SKYRIM WILL PROBABLY NOT SUCK FOR YOU.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Another one? Yup, it's a free forum isn't it?
Well Today NEW footage was released and I think it helps to proove how weird and cool skyrim's world will be. So here it is:
I have no idea how to put an embeded video (not from youtube) so here is the link and if anyone can be kind enough to explain, I would appreciate it.
[link]http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/717801/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-preview-x-play-exclusive-last-look/[/link]
i recommend both vids.
and a bonus link:
[link]http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/26/skyrim-utilizes-fallout-s-technological-advances.aspx[/link]
I mostly want to know what you escapists think. About the combat, architecture, aesthetics, etc.

I think when I see this, It reminds me of what I felt when I first stepped into morrowind. A weird vibe that made you understand, you were in a different world, which oblivion (great as it may be) didn't have, it felt like the lord of the rings in tamriel.

So yeah! Go Skyrim!

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
thats more revealing footage than I've seen lately.

ok, im in. but please god let me decorate my house with skulls. YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
My god i cannot wait for skyrim to come out! Was talking with everyone on my uni course, it seems almost all of us are pining for the games release.
Lectures are gonna be pretty empty come 11/11/11

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Wow. Unfortunatly I saw that horse get bumped to the side like a certain Gamebryo Engine would do....and the doungens look kind of the same. But meh, I loved Morrowind and Oblivion. So Psyched.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I couldn't watch the second video...the female narrator was just grating on my ear-drums. Also they had begun to loop different segments so I figured I could skip it. I really can't wait for Skyrim though! I've got it preordered through an independent games retailer. Can't wait to get my hands on it and murder the fuck out of my wive!! Assuming of course that'll get me in to the Dark Brotherhood.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
I couldn't watch the second video...the female narrator was just grating on my ear-drums. Also they had begun to loop different segments so I figured I could skip it. I really can't wait for Skyrim though! I've got it preordered through an independent games retailer. Can't wait to get my hands on it and murder the fuck out of my wive!! Assuming of course that'll get me in to the Dark Brotherhood.
Calls the cops*

But, yeah, that female narrator is pretty fucking annoying and pretty fucking stupid. "My guess is that the mother was a dragon and the father was drunk" SHE FUCKING MEANT IT
But there are new cities and environments, they do start looping but there is new content from start to finish.

To think that those 11 minutes don't even scratch the surface of the actual game...

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I love the part where the guy jumps off the cliff, and lightly flaps his hands on the way down... then not flinching when he slams into the ground.

Looks awesome, though I don't think I can get any more hyped... they'd have to announce crossbows and spears are back for me to get more excited.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I'm gonna be alternating between this and BF3 when it's released... My GPA is gonna drop... There goes my means of goin to good 4 year school that has my degree

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
I am still weary of the NPC conversations. They don't show you much in that area. This one looks better than their previous games but, let's face it, that isn't saying much. I am gonna have to try this one out before I buy it. Oblivion boasted a lot of features that fell flat and the hype on it was just as massive as this release. Bethesda hasn't made a game that I have felt is worthy of a first day purchase. However, they have had many games have a huge marketing commitment with a lot of hype pushing the game. Fallout 3 had me genuinely curious and now Skyrim has me curious but Fallout 3 turned out to not be worth it for me personally. I'll make up my mind about Skyrim after I have checked it out. So far, it looks interesting but that is all I can credit it based on Bethesda's track record with me. There is a strong possibility I will rent it, and be bored of it due to a stale atmosphere and bad writing.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Ragsnstitches said:
I love the part where the guy jumps off the cliff, and lightly flaps his hands on the way down... then not flinching when he slams into the ground.

Looks awesome, though I don't think I can get any more hyped... they'd have to announce crossbows and spears are back for me to get more excited.
He's used a shout that makes him temporarily invincible, but unable to attack.
For more information on it, watch this. [link]http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/137[/link] (around 11:20)

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I haven't played any other Elder Scrolls game so I haven't been super excited for Skyrim but all this footage from it is starting to make me really look forward to playing it. It looks like it's going to be the ultimate free roam fantasy game. I just hope it fulfills everyone's expectations.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Plenty of games provide weird and cool worlds.

However, unless the reviews are bursting at the seams with news of how surprisingly bug free the game is, it won't be a pre-order purchase.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Of course it won't!
Well it might... at the very beginning until Bethesda fix all the bugs that the game will undoubtely be loaded with.

I swear they see release dates as some sort of Beta trial period...
But i am looking foward to it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Uhhhh, it still looks like generic fantasy world #394562894719379013.

Also, when that lady said "I saw a dragon!!!!", I have a feeling that will become the next "I saw a mudcrab!!!!!".