Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

Trig0n

Nov 9, 2010
PureIrony said:
R.I.P. Maurice. You never got to see the eldergleam sanctuary.

Granted, it probably would have been a better idea to stay back and let me handle that three-way fight between a giant and a dragon, but still, hell of a way die.

You annoying unarmed french bastard.
This exact same thing.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
Trig0n said:
PureIrony said:
R.I.P. Maurice. You never got to see the eldergleam sanctuary.

Granted, it probably would have been a better idea to stay back and let me handle that three-way fight between a giant and a dragon, but still, hell of a way die.

You annoying unarmed french bastard.
This exact same thing.
Ok tahts creepy... same here. Yay for giant/dragon magnet?

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
R.I.P. legitimately bought horse. For 1000 Gold, I thought you could handle a 2 foot drop.

R.I.P. stolen horse. Ok, I swear that cliff came out of nowhere. Although admittedly you were more useful by virtue of the fact that your corpse somehow cushioned my fall.

R.I.P. Orthorn.
You shouldn't have stolen those stupid books and fought with the Caller. Also, I'm still puzzled how you got out of your cell without me pulling the lever... and blatantly telling you to rot there.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
RIP Borgakh the Steel Heart.

Died fighting a death knight draugr champion, the last guardian of Hevnoraak.

Distracted the knight so I could wear it down further, took a power attack from an ebony warhammer and died for me, died in my stead. Damn, it was such a great ending, such a hard struggle, I just had to continue.

Miranda Lloyd

Oct 7, 2011
RIP stray dog, really sorry about that, but what do you expect loitering in the woods, looking exactly like a wolf...

RIP first horse, always eager to get in fights, it got to the point where I had to leave you far from battle, but that obviously wasn't enough... Was it the frost spider that got you while I was sneaking into Goldenglow? or the dragon that swooped in seconds later? We'll never know.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
RIP 500 gp Markath dog. You didn't do much but bark annoyingly, until you distracted a powerful ice witch, died from massive cold damage, but helped us carry the day.

End result? Now blood-kin of the orcs.

lVl477

Jun 27, 2011
RIP Stray Dog: died on the ascent to High Hrothgar during a fight with an ice troll.
RIP horse: left outside as I went into a dungeon, came back to find him dead with TWO dead saber cats next to him... not sure if they killed each other or if something killed them all.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
R.I.P. Horse 1, this is why you dont run away from me during a dragon attack.
R.I.P. Horse 2, This is why you dont attack a dragon with out me.
R.I.P. Stray dog, you survived a whole dungeon with me, only to be killed by a random bandit that came out of no where.
R.I.P. Maiq The Lier, Getting Rid of mystisism is NOT pratical.
R.I.P. War Hound, Why wold you run off to attack a giant when he is not attacking us?
R.I.P. Merc 1, Ok tip, when i say WAIT HERE i mean it traps tend to hurt.
R.I.P. Merc 2, REALY 5 minutes is all you survive before you jump off a cliff?

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I took Lydia out for a spin, and she held her own pretty well. She got dumped when I couldn't take her on a Companions quest, and I never got around to picking her up again.

But I'm still pretty sure I'm never gonna let a follower die and keep going. If Lydia died, I'd reload. And after that guy with the tree quest (Maurice?), even if it's a temporary follower, I'll reload because he ended up being important to the quest.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
My horse disappeared when I talked to a skooma dealer. We got attacked right after I talked to him and dispatched the enemy really fast, but my horse is no where to be found. Also, I don't really bring companions unless it's a Falmer-killing quest.

I was watching my brother play the game and he went to a giant's camp with Lydia. Lydia just ran up to the giant and started attacking with her sword, then the giant smacked her down. After taking Lydia out of the game, the giant went after my brother, regretted it and turned around to face Lydia, who was knelt on the ground. The giant lifted his foot and brought it down on her, killing her instantly. It was the best death I've seen.

MultiElford

Oct 22, 2011
R.I.P all zombies that I conjured and treated horribly (fireball'd their face when I didn't need them anymore)
They were companions in my books

purf

Nov 29, 2010
WolfThomas said:
From this thread alone, I'm leaving Lydia at home now.
...while I start to think she needs to leave the house more often. What is she doing anyways, mostly sitting in my bedroom? Sniffing the sheets while I'm out?

RIP Stray Dog, not understanding the importance of Stealth. You were a fine companion while I was walking from here to over there. (Well, actually I used the F9 of resurrection a couple of times. The dog is cool.)

Mirror Cage

Dec 6, 2010
RIP, that guy in Markarth who agreed to follow me for a beer.
Boethia found your sacrifice acceptable.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
R.I.P. Farkus,

You are a werewolf, i am a werewolf; thus, you should'nt attack me when i'm a werewolf fighting 20+ falmer

you will be decapitated

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
winginson said:
RIP Lydia. You survived dragons, giants and 4 fire mages in a cramped tunnel. Now missing presumed dead. (I had her standing by a forge to dump stuff on until I could get a house. I want my goddamn axe back.)

RIP Horses(numerous) Sorry about all the unseen canyons, sabrecats, shouts and dragons.
Lydia won't just wait around forever. If you leave her anywhere for too long, she will get bored and wander off. That, at least, is what happened when I parked her on the windy, snowy streets of Windhelm.

I thought I was rid of her until I bought a house in Whiterun and Lydia suddenly showed up there. You could try getting a house, if you want her back.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
RIP: wait Lydia lives in my house, never leaving, she proberly pass time by getting drunk and crying herself to sleep. But I cant find
That talking snazzy talking dog
Who I told to wait enxt to Lydia in my ho-

LYDIA WHAT DID YOU DO YOU MADWOMAN

fluey533

Nov 20, 2011
R.I.P Alzor: that group of thugs was meant to kill me not you dammit!

R.I.P Paarthanaux: I saw a dragon and panicked. It was not my fault

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
craftomega said:
This thread was not supposed to be this popular..... I did not exspect this....
I think the meme you were needing was the Deus Ex: HR phrase, "I never asked for this"

R.I.P Lydia.
Killed by accidental fireball.