 'Fus Roh Dah'? Come on! This sort of thing is begging for that!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
if only Bethesda had implemented a "fight dragons by screaming expletives at them" feature with Kinect...Skyrim alone would justify purchasing a Kinect

Kelz0r

Oct 28, 2011
That looked a bit difficult, especially with the use of the bow. Still, I'm impressed.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Predicting an upswing of police calls because of that crazy neighbor kid yelling at his TV even more than usual. You read it here first, kids.

[small]I used to repeat tired memes at the end of my posts, but then I took a Shout to the groin.[/small]

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Too much movement when quick action is needed... BUT having keboard and mouse with a mic that makes the game perform shouts when you pronounce them WOULD be awesome.

It'd be better than pausing combat and switching shouts.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
This video would have been much more awesome if he had yelled FUS RO DAH!... and taken an arrow to the knee.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
kinect+excellence=impossible.

to think that some people want to introduce it in a games that dont use it is hurting my head. how can people be THAT stupid?

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
The problem with something like this on Kinect is that Skyrim is not a non-stop action game. There are long periods of walking through forests and caves, honing skills at alchemy tables or forges, and fiddling with your inventory to perfect your character. None of these things translate well to the comparably slow response time of Kinect.
Sure, it'd be cool for battles, fighting dragons, and using FUS RO DAH!!! in your living room. Unfortunately, those aspects make up far too little of actual gameplay time that it would be thoroughly frustrating to have to stand there wobbling back and forth to walk up the 7000 Steps.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
This might get tiring, you know...because I personally play in sittings of at least 3-4 hours ( I'm sure most of you do to ), but this is just fucking awesome. DO YOU HEAR THAT MICROSOFT??? Instead of giving us pieces of shit like Kinect Adventures / Sports / Pets / Buttsex or whatever, maybe do something good? What I'm saying is that even if it's buggy, this is ONE guy. I can't comprehend how entire groups of highly trained people can't touch the Kinect's potential ( and just give us a goddamn controller for moving around, stop sticking to the "no controllers EVAR!!" policy! Maybe this way, games such as Rise of Nightmares or whatever it's called, could turn out for the better)

To those who keep saying that it's till not better than a controller/keyboard, I think you're completely missing the point of this.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Stubee said:
Ive seen that guys videos before. They look completely fake to me and have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.
Agreed. I see no motion commands for several of the things he does in game, like strafe or look up and down. And often times he has his left foot out to balance himself, but the game character never starts walking forward. He's trollin'.

PleasantKenobi

Nov 9, 2010
Stubee said:
Ive seen that guys videos before. They look completely fake to me and have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.
Agreed. Looks totally fake. My sole evidence? When the transition happens roughly half way through to remove some walking gameplay, the image of the 'player' in the top right doesn't shift/transition with it.

Strazdas said:
kinect+excellence=impossible.

to think that some people want to introduce it in a games that dont use it is hurting my head. how can people be THAT stupid?
Can you not see some benefit? The motion controls look dumb, but voice commands to bring out weapons sounds like an idea more games should use. After playing with the Bing Search voice commands in todays dashboard update, I can't help but confess that the voice recognition is really impressive.