Skyrim Oddities

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
I fought a dragon in the middle of the College, and it got destroyed by mages.

I was walking along, and a couple of thugs with guard armor on(and the dead guards surrounding them) wanted me to pay a highway tax. I payed them, because they made me lol.

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
While not odd because it's a technical glitch or anything, I just fought a...

Giant mecha that shot lasers from it's mouth and had shoulder mounted frost cannons or something

The hell, Dwarves?
Remind you of FO3?

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Full size Elk, with what appears to be a broken neck...running through the middle of town.

I laughed for probably a good 30 minutes.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Fighting dragons is challenging and fun but not difficult. The most difficult recurring enemy so far: Dragon Priests. They kill me in 3 hits with their long range staff, and the Astronachs they summon are a pain. Managed to kill 3 so far, and they appear to all have a unique mask with them, one of which allows for water-breathing.

Also found 3 of the Daedric Shrines, killed the cousin of the emperor, and reanimated her afterwards, forcing the guards to fight her possesed body. I feel evil.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:
Best of the 3 said:
You can kill children in this game?
Nope, at least not with a mod, not even the "kill" command from console work on them, fucking brats one day I will get my revenge on them for being rude towards me...

Oh right oddities, uhh...
dark brotherhood showed up during one night at my house and took me out to the marsh, thinking it was one of these mandatory quest I quick saved(so I wouldn't get on bad terms with them) and tried to kill the girl that had just captured me, to my surprise it worked she didn't just get knocked unconscious, stole her equipment and freed the prisoners

Walked into a bar, only to come out 30 seconds later to have a dragon burning half the town to ashes.

Killing of a stray dog only to enter the town a few kilometres away and being asked about a run away dog that was roaming the forrest, whops.

Edit: Just ran across a headless horseman when I was out hiking.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I set a chicken on fire when no one was around and somehow I got a bounty in an entirely different city.

Chickens, man. They fucking network.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
ive seen 2 separate dragons killed by giants. the first time it happened there was also a pack of mammoths with them who immediately turned on me afterward.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I stole some guy's staff and within seconds a band of Bandits with a note came cavorting over the horizon. My wizard buddies and I taught them a swift sharp lesson though.

Also the chicken thing, I didn't even kill it I accidentally torched it a bit and without anyone even seeing there was a blood vendetta. I ended up having to reload a save because I massacred a village and I needed them alive for quest stuff. Fucking loving it, even just wandering around getting lost...

Also those giants are insane.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
One guy interrupted me while I was being pounded to death by a fucking dragon to give me a pair of boots for safekeeping. Because I hadn't worked out how to skip dialogue by then, I was not pleased...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I had a nerdgasm when I was given a spell to summon an old friend from the Dark Brotherhood.
I can summon the ghost of Lucien Lachance.
:D

Machiavellian007

Mar 2, 2010
Doing the quest Innocence Lost, I listen to the woman who runs the orphanage talking, then I stalk her into her room. She sits at the desk, I shoot her with an arrow...

... and then she sinks through the fucking floor.

Only to reappear in the orphan's main bedroom area.

What the fuuuuuuck.

Machiavellian007

Mar 2, 2010
Tharwen said:
One guy interrupted me while I was being pounded to death by a fucking dragon to give me a pair of boots for safekeeping. Because I hadn't worked out how to skip dialogue by then, I was not pleased...
Oh, I was being attacked by a dragon outside of Riften, and the guards were helping me. Then one guard turned to me and said, "You have to pay the entrance tax to get inside Riften."

DUDE, THERE'S A DRAGON RIGHT THERE.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Abedeus said:
Ghostwise said:
someonehairy-ish said:
Radelaide said:
2) Skyrim didn't randomly crash half the fucking time.
Please tell me that's just PC D:
I played 12 hours straight yesterday on the 360 with no issues aside from Giants flinging me into the sky.
That's how they work. They're giants. Uberstrong.
Sounds like a fun way to die. I've gotten close to one giant so far, and he just stomped on me.

Weirdest experience I've had so far: I've started two separate characters and taken them in as wildly different directions as possible - and in both scenarios, one of the very first NPCs I encountered turned out to be that walking easter-egg, M'aiq the Liar. What are the odds?

Oh, and I'm having some trouble hunting down that serial killer in Windhelm. I'm instructed to examine the scene (nothing happens no matter how long I stare at the bloodstain), and to enlist the help of the leader of the guards (who doesn't seem to have the requisite dialogue option). OK, it's still early, there's one patch so far, so there's bound to be a broken quest or seventeen, but I welcome any advice on the matter.

PottymouthGamer

Aug 9, 2011
I got kidnapped by a dark brotherhood chick and she made me kill 1 of three people. Was the coolest thing I have ever done.

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
amaranth_dru said:
Things I have experienced in Skyrim so far:

3. Giants suck. One hit and you get to experience a birds-eye view of Skyrim... well a corpse-birds-eye view...
hahaha that happened to me too, i thought since it didn't attack me on sight i could walk up and talk to him, thats when he clubbed me 1 hundred feet into the air XD

Somatsu

Feb 22, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
Ghostwise said:
Vampire aids.
Lol.
I like that, but I think the 'proper' word for it is 'porphyric haemophilia.' Spelling might not be right.

Hmm. I just had a thought that a 'vampire aids awareness' campaign as part of a viral marketing thing for a vampire game would be cool :D
The vampire sickness seems to have gotten a weird name change since Oblivion. I believe it's supposed to be 'Sanguinare Vampiris'. I like porphyric hemophilia better.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
does anyone else have a stupidly strong sword arm? i swear everytime i kill someone with my sword they get thrown about 10 meters back like i hit them with unrelenting force.

not that i'm complaining. it's ossum.

QPCloudy

Oct 20, 2011
Remember in Fallout 3 when you took the spoon and the entire town went after you like a lynch mob? Well in Riverrun, I killed a chicken, and the entire town was after me. I actually had to reload a previous save.