Skyrim: What did you roll ?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'll probably go Breton archer with destruction and restoration. That was my favorite file in Oblivion, and it looks like Skyrim's archery is much more satisfying.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Dark elf, destruction like a mofo, a dash of one handed sword perhaps. Only just leveled up the first time, about to go play some more, game is great.

I was pretty surprised when I took a quest to kill a bandit, proceeded to the cave that said bandit lives in and got absolutely pwned in the face when he smashed me into the ground in one fucking hit. Trust me, in my experience, this game does not level scale at all.
I guess that's why they don't call 'em mudcrabs, eh? [sub]ghastly things, mudcrabs, quite fearsome as well[/sub]

OT: Oh god, i can't wait! I wont be getting it till xmas tho, so the hype will be murdering me (my comp has a gig of ram, so i have to get it at xmas).

TStormer

Aug 24, 2010
Imperial with conjured sword in one hand and destruction magic in the other. I'm somewhat annoyed that I cannot block.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
Imperial Templar named Relas Kertum wielding a broadsword and fire(Swords, Destruction Magic, Restorative Magic, Heavy Armor and a few other small skills)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Nord Paladin - Two-handed weapon, heavy armor, archery for ranged and restorative/defensive magics.

Scratch that. Imperial Paladin - One-handed weapon, shield and restoration seems to be a more natural fit. Maybe I'll actually stick with this one.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
I'll definitely be playing a Dark Elf assassin/thief with dreams of becoming a vampire. Bollocks to the main quest.
Can't buy the game until I get paid though, which isn't for another...3 weeks! Argh

May 7, 2008
MoNKeyYy said:
I won't have the game for another six hours but...

I have really no idea.

I'm gonna have to evauate things pretty long and hard before I decide, and I'll probably just let myself go along and see what ends up happening. I have no idea what the game specific traits are so I'll just see what's fun. You really can't go in without those details expecting to know what's best. For race though...maybe Breton, Bosmer or Imperial? I'll probably try to lean towards a more stealth based character but I just don't know.

i feel your pain. 4 more hours til the midnight release. damn you daylights savings for making me wait an additional hour

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I'm a Dark Elf, chose Thief and just got to level 3. Really enjoying the game, I hated Oblivion, but Skyrim definitely solves all the problems Oblivion had.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Ork Battlemage with a 1 hander and alteration/useful magic, but also 2 handers when it gets rough.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
vivalahelvig said:
Dark elf, destruction like a mofo, a dash of one handed sword perhaps. Only just leveled up the first time, about to go play some more, game is great.

I was pretty surprised when I took a quest to kill a bandit, proceeded to the cave that said bandit lives in and got absolutely pwned in the face when he smashed me into the ground in one fucking hit. Trust me, in my experience, this game does not level scale at all.
I guess that's why they don't call 'em mudcrabs, eh? [sub]ghastly things, mudcrabs, quite fearsome as well[/sub]

OT: Oh god, i can't wait! I wont be getting it till xmas tho, so the hype will be murdering me (my comp has a gig of ram, so i have to get it at xmas).
Speaking of mudcrabs, I was also surprised to find that, after reloading an earlier safe and raping the said bandit leader with dual fire spells and loads of health and magicka potions, he actually complimented me on my skills before I killed him. As in, he said something like "Youre not that bad after all!".

I thought that was pretty cool. Its always silly when a bandit remarks "I have fought mudcrabs fiercer than you!" while you have barely taken damage and they are down to their last hitpoints.
No you fool, he was distracting you! he actually had a pet giant mudcrab! He was luring you into a false sense of security!

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Hhmm...maybe a imperial with a sword and dagger and some light armor? Or maybe a Orc with an axe and a mace? Not sure, might dabble in a little magic, but even if I am a warrior I will absolutely do a lot of stealthing about and backstabbing.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
You all miss the point! For me it's heavy armoured, 2handed weapons NORD!!!

FEAR THE WRATH OF DOVAHKIIN!!!

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Haven't gotten it yet, but will play as everything. At once. I did it in oblivion, I regularly switched armor and weapons in a battle. Started off backstabbing an enemy, then switched to heavy armor and a sledgehammer, then backed off and finished them with magic. Hopefully that still works.
Edit: Forgot to say, I will always be a lizard person because of the fact that they can breathe underwater, and that is great for escaping guards.

Thk13421

Nov 22, 2009
When I get it, I'm definitely making a heavy armor clad, greataxe swinging, mead guzzling Nord murderbeast. I am a simple man, of simple tastes.

I mean, seriously. VIKINGS. That is all.