Skyrim PC Requirements Revealed

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Funkysandwich said:
Jumplion said:
Hrm, according to "Can You Run It?", I exceed the recomended specs for everything except for the Video RAM - 1 GB (I have 734.0 MB)

Would that be substantial in performance or could I still squeeze out some good specs out of the game?
Post the model number and I'll look it up. I think you'll be okay though, it's not really about the amount of graphics memory, it's memory bandwidth that is important.
Not quite sure what you mean by model number, but this is the info I got from dxdiag;

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip Type: ATI displace adapter (0x68B8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400Hz)
Total memory: 733MB
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I exceed specs on pretty much everything else by at least 2x more than the recommended, so I'd imagine I'd be fine even with a slightly weaker graphics card.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Jumplion said:
Funkysandwich said:
Jumplion said:
Hrm, according to "Can You Run It?", I exceed the recomended specs for everything except for the Video RAM - 1 GB (I have 734.0 MB)

Would that be substantial in performance or could I still squeeze out some good specs out of the game?
Post the model number and I'll look it up. I think you'll be okay though, it's not really about the amount of graphics memory, it's memory bandwidth that is important.
Not quite sure what you mean by model number, but this is the info I got from dxdiag;

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip Type: ATI displace adapter (0x68B8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400Hz)
Total memory: 733MB
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I exceed specs on pretty much everything else by at least 2x more than the recommended, so I'd imagine I'd be fine even with a slightly weaker graphics card.
Yep, as above your card is fine.

DarthVella

Oct 13, 2011
The first thing I thought was "6GB? How the hell did they compress 300+ hours worth of game into 6GB?" The second thing I thought was "Sweet! That will actually run decently on my rig!" The third thing I thought was "If that's the case, then why on Earth does Batman: Arkham City need 17.5 GB and recommend the kind of video card you get by selling your soul?" And, based on the latter, you can probably guess the fourth thing I thought.

Se7enUpMustang

Apr 7, 2010
will i be able to run this with a NVIDIA GForce GT 555M?

ram wont be a problem though, says i need 4g for recommended and i have 8g so i dont think it will be an issue.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Shihoudani said:
Hmm... wonder how well my Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2Ghz will run it....
I have the same cpu. Depending on your other hardware, I think it should be fine.

If you are unsure you could use http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/.

James Morley

Oct 31, 2011
Will a ATI Mobility Radeon 4500 Series be good enough for skyrim??

Never Mind, I used the can you run it, I passed;D

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I wonder if my computer will run this guys.

2.4 GHZ Pentium 3
Voodoo 2
500MB RAM
Windows ME (Millennium edition)

I'm sure I can max this out no problem at all.

right...? /sarcasm

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Well, I meet the minimum requirements and I almost meet the recommended settings ... but then again, who the hell would want to play an Elder Scrolls game at its lowest settings or its non-ultra settings? I mean, really?!

Hopefully I'll have my bad-ass rig built by December. :D

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
so I plan on getting a new comp. a laptop probably, but I could go for a desktop if the former proves to expensive to be worth it

what will I need to run Skyrim on Ultra without any slow down, lag, sound lost, etc.?
Any brands you'd recommend I should look into?

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
My friend told me the game using 6 GB of memory really isn't a lot, and he said that Bioshock took more space up. It's worrying me a bit, is he right or am i being lied to?