Skyrim - One Year On

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
[image height=300]http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/7/6/3/9/6/450-p6j8my.jpg[/IMG]​
How have you left the ancient and nobel lands of Skyrim?

In the hands of the Nords or the Empire?

Do vampires stalk at their pleasure or do they fear the swift blade of the Dawnguard?

And so on.

Basically how have you, as the Dragonborn, left the snowiest part of Tamriel after a whole 365 days.

Have you been visiting often because of the lure of DLC or just because of how much it still has to offer?
Or does it even offer anything to you now with that 100% achieved?

My own Skyrim has a mild vampire problem, dragons on the decline but an open civil war still on the horizon and no high king or queen chosen.
Although I should visit more often to deal with the little things.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I left my Skyrim severely lacking in uniqueness, character, role-playing, enemy types, decent magic system and happiness.

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
Let us see.
On my main character, which I have played for practically the year I have done as follows:

-Joined the Empire and helped take down the Stormcloaks.
-Joined the Dark Brotherhood and assassinated the Emperor I swore to serve
-Rose to the top in the Thieves Guild
-Saved Skyrim from the World Eater
-Became one of the Vampire Lords and defeated their leader
-Dilly dallyed being a "servant" for NPCs that needed the tiniest bit of help with their pointless scripted lives.
-Found an increase of dragon problems
-Recovered the Jabbawack and other Daedric Artifacts

That's the major details of my time within Skyrim, I still feel like even though I've clocked 300 hours (Though only 42 on Steam, because I had it on 360 to begin with) there's still so much more for me to do, and I plan to do all that.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I started playing it and initially joined the Dark Brotherhood because that was one of the few things I liked about Oblivion. Then I discovered that one of their members was an annoying little girl and another was Three Dog, left, and never looked back.

Then I went over to the Thieves Guild but got fed up with being given quests in Riften all the time and just stopped playing the game at that point.

The most fun I had was creating an Argonian character named Muldoon the Clever and making him an archer. The first fight with a dragon would've been great if it weren't for the combat system.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I finished the dragon quest once and got as far as completing the battle of Whiterun with the civil war in another character before getting bored and restarting.

My favourite playthrough was roleplaying as Elmer Fudd with a dwarven gun mod, stalking all the word walls whispering to Lydia "Shh, be vewwy qwiet, I'm Hunting dwagons!" Believe it or no that actually didn't get boring until I started to run out of dragons, oh, and of course I had to religiously follow and hunt any rabbit I ever saw, but never actually kill them.

I finally decided to play the game the way it should be played, and am determined to finish both questlines with my Nord warrior, I'm going Imperial in the Civil War because I felt really dickish deposing all the good Jarls and locking them up simply because they supported the Empire, and instating crap Jarls (Silverbloods in Markarth? Not on my watch!)

Also I haven't bought any DLC yet, but Dragonborn looks totally awesome, I might get it once I get a debit card sorted so I can buy stuff online.

Also I've managed to muck up my enchantment skill so levels exponentially and reaches 100 just from unenchanting about 20 weapons. Naturally I abuse this bug every single time.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I've actually gotten back into it. I'm finding that I have to play as an archer to really enjoy the game. My first time playing it I was a Redguard pure archer and enjoyed it. My second time (which I only did the Dark Brotherhood line and then quit) I was a dual-wielding Bosmer and it wasn't so fun. I'm not a fan of the melee combat in the game. Archery feels really good though.

So this current run I've made a Archer-Illusion Breton and am enjoying it again. Illusion is fun when it works. For the majority of the game your spells don't work on the enemies that it would really help against. But it's still fun to make those low level mooks kill each other while I sit in the shadows eating Horker Stew.

Anyway, one year later I have to say I like the game. It's not my favorite (not by a looooong shot) and I'll never think, "I need an RPG fix" and then go to Skyrim to satisfy that urge. But it's fun to just lose yourself in the world for a bit.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
I am still hoping that one day I can get into it. It just bores me right now and I loved Oblivion and Morrowind. Maybe I was just burned out on TES by the time Skyrim arrived or maybe Skyrim is a bad TES game.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
-Cured the companions, except Aela, of Lycanthropy, and got Aela her werewolf totems
-Put the smackdown on Ancaano preventing him from blowing up the world using the eye
-Sides wit TEH EMPIREZ during the civil war
-Killed the emperor afterwards under orders from the Night Mother.
-Restored the thieves guild bringing all of Skyrim back under the wing of the mob
-Joined the Dawnguard and warded the heartless darkness
-Stopped ALDUIN EPOCH-EATER
-Got all the Daedric prince's artifacts, while at the same time telling them all to fuck off in the process
-Did every tiny misc quest for every NPC that had one, now I got the world world thanking me every time I pass anyone on the street.
-Bought every house, and even built 3 of my own.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Holy fuck, it's been a year already?
Jesus that went quick.

Can't remember too much about my first character. Nord heavy armour guy using most kind of melee weapons. I think I got far into the companions but then it bugged, tried a couple missions in most others guilds but didn't get too interested.
Finished the main quest and got to a fairly high level.

That's about all that comes to mind.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
uh,well Iplayed it for about 3 months then got bored now I play it periodically. I pretty much did all the main stuff.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Wandering through the land watching huge skirmishes tear apart the countryside.

Warzones really makes the game a lot livelier. Them bandit raids are good.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
What haven't I done?

I've played for over 300 hours and... I've not yet done a single quest in Markath. I've not yet done a single quest in Falkreath. I don't think I've even been to Rorikstead. I've not yet been made Thane of Dawnstar or Riften. I've only ever bought three homes. I've never found all the words of power. I've never found all the Unusual Gems. I've never found all the Dragon Priest masks. I've never found all the Daedric Artifacts. I've only ever been Master of Destruction and Illusion. I've never finished the Thieves Guild chain. I've never joined The Companions. I've only ever done one quest in an Orsimer hold. I've never raised Pickpocket above about level 30. I've never played through the game as a Nord. I've never played through the game as an Altmer. I've never played any of the DLCs. And this is after 300 hours.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Well, since I'm on the PS3 version:

- I've completed the main quest.
- The Empire has once again regained control of Skyrim, and has grown in size against the Thalmor.
- The Arcane University is still going strong. We did lose one person though, but he's with me in spirit. Puns.
- The Thieves Guild remains as hopeless as ever.
- The Dark Brotherhood have been finally destroyed (or have they?).
- I'm apparently still a werewolf, despite my having none of the abilities (the stat counter still goes higher for days as a werewolf and NPCs sometimes refer to my appearance, but I'm actually "healed"). In other words, my cure is glitched.
- This also means the Companions quest for cures and the such-like are glitched, so nothing's really happened there.
- Only collected a few Daedric artifacts that I considered not particularly evil.
- Done all the misc and side quests.
- Explored every location.
- Collected one of everything, for my hoarding habits.
- Almost mastered every skill (only block, archery and heavy armour to go, with lockpick, pick pocket and alchemy gathering dust, because I hate them).
- The Blades won't talk to me, because I refuse to kill someone who has fully repented.
- I only own the one house, having no ability to build any (but I do love Breezehome).
- I'm forever alone, not being able to adopt children (and not liking any marriage candidates enough, apart from Macurio, but then he turns into a slobbering idiot and he's in the Blades).
- There's certainly no vampires here.
- It's unlikely I'll ever get to travel to any mysterious Daedric realms or islands.

And at this rate, it will stay this way.

Captcha: Enjoy life.

Good point, I could do that instead!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Well, I've had four different saves so far. A Nord, a Wood Elf, a Dryad (custom race) and an Orc. Both the Wood Elf and the Orc have their initial combat skills maxed to 100 and now I'm working on different combat types while doing other questlines.

I have:

-Stopped Alduin
-Became Harbinger of the Companions
-Became grand pontificate-type dude of the Thieve's Guild
-Been all around helpful dude

Things I haven't done:

-Start the Mage's Guild because FUCK MAGIC USERS
-Start the Dark Brotherhood
-Find a single Daedric artifact
-The Civil War. Neither side. Haven't even gotten involved in a single quest or sided with one side
-Most quests that aren't centered in Whiterun
-Find all the Dragon Priest masks
-Max a non-combat skill to 100
-Become a Thane anywhere but Whiterun, and only because of the main quest
-Find any companion but Lydia
-Had any form of relationship
-Buy (or use) a house
-Buy (or use, or steal) a horse
-DLC content
-Become a vampire
-Find (or use) most shouts such as Throw Voice, Become Ethereal, Fire Breath

And surprisingly, Skyrim's probably my second-most played PC game behind TF2.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Let just say that I found a solution to the Altmer problem. I just need to get Paarthurnax on board with the whole burping venomous vapor.

Dragon sized soda cans don't come cheap you know

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I 100%'d the game pre dawngaurd. Even though I actually purchased the expansion when it went on sale I just never played it, primarily just because I was just insanely bored of the repetition in Skyrim by the time I reached 100% in the original stuff.