Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
I'm surprised so many people use Lydia...I keep her at my home incase someone tries to burgle me...

My companion (the dark elf chick) has yet to die.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Raddra said:
I don't use companions.. they're the bane of a stealthy assassin character.

Lydia is sat in my house guarding my chest of stuff.

She seems determined to sit in my room and eat all my bread though. Sheesh woman, you have a room of your own you know!

... I bet she watches me sleep too. While chewing on bread.
You're in bro!

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
R.I.P Lydia.
When I left Whiterun to settle in at Hjerim I had to abandon everything of my past life and unfortunately you got caught in the crossfire. It really was nothing personal but Boethiah told me to do it and I thought it would be kind of funny to trick you so...I kind of, had to, sorta, completely murder you. But look on the upside! I got some nice armour out of it.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
There's Joshua Graha... Uh, I mean Erandur, who was killed in battle with a dragon and dragon priest at the same time while traveling with my good character. His awesome voice will be greatly missed.

Then there's Marcurio, a mercenary mage I picked up in Riften, who was murdered by my evil character as a sacrifice to Boethiah. He won't really be missed, but he tasted delicious.

LiL'Tic

Jan 21, 2009
Lydia died for me on like the second or third cave i brought her on the companions are useless to me just makes it harder to sneak around

cennsor

Mar 1, 2012
i lost "my" lydia to a giant just outside of whiterun (you know, that camp they have there nearby). i thought she'd be up to the challenge by then, but i guess i was wrong. when i happen to be around, i go pay a visit to the place. it is, after all, her burial ground. now that i think of it, why not bring her some flowers and lay them next to her next time i go..

i was so shocked (and by that i mean, not moved at all, nor actually surprised) by such a premature death, that i decided not to let anyone else join me in my quests ever again. till i was done helping that priestess of azura, that is. then i was like: after all the trouble these stupid daedric quests caused me, why not accept something out of it when i get the chance?

turned out that wasn't such a good decision after all. so RIP aranea, slashed to death by a skeleton in the very first cave we went clearing together, right after i let you join me. just btw, seems like she was the last priestess of possibly the only one bearable daedra of all. i'm starting to feel guilty here.

also, a mournful tought goes to the countless innocent steeds that went.. er, amiss.. while accompanying me through all those hard mountain passes, battered by blinding snow storms and so full of tricky, steep precipes.. yes, i like to blame that on the bad weather and inhospitableness of the surroundings.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
R.I.P Sven.

You bravely fought through Bleak Falls Barrow with naught but clothes and an iron dagger. I honestly thought that spider would kill you, but you survived.

Too bad that Alvor's wife in Riverwood hired some thugs to kill me for a few things I might have borrowed without permission from her house. They murdered you, in broad daylight in the streets of Riverwood. I beat them, buddy. I killed them. Left their bodies to rot while I carried you to the river. You got a Boromir send-off, Sven.

Then I murdered Alvor's wife. Ain't nobody fucks with Sven.

Ethan Shipman

Jun 26, 2012
R.I.P,

Lydia, I was a low level and so when those bloody vampires cut you down I got the heck out of there. I think I went back to avenge you later. Then again maybe that was somewhere else.

Marcurio, You were absolutely my favorite follower, your magic made you beast, I killed that dragon priest in your honor Marcurio.

Iona, I sacrificed you to the Daedra, you annoyed me.

Dark Elf merc in Whiterun, I fought bandits with you on a shipwreck, then I pulled back my warhammer and smashed your skull in.

People of Markarth, I killed almost all of you and there may be 10 of you left.

First horse, two Sabre cats took you out and I hate you.

Werewolf in a cage, Because we were both werewolfs I let you out of that cage. You attacked me and I killed you.

Ethan Shipman

Jun 26, 2012
Don't know why you can't kill her, I killed a guy in the inn payed off my fine and left, and apparently my follower killed Mjoll because I got a letter of inheritance.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
RIP Dragonf***er, my horse.

One of the only times I used you, and every god damn a**hole in skyrim has to turn up behind my back to kill you. Ain't it a b****.

I don't often use followers. I had enough trouble not shooting farkas in the back while doing one of the companion quests, being an archer primarily.

Also, one person stealth is a lot easier than two.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
To my dog Bosco.

I don't remember your actual name, but you were my dog. You managed to tank dragons, but one day I accidentally threw a fireball in your face because I thought you were a wolf in a vampire cave.

RIP Bosco

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Being part of the PC Master Race no one can die since I control the powers of life and death.

Ethan Shipman

Jun 26, 2012
R.I.P Eorland, The night before I seen a tip that sneaking behind and hitting you while you work would increase sneak and you wouldn't fight back. But before I could test it Heimsker or whatever his name was got annoying. So when I shouted him very, very far everyone attacked me. Yet you and Farkas stayed by my side the guards still cut you both down. But I killed those guards, and Heimsker. Never did test that tip...

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Rest in Peace, Vorstag.

No seriously, stay dead. Nothing personal, you know, but I don't want to argue with you about the virtues of binding you to a post and sacrificing you to Boethiah.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
RIP Lydia, i snuck into the Thalmor embassy and you somehow died in the cave below it, well done you useless sack of shit

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I sacrificed Lydia for that one Daedric quest where you have to sacrifice someone at that altar.
I rode Shadowmere off a cliff and didn't bother reloading my save because his body landed in a river and began to poetically drift off towards the sunset.
I also took Faendal, my very first companion, into a forest about 100 hours into the game and killed him, because I needed the blood of a Bosmer for one particular quest, and didn't know of any other Bosmers at the time.

Sep 7, 2010
R.I.P Lydia, stolen horse, windhelm thane guy, hired merc #1, Hired merc guy #2, Kharja, stray dog, summoned flame atronach, summoned familiar, erik the slayer.

I have no idea how most of you died, guess you all just kinda sucked too much and decided to die, maybe i loaded you down with too much gear, i don't know. But what i do know is that you are all equally replaceable temporary packmules that i occasionally beat savagely as punishment for your very existence. i love you all, you will be missed and later forgotten.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Oh, since I'm seeing a lot of Shadowmere grief here: Shadowmere respawns 10 days after s/he[footnote]Female in prior games, male in this one, though Astrid supposedly can refer to Shadowmere as either gender[/footnote] dies, at the location of his/her death. So rejoice! Your nightmare steed is reborn!