SKYRIM WEAPONS WORTH KEEPING??

kma2012

Feb 9, 2012
Hello, I have a question about weapons in Skyrim..I tend to horde weapons quite a bit and I was wondering: Are there any weapons that you can obtain from defeating someone in Skyrim that you should keep?? like for future use? Or should I focus on just getting my alchemy and smithing up and making my own weapons??

Thanks

kma2012

Feb 9, 2012
ok cool..yeah i have so much stuff its stupid..like i have a couple staffs and stuff from quests..do you recommend getting my stats up and making my own weapons? im basically just worried im going to sell something and then later on in the game i will need it and not know where i sold it or something

kma2012

Feb 9, 2012
cool! yeah i have mostly dwarven armor on my character..and i have a dwarven axe but its two handed and slow as hell...how did you get a firey weapon?

kma2012

Feb 9, 2012
I have been working on my smithing with the iron dagger trick..im almost at 70 but havent worked on my enchanting..any tips for that>

Pirakahunter788

Feb 4, 2011
Like Skin stated, as you find armor and weapons, keep the stuff that has the higher damage or better armor rating. The best weapons are the daedric, with the ones from daedric quests in a league all their own. What I would suggest is to find gear that you like or works best for you, then upgrade it via smithing, and if you can, enchant it. Much more effective in the long run.

To get your enchanting up quick, I would suggest Azura's Star. If you complete the quest and get the Black Star, it works like a reusable black soul gem, which is the best soul gem you can get. Use a weapon that has a soul trap enchantment, and everytime a soul is captured into the star, refill your weapon. You level up enchanting fairly quickly.

kma2012

Feb 9, 2012
Tree man- thanks for the advice!! ill jump on those quests asap

Pirakahunter- ill try that quest out and get my enchanting up soon..im at a point in the game where id like to get my stats up before i truck on much further..

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
The Daedra Weapons are definitely worth holding on to, at least for a while. Wabbajack (risky, but it can be powerful and has a sizeable lulz factor), Sanguine Rose, Mehrune's Razor, and the Mace of Molag Bal are all quite useful. Also the one that makes undead explode (Mephala's I think)

As for which enchants to go for, anything with Life Drain should be considered superior (at least to me).

Pirakahunter788

Feb 4, 2011
renegade7 said:
The Daedra Weapons are definitely worth holding on to, at least for a while. Wabbajack (risky, but it can be powerful and has a sizeable lulz factor), Sanguine Rose, Mehrune's Razor, and the Mace of Molag Bal are all quite useful. Also the one that makes undead explode (Mephala's I think)

As for which enchants to go for, anything with Life Drain should be considered superior (at least to me).
Mephala's would be the Ebony Blade, which is the two handed katana-like sword. You're thinking of Dawnbreaker.

Life Drain is a handy enchantment, but limited usefulness in some cases. Although, anything with the Life Drain enchantment can sell for a very pretty penny.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Weapon (and armor) effectiveness depends on material and quality.

For Weaponry:

Iron is Base.

Steel is better than Iron.

Dwarven is better than steel

Orcish is better than dwarven

Skyforged Steel (accessiable via Companions only) is better than orcish

Elven is better than Skyforged Steel

Glass is better than elven

Ebony is better than Glass

Daedric is better than Ebony

Dragonbone only makes armor and is immaterial for weaponry

When in doubt, go for what has the HIGHER NUMBER. Enchantments are a matter of taste - drain stamina and drain health (drain, not damage) are the best for melee weapons, especially both at the same time.

Daedric quest items tend to be very useful for a specific purpose.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
I have an ebony sword with a fire enchantment on it, works pretty well, got it from the first bard's college mission

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Of course, it's entirely possible to make an iron sword that one-shots anything, even on Master difficulty.

It's slightly cheating, of course!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I just do higher numbers as a rule of thumb, and sell everything else. If it has a desirable enchantment, remove it and save it; if the enchantment doesn't mean much, sell it with the enchantment for a bit more dosh. If I have a high enough Smithing level and the perk, improve it. All of my equipment usually doesn't weigh more than two hundred units.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Get Dawnbreaker through the 'The Break of Dawn' questline. The best weapons are daedric weapons which are crafted so work on smithing to get those skills up. Do the Dark Brotherhood questline to get the Blade of Woe which has a life drain enchant and is also a fairly high damage dagger. Also get the Nightingale Bow through the Nightingale questline. Those are all I can think of now.

EDIT: Now that I read more of the previous posts I'd like to add that Mehrunes' Razor is also a very good dagger and fairly easy to get, and in the process of getting it you also acquire a few Daedra Hearts which are used to make daedric weapons and armor, and they are generally expensive and rare so its worth doing the questline for those individually, let alone the dagger.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Nightingale blade until it becomes obsolete. What is it, burn and lifesteal right? I tend to switch between a mace, and dual ebony swords Mace has soul trap and the swords are burn and lifesteal.