skyrim what sould i get? and how to make money?

iron stomp

Jul 9, 2012
im a level 14 tank and i can take on alot of things but not more then one giant. so i need to know how sould i make money? and what armour sould i get? i need some hlep i only got steel armour dwarven boots and helment and a ring of minor weilding and ironhand gantlents and if you could tell me where to get it

thanks

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I'm a level 14 tank; I can take a-lot of things but not more than one giant. So, I need to know how I should make money? What armour should I get? I need some help. I've only got steel armour, Dwarven boots, a helmet and a ring (Minor wielding). Also, iron-hand gauntlets.

Thanks.
(Just to make it legible.)

I'd recommend steel plate armour, (you'll usually find it on bandit chiefs.) Also, if you want to make money, work on your smith/enchanting. Or, join the Dark Brotherhood. You get a pretty good sum per assassination.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I made a lot of money with alchemy. All the ingresients are just hanging around and some common things (like Blue Mountain Flower and Blue Butterfly Wings) combine to make expensive potions.

Also companions can carry more than their weight allowance when you ask them to pick up stuff off the floor: it helps when looting "dungeons."

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Level alchemy. You will never need money again. Your only problem will be finding a merchant in the world with any money left. This is why I installed the "Merchant's Wallets Level" mod, which causes the Merchants to have much more money, proportionate to your level.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Easiest way I ever found to make money was to steal it from merchants and sell loot you 'legitimately' come across. Invest in some sneak skill and you'll be able to make a large amount very quickly from no real effort.

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
A good way to make money would be killing dragons and selling their bones, but an even better but more time-consuming way would be to join the Dark Brotherhood as they give a good amount of money per quest. Probably more than any other faction. Especially the final quest in it. Do the Dark Brotherhood quests and you'll soon be rolling in Septims.

Mar 30, 2010
iron stomp said:
im a level 14 tank and i can take on alot of things but not more then one giant. so i need to know how sould i make money? and what armour sould i get? i need some hlep i only got steel armour dwarven boots and helment and a ring of minor weilding and ironhand gantlents and if you could tell me where to get it

thanks
Kill dragons and sell their remains, as CyanideSandwich said. Easiest way of doing that is to wait until it lands and then attack the flanks and wings. You'll be out of the way of both it's breath weapon and jaws, and you'll be surprised by just how little damage you take fighting them this way.

Another really easy way of making money is to get married. Your spouse will open a shop selling (and buying) miscellaneous items which will make you a profit of 100 gold a day, as well as giving you access to a 24 hour shop with 750 gold.

As for armour, level your smithing skill and make the best you can. Buying armour for hundreds (if not thousands) of gold when you could make it for free is a waste of cash.

SB Ripping

May 25, 2012
I have to agree with the guys that say alchemy. It was the fisrt skill i got to 100 and I can make potions that are $900+ a pc. I have about 400k in a container in my Whiterun house because of this. I also sell any scrolls and staffs i find along the way. And when you get the Transmute spell you can make tons of amulets and rings that you can get some major cash for. And never ever go back to town without being 1pound from being encumbered make the most out of every trip. Pick up every crappy item you can and just drop it when you find something more expensive to replace it. You also want to try to find stuff weights less but is high in value. Who cares about a 36lb warhammer worth 1500 when you find flawless gems from $600-$1000 that only weight 0.5lb.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I would join the companions to get some better equipment... They will give you some good stuff as you play through that, and there are some good rewards...

SB Ripping

May 25, 2012
And always remember to get whatever you think you may need from a merchant before you sell them anything so that you can get your cash back with the loot you sell so you can leave every merchant with a 0 balance when the transaction is over.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
I'm going to copy/paste my method of making money in Skyrim that I posted in another thread:

Here's my absolute best method for making money. All you need is Dwarven Smithing and a lot of extra room in your pack. You see, I plunder lots of Dwemer ruins (the Dwemer museum works) for the items you can smelt down. Then, I take the hundreds of dwarven metal ingots that I get and buy up all sorts of iron ingots from the blacksmiths that I cycle through - Solitude, Whiterun, and Windhelm - and use those iron ingots to make Dwarven bows (2 Dwarven Metal Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot), which sell for quite a decent amount at varying merchants between my cycle of cities.

Do you want to know how much money I have?

110k+

Fuck yeah.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Alchemy is slightly less profitable than Oblivion, but is most definitely one of the easiest ways to make some real money in Skyrim. But the question is more what you want money for in Skyrim. You can make potions useful for dungeon crawling, smith armor and weapons, and generally pick up everything apart from bought houses for pretty much no cost.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Honestly, the best way I've found in game to make money is through a combination of smithing and enchanting. Stock up on soul gems, iron ore, and leather. Make an iron dagger, enchant it, then sell it, then repeat. However, if you really want to start rolling in dough, there are certain enchantments that are worth significantly more than the others. The one that most comes to mind is Banishment. I was able to combine Iron Ore, Leather Strips, and a petty soul gem to make something that sold for over 1000G with no perks in Speachcraft. Lather, rinse, repeat. The only downside is that you'll rapidly find yourself outselling the vendors, even if you purchase every iron ore, leather or leather creator, and soul gem you come across (even with Grand Soul Gems you will make a profit per dagger).

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Join the Thieves Guild of Riften then you can find fences(people who buy stolen items from you as well as normal ones)in several holds across skyrim who have 4000 gold when they reset.

95spartans

Jul 18, 2011
Try to get all the stones of barenziah early on in the game and then do the quest to make the crown of barenziah. It give you a perk that increases the spawn rate for precious gems. You will find them in every chest, burial urn, or other simlar container in dungeons and in a few other places.

Schuldrich

Jan 16, 2010
AngelOfBlueRoses said:
I'm going to copy/paste my method of making money in Skyrim that I posted in another thread:

Here's my absolute best method for making money. All you need is Dwarven Smithing and a lot of extra room in your pack. You see, I plunder lots of Dwemer ruins (the Dwemer museum works) for the items you can smelt down. Then, I take the hundreds of dwarven metal ingots that I get and buy up all sorts of iron ingots from the blacksmiths that I cycle through - Solitude, Whiterun, and Windhelm - and use those iron ingots to make Dwarven bows (2 Dwarven Metal Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot), which sell for quite a decent amount at varying merchants between my cycle of cities.

110k+

Fuck yeah.
If you have the banish enchant you would be better off just buying iron, making daggers, buying all the soul stones a vendor has and enchanting the daggers with banish. Hell throw banish on the bows you're making and they would be worth more. It was the best enchant for money making. Haven't played in months so I don't know what they fixed.

And while I was typing someone beat me to it.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
Schuldrich said:
AngelOfBlueRoses said:

110k+

Fuck yeah.
If you have the banish enchant you would be better off just buying iron, making daggers, buying all the soul stones a vendor has and enchanting the daggers with banish. Hell throw banish on the bows you're making and they would be worth more. It was the best enchant for money making. Haven't played in months so I don't know what they fixed.

And while I was typing someone beat me to it.
Admittedly, I mostly did this to abuse the hell out of Smithing so that I could level fast, but iron daggers take too long to level with where as dwarven bows are much better for leveling Smithing and aren't that much more of a hassle than iron daggers.

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
Incase you wanna have fun while doing a profit, do this: First, join the Thieves guild. Then, get a Good light armor (Dark brotherhood/Thieves Guild's armor works just fine). Then you can just go on a thieving run and Pickpocket everything, lockpick every house, and then sell all your stolen items to the Thieves guild(since you can't sell stolen Items to normal Merchants, incase you haven't gotten a specific Speech Perk). Repeat.

I got a huge profit from doing this, and level'd up a ton too. It's hilarious to sneak through Markarth or Solitude and just steal everything. Also, here's a good tip. Try and level up Speech, so you can bribe the guards. That helped me quite a bit in the beginning.

Schuldrich

Jan 16, 2010
AngelOfBlueRoses said:
Oh I understand that. I did the iron ingot route my second run to just get it done with as soon as possible. I also ran to the ebony mine as soon as I could just to make daedric armor way too early in the game. My first run I actually did the same thing as you. I don't know how many bows I made, but they were the most efficient.

I knew there were leveling differences in alchemy depending on ingredients, I didn't notice it in smithing. Probably should've paid more attention, but then I just wanted it over quickly. My second run was to take everything I learned from the first playthrough and make an uber character. Then glitches were found and becoming overpowered was easy. Stupid fortify restoration.