SKYRIM WEAPONS WORTH KEEPING??

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Jandau said:
None, really. The Daedra quest weapons are OKish if you can get them early, but in the end the only thing you really want to keep is that Daedric Longsword/Greatsword/Whateveryouuse upgraded to Legendary with dual enchants (Weapon Skill + Elemental).
That is pretty much what it boils down to. Just running around in completely upgraded Daedric gear beats everything. The only Daedric artifact I still use is a fully upgraded Spellbreaker (reward from Peryite), because I hate fighting mages.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Get above level 46 and then complete the Thieves guild questline; you can get the best version of Chillrend then (remember it from Oblivion?(if you played it); it is better than any other one handed weapon for base damage, plus has frost damage and a chance to paralyse. Other than that, Daedric weapons that you get from the shrines and daedric stuff you can find/make is the only stuff really worth keeping.

kouriichi said:
I think Raj should be in the next Elder Scrolls game.

killercyclist

Feb 12, 2011
my best tip is get your smithing to 100, build up some daedric swords/axes and the like then: find all the smithing enchanted stuff you can (armor, jewelry, yada yada) then make or find the best smithing potion you can, make all the stuff you want, then go over to the place to improve weapons and armor and take the potion, with that you can make your power kinda bonkers! case and point: my daedric sword: 159, armore rating (daedric): 996, yeah i hurt things.......

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
As others have mentioned there are a lot of unique artefacts which cannot be replaced if you lose them somehow. There's a complete list of them here:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Artifacts

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Of course, it's entirely possible to make an iron sword that one-shots anything, even on Master difficulty.

It's slightly cheating, of course!
Personally i quite like that fact.
I tent to find higher level armours to look a little OTT, so i like the fact i can customize my appearance (And that of my weapons) without seriously nerfing my character.

OT: Just go with the better stats.
If a weapon has a unique appearance you make want to keep it to decorate your house as i do.

Mar 30, 2010
Actual quest weapons? Wuuthrad from the Companions' quest line. Dragonbane from the main quest. Other than that it's a Daedric weapon (or weapons) of your choosing - my preference is for war axes - enchanted to your specifications.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
kma2012 said:
I have been working on my smithing with the iron dagger trick..im almost at 70 but havent worked on my enchanting..any tips for that>
One of the best ways is to gather as many low level soul gems as possible (preferably pre-filled so that you don't have to fill too many yourself) and enchant a large batch of iron daggers with them.

I tend to keep most of the unique items that I find so I'm not the one to ask about that. Although some of the best weapons at your disposal are the ones you craft and enchant yourself.

Lopende Paddo

Aug 26, 2004
kma2012 said:
I have been working on my smithing with the iron dagger trick..im almost at 70 but havent worked on my enchanting..any tips for that>
Gather all the soulstones you find and use the petty ones to enchant all the daggers you're making. also always use a weapon with soultrap, you get skill from soultrapping and from filling your weapons enchantment. also also break down all enchanted items you dont use to find the best enchantment for your daggers for faster progression.

thats what I did anyway.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
The Hammer from the Malakath quest remains a credible weapon until later in the game, and can be improved. Doesn't hold a candle to a double enchanted, mega-smithed Daedric warhammer though. And my most recently crafted Daedric bow is less and arrow-hurling device than a 26th century nano-tech death ray that pretty much one-shots anything.

Kind of a shame, really. The coolest looking weapons in the game wind up being inferior to the more generic ones you can sploit-craft up to WMD levels of lethality.

(Though you can name them. That's kind of cool.)