Skyrim team moves onto new game

Fraggy1

Jun 27, 2012
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a473333/skyrim-development-ends-as-team-moves-on-to-new-adventure.html

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim development team has moved on to a "new adventure", it has been revealed.

In a recent blog post, the studio reveals that development on Skyrim has officially ended, and that a "major new project" requires the team's full attention.

"For the last year and a half we've been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs," reads the Bethesda blog post.

"Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio's full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet."
Would anyone be surprised if this wasn't Fallout 4? If it is Bethesda can just take all of my money right now.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I suppose because Fallout 3 and New Vegas both had 5 DLC add-ons, I expected Skyrim to do the same. Guess not.

I don't mind, Skyrim is really good and you can't blame them for wanting to put full focus on the next project. I wouldn't mind a Fallout 4, but I also wouldn't mind something different that they haven't done before, but still in the classic Bethesda feel. An RPG of course. I'll probably buy it no matter what their next game is.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I am the only one who hopes is NOT Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 is made by Obsidian instead? What am I saying? Of course I am not it's the internet. But I am really hoping for a new IP regardless.... Also Obsidian is better at writing.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
It's been known Fallout 4 was in the works for a while. One of the voice actors from 3 let slip that they were going to be working on the sequel. This news probably means it's out of the planning stages and into full development.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
WoW Killer said:
It's been known Fallout 4 was in the works for a while. One of the voice actors from 3 let slip that they were going to be working on the sequel. This news probably means it's out of the planning stages and into full development.
He then let slip that he hadn't actually been hired for anything and was just hoping for it.
I've put all my real feelings on that other thread on this topic...
But they say their next game is in pre-production- from someone who knows bugger all about creating games, is that far along the line or is Fallout 4 going to be released as it actually happens?

niknar266

Sep 22, 2011
Yay, so there will be a GOTY edition soon with all the DLC. I might get it again for PC (had the 360 version previously) now I've got a decent enough PC to run it and I can also mod it.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
I'd be completely happy if Bethesda were content to continue working on the Elders Scrolls and leave the Fallout universe to third-party developers. IMO, Obsidian did a much better job with New Vegas than Beth did with Fallout 3, and I'd rather Beth stuck exclusively to an IP I have absolutely zero interest in these days.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I haven't touched Skyrim in months I only got on to download patches and get the DLC half off. None of them were worth the wait.Dragonborn was just a new place to explore with a boring story, Dawnguard was nonstop errand quest, and hearthfire was just awful. I don't think bethesda's quest design team has actually put forward effort for at least the past 2 games. Hopefully this new "adventure" will actually have a decent story, like Fallout 3 did. Best story Bethesda has ever written.