Skyrim PC Specs announced!

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Recommended Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

Looking good although a little surprised by DX9 but at least i can run it :D

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
I can run it too, hooray!
I wanted to know the specs for it before I preorder, guess I have to now.

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
That?s a lot better than I expected I may get to play it at max settings yet.

thanks (also why only DX9?)

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
My PC is going to be able to play that at, if not the highest settings, pretty close to it. I ordered Skyrim back in August, and I've booked 11 November off work. Yay!

Rathcoole

Jan 1, 2011
I am surprised by these requirment's. I had been planning to upgrade my graphic's card for this game. But if these setting's are right I should be able to play it at max with my current card.

But I will probably still upgrade my card. It is getting on in years a bit. It still hold's it's own, But you can tell it's is having a hard time with some of the newer games coming out.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Don't even look at those.

5 years after release and with a much more powerful PC, I still can't run Oblivion smoothly. Also there will be a ton of bugs on release.

However, gameplay, story and quests will be awesome as always, and while you try to enjoy the gameplay, technical problems will get into the way.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wow, really disappointing. Guess I expected something wildly different than new vegas considering all the talk of new engine this/that/other. Only real horsepower bump I am seeing is purely on the video card from 128mb to 512mb. (comparing min to min cause I am not seeing NV's recommended anywhere.

Anyway... yeah. Wasnt really interested in Skyrim before, this has no impact one way or another. So congrats to those who are being pleasantly surprised their rigs can handle it.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Rathcoole said:
I am surprised by these requirment's. I had been planning to upgrade my graphic's card for this game. But if these setting's are right I should be able to play it at max with my current card.

But I will probably still upgrade my card. It is getting on in years a bit. It still hold's it's own, But you can tell it's is having a hard time with some of the newer games coming out.
There right there from Bethesdas Blog http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/10/25/skyrim-system-requirements-announced/#comments

Apr 28, 2008
Genuine Evil said:

Because it was developed for consoles, then ported to the PC.

Hell, I'm not complaining. I can run it! WOO!

Abedeus said:

5 years after release and with a much more powerful PC, I still can't run Oblivion smoothly. Also there will be a ton of bugs on release.

However, gameplay, story and quests will be awesome as always, and while you try to enjoy the gameplay, technical problems will get into the way.
Oh yeah, we'd do well to keep this in mind.

Yeah yeah, new engine. The Gamebryo engine was built off of Morrowind's engine, much like how Bethesda's new Creation engine is built off of Gamebryo, so yeah. They say history repeats itself.

Just be cautions, is all I'm saying. I'd recommend waiting a few months before buying it, so all the major issues are worked out.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
DustlessDragoon said:
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
Um... I have a... NVidia GeForce G210, does anyone know if that's good enough? I'm pretty sure all the others are fine.

I want to get a new card anyway, can someone recommend me a great one that's (reasonably) low price?
That's what I used to have before upgrading to a HD6870.

It was a very shitty card indeed, so I very much doubt it will run skyrim even on low I'm sorry to say.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Jazoni89 said:
SirBryghtside said:
DustlessDragoon said:
Um... I have a... NVidia GeForce G210, does anyone know if that's good enough? I'm pretty sure all the others are fine.

I want to get a new card anyway, can someone recommend me a great one that's (reasonably) low price?
That's what I used to have before upgrading to a HD6870.

It was a very shitty card indeed, so I very much doubt it will run skyrim even on low I'm sorry to say.
Thanks, I can probably get a better one in time, so no big problems :)
Fawxy said:
SirBryghtside said:
DustlessDragoon said:

I hear the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 is a relatively cheap but powerful card. You should look into that.

*trollface*
Dammit, before the edit I though you were giving me good advice! DX
That's a graphics card for Developers, they cost well over a grand.

My advice is to get my card, or the 560TI, both are great value.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Abedeus said:

Ayup.
Story of my gaming life.

And honestly, I refuse to believe those recommended specs are anything but the real basic specs. I just... can't.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
What!? I'm able to run on High-settings atleast? Probably Ultra?!?!!!
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! I'm ready, hell yes I am!!!

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Genuine Evil said:

Because DX10 only causes problems :p

-----------------------------------

Boyah! When my new graphics card arrives I have more than the recommended specs :D