Skyrim Questions

iLeikHip

Aug 30, 2011
Hey there, I'm an avid Skyrim fan, and I cannot wait for it to come out, but I do have so questions that I cannot find online.
If anyone would be able to answer them for me, that would be great :D
1. Is the fast travel system going to be Oblivion Style (fast travel to anywhere from anywhere) or Morrowind Style (Fast travel from city to city, or use mark & recall)
2. Will there be level scaling, as in Oblivion, where everything levels up with you?
3. So, you can use anything you want, and increase your skills in them, so say I put most of my time into to arcane arts, when I level up, will I be able to choose perks for the certain skill of my choosing?
4. How will leveling work? Will it be like Fallout, where you collect exp? Or like Oblivion, where you have to level up your skills?

I know these are hard questions, but if any help would be great!

Dec 14, 2009
You'd be better off going to a forum dedicated to Skyrim news, for the same reason I go to one for all my Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 news.

You simply won't find all the information you want on the escapist for specific games.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
iLeikHip said:
Hey there, I'm an avid Skyrim fan, and I cannot wait for it to come out, but I do have so questions that I cannot find online.
If anyone would be able to answer them for me, that would be great :D
1. Is the fast travel system going to be Oblivion Style (fast travel to anywhere from anywhere) or Morrowind Style (Fast travel from city to city, or use mark & recall)
2. Will there be level scaling, as in Oblivion, where everything levels up with you?
3. So, you can use anything you want, and increase your skills in them, so say I put most of my time into to arcane arts, when I level up, will I be able to choose perks for the certain skill of my choosing?
4. How will leveling work? Will it be like Fallout, where you collect exp? Or like Oblivion, where you have to level up your skills?

I know these are hard questions, but if any help would be great!
i dont currently know about the fast traveling, but from the demo that is on youtube it seems oblivion style. there will be some leveling. for example. when you first enter a dungeon it levels to your level, but then it locks at that level. apparently there are also places that you will have to wait till you level up to beat. skill progression will be based on what you use, and i think the perks will be like fallout. the higher level ones will be unlocked with a higher level skill.

Oct 30, 2010
I'm hearing conflicting things. Are stat increases still tied to skill increases? That killed Oblivion for me. Not a fan of delaying leveling up until I spend 30 minutes spamming a skill to get my third +5.

Dec 14, 2009
4173 said:
I'm hearing conflicting things. Are stat increases still tied to skill increases? That killed Oblivion for me. Not a fan of delaying leveling up until I spend 30 minutes spamming a skill to get my third +5.
That I can answer.

When you level up, you choose to put a number of points (always the same), into Stamina, Health and Magic.

You can dole them out any way you wish.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Blunderboy said:
How could anyone know this for a game that isn't out?
The devs released a lot of information. Plus, some of us have played the game *whistles*
Damn you :p
Well they could do me a favour and release the pc specs sooner rather than later.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You can freely fast travel at 0 cost to any location youve discovered. But you can pay to take a Carriage to the larger towns that you havent discovered. No real word on the price yet.

The world doesnt level to you, it "locks" to you. Each area has a "level range". And when you enter these areas, they "lock" to the level that best fits you. Meaning, if your level 5, and go into a 10-15 area, it "locks" to level 10 for the rest of your play through. This means you will feel like your getting stronger, because the first time you enter, you get your arse handed to you, but when you return at a higher level, you can return the favor.

And as for leveling, EVERYTHING contributes to your levels! :D
And every time you level, you get to pick a perk. Its a mix of Oblivion/Morrowind and FO3/NV together.
So if your a mage, you can pick perks to make your spells better, but not perks to make your mace better. ((Unless you also use a mace))

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure the 360 version's manual leaked online last night. I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

rreetteepp

May 2, 2011
By the way GLo Jones your display picture is hilarious... i just wanted to let you know that
GLo Jones said:
I'm pretty sure the 360 version's manual leaked online last night. I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
GLo Jones said:
There's a link on the Escapist homepage....

Also OP, ever heard of Google? I assure you, you'll get a much faster and more accurate response.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Kurai Angelo said:
GLo Jones said:
There's a link on the Escapist homepage....
Ah, well. Don't I look silly. Oops.
rreetteepp said:
By the way GLo Jones your display picture is hilarious... i just wanted to let you know that
Well thank you, that picture's become a good friend of mine.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
iLeikHip said:
1. There will be fast travelling like oblivion and a silt strider like system in place. both of which will cost money to use.

2. Yes there will be level scaling however areas will have a certain range of levels for the enemies. so there will be areas you can go back to and one hit enemies. likewise there will be areas where you will get flogged if you arent a high enough level.

3. Yes you will be able to get perks for whatever skill you choose.

4. Levelling will work much like oblivion. You train your skills up to level.

Dylan Blackler

May 22, 2011
1. Fast Travel Is the same as it was in Oblivion,you have to discover the place first (unsure about the citys) and There is no Mark and recall (again,for good reasons)

2. The level scaling is a Mix between Fallout and Oblivion, Some areas will be to hard for you when you first start but stuff will also level with you (so at level 50 I can assume you wouldn't run into scamps or anything)

3. There are still skills (Block, Illusion etc) you level up in (just as Oblivion) but each Skill now also has its own perks that you can choose to enhance the skill even further.

4.Well The leveling will be the same style as it was in Oblivion (get major skills up to level) but with the change of You will no long have to sleep to level up, You will just level like in Fallout 3

also there is alot of great Info on Skyrimnexus.com